Morristown East vs. Cocke County

cane73

Well, you do know your east high football and I agree 100%. They do have good atheletes to play the positions that you mentioned for the future. A strong dive back (Helton?), at least one speed back (Blanton), to run outside, at least one good possession WR (Clark), an athletic QB (Howell) with the ability to run and throw while moving, as well as carry out all the misdirection fakes that make the wing-t go, and a mobile O-line. The whole issue is that these guys are green and as you said, the only teacher is experience.

Sometimes change is necessary (injuries), and sometimes the best change is no change. It is hard sometimes to do when you are struggling, but patience will win in the end. Confidence is a strange thing, but one game soon everything will click, and you will see athletes that are playing to make plays rather than athletes that are playing trying to avoid mistakes, which is what they are doing right now.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes the more you change personel, the worse it gets, and you have to realize at the high school level at least you got to play who you got. This years defense is probably the best in recent memory, but spend way too much time on the field. In years past the Canes have been blessed with outstanding offenses but struggled defensively. The trick to having that great year is putting both a good offense and defense out there at the same time, and sometimes no matter how many changes you make it simply is not there, whether it be coach Hatcher, or Bear Bryant.

They should still have enough to beat the Fighting Cocks.

Sugarcane you are probably right on making too many changes, but we have too try something. Alot of

these players ran this offense when they were freshman. I have seen these same players get the job done.

I really fell that the offensive line let us down last week. These guys have played really good, most of the

year.West was getting in the backfield as soon as we snap the ball.I do not know if the guards were missing

their blocks or what. I know we will still have some growing pains with our backfield, but I fell the offensive

line we should not. I know the line can get it done, they just need to work more as a unit.

Note: Our offensive line has had problem all year, in the red zone. Jeff Co. games is one that comes to mind.

when teams go into a goal line defense, we are not getting the push or we just plain miss the block.

Maybe you guys are thinking too much, I fell this will be your breakout game!

Go Canes!

Sugarcane you are probably right on making too many changes, but we have too try something. Alot of

these players ran this offense when they were freshman. I have seen these same players get the job done.

I really fell that the offensive line let us down last week. These guys have played really good, most of the

year.West was getting in the backfield as soon as we snap the ball.I do not know if the guards were missing

their blocks or what. I know we will still have some growing pains with our backfield, but I fell the offensive

line we should not. I know the line can get it done, they just need to work more as a unit.

Note: Our offensive line has had problem all year, in the red zone. Jeff Co. games is one that comes to mind.

when teams go into a goal line defense, we are not getting the push or we just plain miss the block.

Maybe you guys are thinking too much, I fell this will be your breakout game!

Go Canes!

EASTFAN, sometimes the line got too many people to block. When teams put 9-10 in the box it's tough regardless of how much push you get.

EASTFAN, sometimes the line got too many people to block. When teams put 9-10 in the box it's tough regardless of how much push you get.

East has three days practice preparing for Cocke County which is a dangerous

opponent. This is a Conference game East needs to win. East has practiced

some on their passing under center, and shot gun , in case it is needed .

The players appear to be ready to put several points on the board and ready

to move to the next level . Go Canes!

East has three days practice preparing for Cocke County which is a dangerous

opponent. This is a Conference game East needs to win. East has practiced

some on their passing under center, and shot gun , in case it is needed .

The players appear to be ready to put several points on the board and ready

to move to the next level . Go Canes!

I'm not sure that CC is dangerous. So a tight win doesn't help except in the win column. A big win should be expected if things are right in the East camp. Other than beating a rock solid Volunteer team that apparently has internal problems, CC has not been that good. They do play hard and clean.

I will render my opinion on the issue. It does not matter about throwing the football like I have heard all week. Last year, this offense set school records because they could run outside. If a team puts 9 in the box and you can block the edges, you can run outside and then when they widen out it opens up the counters and dives. East completed maybe 30% of its passes last year and was never a threat to burn anyone with the pass but Greenlee,gibson and harris blocked well and made dockery all state. This year, we are not getting the blocking and can not run wide and it is not opening up anything else. The changes that have been made that will be huge friday night are the ones on the edges. Watch and see. The sweep will click and everything else will fall in line. If the sweep does not......then nothing else will either. We may throw some deep balls for a shot at a quick 6 but the main point will to be to plant the seed in the mind of CC that maybe they better honor it but the real key to this offense is the sweep.

Cane, great honest summary. A lot of people do not understand that recievers are nothing but glorified guards,

that why people like randy Moss and particularly the over glorified reciever (refuse to say or write his name) in the Big D are still in the league after all these years. They are great blockers

you are right about high school WR (esp. in East TN where teams are 95% run). NFL is a different story where teams throw the ball half the time. you do not have to be a great blocker to play WR in the NFL, though it is surely a plus (Tim Brown and Jerry Rice were among the best-- our WR coach made us watch game film on them to study their blocking). Moss is an avg. blocker at best if you ask me. if blocking keeps you in the NFL then I should be suited up for someone right now and playing on sundays. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

changes have been made all olong the offense. I think that there will be some better blocking come friday.

I hope the changes made this week are enough to blow out Cocke County. If the

half time score is close I hope play calling adjustments are made . Against West

no adjustments were made in the play calling to stop West from loading the line

and they semed to know what play was coming.

I agree we don't need a pass happy team and we did need better blocking. I do

think we need some 15--20 yard pass plays available if the other team loads the

line every down.

I believe Friday's game outcome will be a preview for the rest of the season.

I expect East offense to put 5 td's. Go Canes !