Region 8-2A Playoff Scenario

pioneer90

As it looks right now, USJ, JCS, Milan, Westview, Peabody, and Humboldt still have a shot depending on what happens ... to make one of those three top spots.

Dont count GC out just yet. all those teams are built on great offenses. The pioneers are built on hard nosed defense.

DEFENSE wins championships

Gibson County: Opponets have scored-148 total points

Trenton: Opponets have scored-139 total points

JCS: Opponets have scored-99 total points

Westveiw: Opponets have scored-67 total points

Milan: Opponets have scored-60 total points

I agree that defense wins championships, but I would hardly say that Gibson County's team is built around hard nosed defense.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gibson County: Opponets have scored-148 total points

Trenton: Opponets have scored-139 total points

JCS: Opponets have scored-99 total points

Westveiw: Opponets have scored-67 total points

Milan: Opponets have scored-60 total points

I agree that defense wins championships, but I would hardly say that Gibson County's team is built around hard nosed defense.

ill agreed weve given up our fair share of points early in the season. we got beat 38 to nothin in the jamboree. which if you wanna get in depth might have been a result of our administration not letting us practice because we had just watched one of our teammates drop dead. we had no scrimmages. our first contact with another team was the jamboree so were just now getting into real thick of our playing groove. we held kendall to around sixty yards i guess minus the sixty yard busted play he scored on. we held milan scoreless in the second half i know and maybe the second quarter as well. most touchdowns scored on are a result of our opponent getting the ball on our fifteen or so usually. since the second half of the jcs game we have been a different team and our game against peabody speaks for itself yea we lost but so did mckenzie and humboldt who ill remind you both gave up more points to peabody than we did. i am rootin for milan next friday as i think jw and some of your other guys can run with kendall prolly can tackle him since hes a 290 bencher and 315 power cleaner.

ill agreed weve given up our fair share of points early in the season. we got beat 38 to nothin in the jamboree. which if you wanna get in depth might have been a result of our administration not letting us practice because we had just watched one of our teammates drop dead. we had no scrimmages. our first contact with another team was the jamboree so were just now getting into real thick of our playing groove. we held kendall to around sixty yards i guess minus the sixty yard busted play he scored on. we held milan scoreless in the second half i know and maybe the second quarter as well. most touchdowns scored on are a result of our opponent getting the ball on our fifteen or so usually. since the second half of the jcs game we have been a different team and our game against peabody speaks for itself yea we lost but so did mckenzie and humboldt who ill remind you both gave up more points to peabody than we did. i am rootin for milan next friday as i think jw and some of your other guys can run with kendall prolly can tackle him since hes a 290 bencher and 315 power cleaner.

I must agree with you pioneer90 about the fact that GC has looked like a different team since the second half of JCS...We did beat West Carroll 35-14 and shoulda beat them 56-14....We gave Trenton the game of their life, you could tell they did not expect that to be a game at all...I have no clue why I was giving Trenton so much credit before the season...I guess because of Kendal but I did not know that the rest of the team was out there to take up spots...I see it finishing as this...

1)Westview

2)Milan

3)JCS

4)Trenton....Don't be surprised to see USJ here!!!

5)USJ

6)Gibson Co.

7)Humboldt....I heard Chauncey Hunt received a big injury last week!!! Big loss there

8)Dresden

I see it finishing as this...

1)Westview

2)Milan

3)JCS

4)Trenton....Don't be surprised to see USJ here!!!

5)USJ

6)Gibson Co.

7)Humboldt....I heard Chauncey Hunt received a big injury last week!!! Big loss there

8)Dresden

You work for the Weather Channel?

8-2A(and all its aliases before this name change) have put a lot of arm chair quarterbacks, weather men, psychics, and prophets to shame. Even Fearless is scared of this Region.

Region 8-2A does not check under its bed for Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Region 8-2A. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

24-13 with 3:30 to go

alright to all the gizz famers on here who wanna split hairs i was on the field. going into halftime jcs led 17 to 7. county came out and drove the field killing the whole third quarter and some fourth to make it 14-17 then yes jcs scored on a returned interception and so on...but why can we not just agree that yes gc was within three of jcs and had the ball before a sophomore quarterback threw a duck. huh? give us a bone here

For someone who says that they were on the field that night, you sure don't have a clue as to how this game unfolded.

JCS 14 3 0 21 38

GC 0 0 7 6 13

Above is the quarter by quarter line score from this game. Below is the game scoring summary:

First QTR

JCS Z. White 1 yard run Jones kick 7-0 JCS

JCS C. Pressley 12yd pass from Hudson Jones kick 14-0 JCS

Second QTR

JCS Cody Jones 30yrd fg 17-0 JCS

Third QTR

GC Matt Smith 3 yd run Reed kick 17-7 JCS

Fourth QTR

JCS T. Perkins 24yd pass from Jones Jones kick 24-7 JCS

GC A. Cunningham 5 yard run kick failed 24-13 JCS

JCS B. Taylor 6 yd run Jones kick 31-13 JCS

JCS B. Cooper 36yd INT return Jones kick 38-13 JCS

pioneer90,

I am not splitting hairs, just presenting facts. The game did not play out the way you said in your narrative. The half time score was not 17-7 JCS. GC never got to within 17-14 either, thus we can't agree that that is how it played out either. Sorry, no bone for you on that one. LIke I said, I am not splitting hairs, just stating facts. Besides, what the heck is a gizz famer anyway?

You work for the Weather Channel?

8-2A(and all its aliases before this name change) have put a lot of arm chair quarterbacks, weather men, psychics, and prophets to shame. Even Fearless is scared of this Region.

Region 8-2A does not check under its bed for Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris checks under his bed for Region 8-2A. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

LOL!!! Good one fieldgoal, however all a weather man does is look at charts and make a wild guess....AM I CORRECT??? and better yet half the time their wrong lol....I guess I am just an am chair QB....maybe a psychic if this season plays out the way I have it /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Really? How do you give up 38 in a jamboree????

I am not splitting hairs, just presenting facts. The game did not play out the way you said in your narrative. The half time score was not 17-7 JCS. GC never got to within 17-14 either, thus we can't agree that that is how it played out either. Sorry, no bone for you on that one. LIke I said, I am not splitting hairs, just stating facts. Besides, what the heck is a gizz famer anyway?

If you don't know, you probably don't want to ask.

Pioneer90,

We'll see how good that defense is when you play Westview!

Yes that is true, Westview has a lot of talent on O but GC does have an advantage with Coach Dyer who came from Westview and saw Coach Coady's offense behind the scenes, but then again so did Coach Ward and he coached a great game so you never know! Let's just focus on this week first! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />