South Vs. East

It's all about the big plays.

It's not that South will blow you off the line.

It's not that they will control the ball and the clock.

They're defense won't shut you down, either.

You will lose because their offense will get to run plays, and if they run enough plays, they will hit several BIG plays. Phillips will bust one open running, or he will hit the receiver for the long pass play, and they will put points on you just when you think you're starting to handle things. And if you make a mistake, their defense will make the BIG play on you and make you pay.

In the Boone vs. South game, you take away the BIG plays (fumbled kick return, a couple of long pass plays, and the INT return for the TD), and you've got a heck of a close ballgame.

But that's just it. You CAN'T take away the big plays, and so you lose. That's what makes Phillips so good. Give him enough time, and he'll make a big play...................

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You will lose because their offense will get to run plays, and if they run enough plays, they will hit several BIG plays. Phillips will bust one open running, or he will hit the receiver for the long pass play, and they will put points on you just when you think you're starting to handle things. And if you make a mistake, their defense will make the BIG play on you and make you pay.

In the Boone vs. South game, you take away the BIG plays (fumbled kick return, a couple of long pass plays, and the INT return for the TD), and you've got a heck of a close ballgame.

But that's just it. You CAN'T take away the big plays, and so you lose. That's what makes Phillips so good. Give him enough time, and he'll make a big play...................

Great assesment /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Right on....... /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Great post.

East will get exposed tonight. I still say East is a 3rd place team. South D will be like nothing you have seen all year, and then of course Mr Phillips. This game will not be close. Phillips runs for as much as he wants tonight.

Rebels 42 Pats 14 Good Luck to both

Good post I think playoffs teams are gonna be:

#1- South

#2 Tn High

#3 East

#4 John. County

East will get exposed tonight. I still say East is a 3rd place team. South D will be like nothing you have seen all year, and then of course Mr Phillips. This game will not be close. Phillips runs for as much as he wants tonight.

Rebels 42 Pats 14 Good Luck to both

Excuse me,

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

East has already played THS so they have seen the best D in the conference and maybe the area. at 9.2 points a game.

Excuse me,

/popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

East has already played THS so they have seen the best D in the conference and maybe the area. at 9.2 points a game.

I have to agree. ONLY 100 total yards of offense for the Patriots in that game. And that??™s including trash time when the got 30 of those yards in one pass play! After scoring on the Vikings reserves and GOING FOR TWO, the score was 8 to 25 with 18 seconds on the clock and NELSON KICKED AN ONSIDES KICK and recovered it. The Vikings responded by puttin the big dawgs back on the field, but that didn??™t stop Mr. Nelson. He ran a (unsuccessful) play and then CALLED A TIME OUT with 6 seconds left??¦trying to squeeze one more in. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Excuse me,

Excuse me also,

I predict you're going to see a little spike on your points per game allowed control chart in a couple of weeks. Now, pass the popcorn and let the big dawgs eat. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Excuse me also,

I predict you're going to see a little spike on your points per game allowed control chart in a couple of weeks. Now, pass the popcorn and let the big dawgs eat. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I've came to the conclusion that the MLC is weak except for South and having a stingy D aganist these teams is no great accompolishment. I agree South should ring up some big numbers all the way to the playoffs. Until they get out of mediocre-ville.

Excuse me,

Final Score

Sullivan South 56

Sullivan East 6

First Downs SS 20 SE 4

Rush yards SS 307 SE 106 (71 coming on a single run(defensive breakdown) by East's Caleb Looney 2nd qtr)

Pass yards SS 106 SE 20

Total Offense SS 413 SE 106

East had 25 total yards in the 2nd Half.

Borrowed from Tricitiessports.com:

NOTES:

The Rebels outgained the Patriots 101- (-25) in the first quarter.

Only 14 of Sullivan East’s 33 plays from scrimmage gained positive yardage. Sullivan South made seven tackles for a loss, including Chris Collins’ 19-yard sack on the Patriots’ first offensive series.

The only possession in which Sullivan South was held without a score in the second half was when time ran out. The Rebels had moved 35 yards on four rushing plays before third-string quarterback Aaron St. Claire fell on the ball twice at the Sullivan East 30-yard-line.

Any second thoughts on "the best D in the conference", vikingdad? You might want to ask the Pats what they think. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />