Region 8-2A Playoff Scenario

pioneer90

alright were halfway through the season and really this thing can go alot of ways. who makes the playoffs. right now westview has dominated as has milan despite a shocker with huntingdon.jcs gets a big win friday night over humboldt to put them in fourth and trenton peabody sit third after surviving gibson county along with a more than generous spot on fourth and one friday night at peabody. Gibson County has gotten better every week and has shown great defense at times but once again is the tough luck team losing close games to jcs(17-14 with four minutes in the fourth) and peabody (14-10, dominated trenton for four quarters) dresden brings up the rear, enough said about the lions. the playmakers in this region highlight the best in west TN maybe the state. Kendall Harper, Peabody-should i even say anything else?-(1,400 yards, 20 TDs)Bill Hardegree, USJ-(1,600 yards and 14 TDs) Elijah Epperson, Humboldt-(averaging 24.6 yards a catch) Antone Cunningham, Gibson County-(season high 186 yards rushing against trenton) and many more all call region 8-2A home. so after half of a season whats your predictions? Does westview go undefeated? does Gibson County use heartbreak to turn the corner and finish atleast 5-5 to have a chance at a playoff birth? does a team finally figure out that all trenton does is snap it to kendall harper and let him work his magic and key on it as westview did? do josh aldrige and the jcs eagles keep churnin out the hard victories? Gimme what you got for a pork chop.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gibson County has gotten better every week and has shown great defense at times but once again is the tough luck team losing close games to jcs(17-14 with four minutes in the fourth)

Actually, the score was 24-7 JCS when GC scored in the fourth quarter on a Cunningham 5 yard run, not 17-14 with four minutes to go in the 4th.

With that being said, I think it is a given that Milan and Westview are both locks for 2 of the three automatic bids from 8-2A. I believe that the Trenton at JCS during week 9 game will eventually end up deciding who gets the third and final automatic tournament bid. I would also call it a lock to say that region 8-2A will get 4 teams into the dance. There is a chance that up to 5 teams could make it depending on how things shake out. Anyway, those are my quick thoughts. Of course, there are 4 weeks left in the regular season. There is still a bunch of football left to be played and anything can happen.

1) Westview 3-0 6-0

2) Milan 3-0 5-1

3)Trenton 3-1 5-2

4)JCS 2-1 5-1

5)USJ 1-2 2-4

6) Humboldt 1-3 3-4

7)Gibson 0-3 2-4

8) Dresden 0-3 1-5

Also to pioneer90....this years playoff system is different than years past...They are taking the top 2 teams from each region in the state and after those top 2 teams are gone from each region they are doing it by best record

1) Westview 3-0 6-0

2) Milan 3-0 5-1

3)Trenton 3-1 5-2

4)JCS 2-1 5-1

5)USJ 1-2 2-4

6) Humboldt 1-3 3-4

7)Gibson 0-3 2-4

8) Dresden 0-3 1-5

Also to pioneer90....this years playoff system is different than years past...They are taking the top 2 teams from each region in the state and after those top 2 teams are gone from each region they are doing it by best record

Hey GC - I think you meant to say top 3 from each region. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

24-13 with 3:30 to go

Actually, the score was 24-7 JCS when GC scored in the fourth quarter on a Cunningham 5 yard run, not 17-14 with four minutes to go in the 4th.

With that being said, I think it is a given that Milan and Westview are both locks for 2 of the three automatic bids from 8-2A. I believe that the Trenton at JCS during week 9 game will eventually end up deciding who gets the third and final automatic tournament bid. I would also call it a lock to say that region 8-2A will get 4 teams into the dance. There is a chance that up to 5 teams could make it depending on how things shake out. Anyway, those are my quick thoughts. Of course, there are 4 weeks left in the regular season. There is still a bunch of football left to be played and anything can happen.

In 2-A, they are taking the top THREE teams from each of the nine regions and those 27 teams are automatically in the new playoff format. The final five spots will be determined by taking the teams with the best overall records who did not make it in as an automatic qualifier. Once you have the 32 teams selected, the TSSAA will place those 32 teams into one of 4 quadrants. Then the teams in each quadrant will be seeded 1-8 and the playoffs will begin. You could end up having a number one seed from a region playing a first round road game depending on how they are seeded in a qaudrant. The five wildcard teams will automatically be the lowest seeded teams in the tournament. This is something I do disagree with. Region 9 will probably only have one of thier 3 representatives with a winning record. The other two teams will still be seeded higher than some wild card team from another region even though the wild card team will be a team with a better overall record. There is another region that I can't remember which it is that will have some of its qualifiers have non winning records as well.

24-13 with 3:30 to go

alright to all the gizz famers on here who wanna split hairs i was on the field. going into halftime jcs led 17 to 7. gibson county came out and drove the field killing the whole third quarter and some fourth to make it 14-17 then yes jcs scored on a returned interception and so on...but why can we not just agree that yes gc was within three of jcs and had the ball before a sophomore quarterback threw a duck. huh? give us a bone here

There is another region that I can't remember which it is that will have some of its qualifiers have non winning records as well.

We can only hope that a 4-6 or 3-7 team does not make it in over a team that is 6-4 or 7-3.

But we are talking about 8-2A and not just 2A ... and so we are clear ... there are 4 more weeks and no one is guaranteed a spot yet. Probably a good bet just to play ball and see what happens. As it looks right now, USJ, JCS, Milan, Westview, Peabody, and Humboldt still have a shot depending on what happens ... to make one of those three top spots.

With that said, I'll leave the predicting to the weather man. He has satelites in space and he don't always get it right. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

As it looks right now, USJ, JCS, Milan, Westview, Peabody, and Humboldt still have a shot depending on what happens ... to make one of those three top spots.

Dont count GC out just yet. all those teams are built on great offenses. The pioneers are built on hard nosed defense.

DEFENSE wins championships