South Vs. East

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

South will stay a 4A team because their area has 4 high schools around it. Students can almost opt to go to Central, North, DB, or South. I think that will keep them at 4A. Compare how many high schools you have in Washington vs Sullivan County and it will make you scrath your head somewhat. I know we have two big cities in Sullivan County, but Washington County is in desperate need of new HS's. The numbers are just too high.

I think THS has the most students in Region 1 4A. All of the teams are below the number required for 5A. Some are below the 4A number as well.

THSVikings2004 is correct for Region 1 4A. But Dawg, this is a dead issue anyway. Don't stir that crapola up. When teams win the size thing gets brought up. It's silly. It's been played out, over and over in reference to DB in the past. South and TN High are well below the threshold of the 5A classification. Just so you know, I looked at the Region I and Region II 4A teams that traditionally play each other here in NET (2006 enrollments). There are 7 schools smaller than South, and 8 schools larger. The smallest being Johnson Co and North, both playing up in clasification, with 683 and 703 respectively. East is at 989. South is at 1056. TN High is 1178. The largest, being Crockett, is at 1390. State Champ Maryville (just for kicks and giggles) is at 1381.

This is a mute issue once again, otherwise Crockett would be our state champ or at least contending for it.

Want another example of why the size thing don't fly. Let's look at 5A:

Dobyns-Bennett 1799

Riverdale 1943

Science Hill 2031

Hadn't seen too many gold balls for football in J.C. lately have we. None in Kingsport either for that matter.

SO, Replying to South Vs. East:

South 45

East 21

THSVikings2004 is correct for Region 1 4A. But Dawg, this is a dead issue anyway. Don't stir that crapola up. When teams win the size thing gets brought up. It's silly. It's been played out, over and over in reference to DB in the past. South and TN High are well below the threshold of the 5A classification. Just so you know, I looked at the Region I and Region II 4A teams that traditionally play each other here in NET (2006 enrollments). There are 7 schools smaller than South, and 8 schools larger. The smallest being Johnson Co and North, both playing up in clasification, with 683 and 703 respectively. East is at 989. South is at 1056. TN High is 1178. The largest, being Crockett, is at 1390. State Champ Maryville (just for kicks and giggles) is at 1381.

This is a mute issue once again, otherwise Crockett would be our state champ or at least contending for it.

Want another example of why the size thing don't fly. Let's look at 5A:

Dobyns-Bennett 1799

Riverdale 1943

Science Hill 2031

Hadn't seen too many gold balls for football in J.C. lately have we. None in Kingsport either for that matter.

SO, Replying to South Vs. East:

South 45

East 21

I hope the score is that huge

Believe it or not these two teams have very similar styles being that they both rely heavily on the productivity of their respective QBs. Both play tough on D but neither play with a lot of depth, so both are vulnerable in the fourth quarter. The problem is that that hasn??™t been an issue for South because they have usually demoralized their opponents by then and are using their reserves in the fourth. On offense, Curt puts South on another level with what he contributes to the Rebel team. With that said??¦the same thing rings true this week as it will anytime you line up against the Rebels. If you limit Curt??™s individual productivity you have a chance to win. If you stop Philips there is still a good chance the Rebels will still prevail. But the fact of the matter is that if you don??™t stop (or limit) Philips??¦they WILL prevail. IMO East will score with South for two and a half quarters before they run out of steam and get STEAMROLLED.

Curt will return a punt late in the fourth to put the Rebels up by 28!! /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just kidding. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />