Westview vs. USJ

Futball4Life

I was not so much concerned about the calls, but more who the calls were called on. From what I could tell the Westview boys were getting called for reactions to actions that were taken on them. Not to excuse the reactions, of course. I realize there are frustrations on both sides when things do not go right.

I guess the quote of the night was, "I like playing these private Christian schools cause you can always tell whether or not they are Christians."

I heard a lot of compliments on JCS ... not so many compliments last night though. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Everyone that I have seen play this year has had good sportsmanship. Some of Westview's players changed all that! Number 76 was getting handled all night and he was upset about it. He had one unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on him when he first came up swinging at another USJ player, then was using curse words at the refs. He was talking trash all night, he should have been thrown out in the second quarter. He also had a standoff in the USJ huddle right after he got pancaked. There were numerous other reports about A FIEW of Westviews players playing very unsportsmanlike.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone that I have seen play this year has had good sportsmanship. Some of Westview's players changed all that! Number 76 was getting handled all night and he was upset about it. He had one unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on him when he first came up swinging at another USJ player, then was using curse words at the refs. He was talking trash all night, he should have been thrown out in the second quarter. He also had a standoff in the USJ huddle right after he got pancaked. There were numerous other reports about A FIEW of Westviews players playing very unsportsmanlike.

First of all, #76 was not taking a swing at your player, he was frustrated about being pushed to the ground after the whistle had blown and he threw his hands in the air to show that he was himself stopping play and accidentally hit the player in the face. Secondly, you should ask, oh I don't know, probably all of your receivers about their lovely and continuous use of trash talk including the use of many four letter words. The stand-off in the huddle was after a blatant block in the back that prevented your QB from being smashed and was obviously one of many missed by the refs Friday night. Your post is what we have come to expect week in and week out over the last couple of years. Best for you to forget another humiliating loss and move on. I had my doubts last year about Milan's posts regarding USJ. After this year, those doubts have been eliminated.

First of all, #76 was not taking a swing at your player, he was frustrated about being pushed to the ground after the whistle had blown and he threw his hands in the air to show that he was himself stopping play and accidentally hit the player in the face. Secondly, you should ask, oh I don't know, probably all of your receivers about their lovely and continuous use of trash talk including the use of many four letter words. The stand-off in the huddle was after a blatant block in the back that prevented your QB from being smashed and was obviously one of many missed by the refs Friday night. Your post is what we have come to expect week in and week out over the last couple of years. Best for you to forget another humiliating loss and move on. I had my doubts last year about Milan's posts regarding USJ. After this year, those doubts have been eliminated.

Don't worry about it Cotton, It's NEVER EVER EVER USJ's fault!!!! Those kids never cuss, never play dirty, never ever do they do anything wrong...sounds like another gain of respect for USJ /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I always cringe to hear an entire team categorized for mistakes made by one or two players when emotions are high. That seems to be a trend here on CoachT. I don't have a vested interest in either of these two schools, but I would remind all of us that kids are kids, and when emotions are high, mistakes are apt to be made. This is true of kids from all schools, including the school that I support.

For every player that loses control of his emotions on the field, there are likely a ten to twenty players on that same team who display good sportsmanship. We played Westview earlier this season, and their sportsmanship was top shelf. We've played USJ every year since I've know of either school. Their sportsmanship the last two years in our games was good, and these were years when they were down and struggling for wins.

My point is simple - avoid the temptation to paint an entire team or a whole program with a big brush because of the actions of a few. Every team will have players who will embarass themselves at some point in the heat of a game.

I had my doubts last year about Milan's posts regarding USJ. After this year, those doubts have been eliminated.

Cottontop/Chevy48,

Handled = Held. (just for the thesaurus users)

My point is simple - avoid the temptation to paint an entire team or a whole program with a big brush because of the actions of a few. Every team will have players who will embarass themselves at some point in the heat of a game.

Teams win and lose on one person's mistakes. Team is not individual. Football is a team sport. If you want to be an individual ... play video games. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The score is in the books. Let's move on.

Don't worry about it Cotton, It's NEVER EVER EVER USJ's fault!!!! Those kids never cuss, never play dirty, never ever do they do anything wrong...sounds like another gain of respect for USJ /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Players act the way they were raised to and teams play the way they are coached to. Are all USJ players guilty? nope. Are a whole lot of them. From what I've seen, yes.

Cottontop/Chevy48,

Handled = Held. (just for the thesaurus users)

Teams win and lose on one person's mistakes. Team is not individual. Football is a team sport. If you want to be an individual ... play video games. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The score is in the books. Let's move on.

Handled must equal held cause you know like i know, there isn't many people who are gonna HANDLED #76 Burlison! He is a beast! A double or maybe even triple team will be needed! Nice try though! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

First off the play I was talking about was when there was a fumble (that turned out to be an incomplete pass) and number 76 was already on the ground (with the ball)! He wasnt pushed, everyone was trying to get up. Secondly the stand off was no where near USJ's quarterback! 76 was playing defensive end and rushed outside, then tried to spin inside and the right guard hit him and cleanly knocked him down and no holding. I didn't say the entire team was unsportsmanlike. I said a few players on the team didnt show that they were. Im sure you can say that about every team, I just haven't seen it that much by anyone this year. One of the running backs that later played defensive end was very sportsmanlike, joking with USJ's players. I have no clue about USJ's recievers mouthing, ill ask around about that. And I dont think it was "humiliating." JCS lost to Westview by twenty one, USJ by twenty eight.

First off the play I was talking about was when there was a fumble (that turned out to be an incomplete pass) and number 76 was already on the ground (with the ball)! He wasnt pushed, everyone was trying to get up. Secondly the stand off was no where near USJ's quarterback! 76 was playing defensive end and rushed outside, then tried to spin inside and the right guard hit him and cleanly knocked him down and no holding. I didn't say the entire team was unsportsmanlike. I said a few players on the team didnt show that they were. One of the running backs that later played defensive end was very sportsmanlike, joking with USJ's players. I have no clue about USJ's recievers mouthing, ill ask around about that. And I dont think it was "humiliating." JCS lost to Westview by twenty one, USJ by twenty eight.

28-13=15....That means JCS only lost by 15

Handled must equal held cause you know like i know, there isn't many people who are gonna HANDLED #76 Burlison! He is a beast! A double or maybe even triple team will be needed! Nice try though! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

How many times did he get to the QB? How many tackles did he have?

How many times did he get to the QB? How many tackles did he have?

Better questions.A] Why did USJ double team him every play? B] How many points did USJ score? C] How many did Westview score? D] How many times has USJ/Westview played? E] How many times has USJ beaten Westview? F] In those 3 years, how many points has USJ scored? G] In those 3 years , how many has Westview scored? H] In the 6 previous games this season, how many unsportmanslike penalties has Westview had? I] If a tree falls in the USJ parking lot, is it more likely to hit a Lexus or a BMW? J]What is the only thing that Westview fans and Milan fans agree on? [answers follow] A. Because he's big and strong and no one from USJ has a chance by themselves B.10 C.38 D. 3 E. 0 F.17 G.80 H. Zero, zilch, nada I. Nobody cares. Their daddy will buy them a new one J. You know the answer to this one. Now ,can we just move on? USJ got taken to the woodshed. It's over and done. Three more games and you can go to the gym and whine about how dirty your opponents are in that sport too.