MBA-Brentwood Academy

YamRocks

to all you guys who calle me crazy when I told you that BA's DLine was overrated, stink on that one, they simply could not take it for the entire game and wore down late. THATS RIGHT BA, YOU LOST, NENENENENENE HAHAHAHAHAHA

Other than your admirable sportsmanship, you obviously know a lot. Were you watching? The D line struggled early and put the clamps on in the second half...... The BA offense was had a terrible night. High snaps, penalties, and bad decisions were all over the place. Because of this, MBA started multiple drives inside the 40 yard line, and yet the BA D held them to field goals. The one TD came when MBA started around the 30. And BA's D gave up less yards than their own miserable offense put up- 157. The D easily played well enough to win, but got no help from the O.

p.s.

Last Year: undefeated until loss at McCallie, beats McCallie for state championship

This Year: undefeated until loss at MBA............

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried to keep perspective, and have consistently told people that this year's BA team is not as good as last year's state champs...at least not yet. You can beat the "good" teams with a one dimensional offense and a solid defense, but if you make too many mistakes, a well coached and talented team like MBA will make you pay.

Simply put, MBA was the better team. I hate losing to MBA as much as anyone, but have great admiration for their program. See you in the playoffs, I hope.

Well said by some of the other BA guys. I also bitterly hate losing to MBA but they were the better team tonight. BA's offense was pretty bad. They had too many penalties & mistakes, the passing game was terrible, the blocking was not very good. The defense played well, certainly well enough to win. MBA had great field position the whole night and still managed only 13 points (one TD). When BA fell into a 10-0 hole I knew it would be a real dogfight to get back in the game.

MBA is limited offensively, but they have a very good power run game. Their defense is also strong. It was an ideal game for MBA. They got out to an early lead and then just protected that lead by eating up the clock with their running game and playing solid defense.

Chris Jordan did not play a single snap. No excuses, of course. I think these two teams will meet again the state finals as long as they are on opposite sides of the bracket. Tonight I give MBA all the credit, they deserved to win.

I have tried to keep perspective, and have consistently told people that this year's BA team is not as good as last year's state champs...at least not yet. You can beat the "good" teams with a one dimensional offense and a solid defense, but if you make too many mistakes, a well coached and talented team like MBA will make you pay.

Simply put, MBA was the better team. I hate losing to MBA as much as anyone, but have great admiration for their program. See you in the playoffs, I hope.

Well stated.

Both teams just seemed to be playing on edge and trying not to lose the game. Again, I think that both teams were thinking ahead to a possible re-match. Don't get me wrong, both wanted to win, but this was a very close to the vest game on both sides of the ball.

As you suggest in your post, I too hope these two teams meet again, but they both must play better to make that happen. Yes, I know MBA beat Ensworth, but that game was close just like this one, so you can throw a blanket over those three, and Ryan is supposedly right there as well.

I believe Ryan is at Ensworth next week; is that correct? If so, we'll have a better idea on where Ryan fits into the equation. They may be the best of the bunch...

Both teams stayed healthy tonight which was very good to see.

Hang in there. BA could make it too the finals. I am just excited for MBA

Preaching to the choir, I know, but that would not have made a big difference tonight IMO.

I agree. CJ seems that he has not been healthy much of the time he has been at BA. Has played limited amounts over the last two seasons, unfortunately, and he does not play defense..... I thought Joshua Tate played well in his place. He is a tough runner! Quick to the hole. Sophmore.....he will gain lots of experience this year. Really interesting that last year, the big talk was Tyree Ford and Ryan White in the backfield, as CJ was hurt most of the year. Also Bill Kottas and a couple of others at wide Reciever....Now, out of nowhere, you have Joshua Tate, Joshua Pleasant, Weldon Garlington and Victor Caro.......3 freshmen and 1 soph that pretty much start or get tons of playing time. QB Cody Nelson is a sophmore, and I don't think he played more than a series last year, so this is really his first year to get experience. There are a few freshman QB's on the roster as well. At BA in the skill positions, you can get lost in the shuffle quick......there is always someone stepping up wanting to play. /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Well stated.

Both teams just seemed to be playing on edge and trying not to lose the game. Again, I think that both teams were thinking ahead to a possible re-match. Don't get me wrong, both wanted to win, but this was a very close to the vest game on both sides of the ball.

As you suggest in your post, I too hope these two teams meet again, but they both must play better to make that happen. Yes, I know MBA beat Ensworth, but that game was close just like this one, so you can throw a blanket over those three, and Ryan is supposedly right there as well.

I believe Ryan is at Ensworth next week; is that correct? If so, we'll have a better idea on where Ryan fits into the equation. They may be the best of the bunch...

Both teams stayed healthy tonight which was very good to see.

no excuses but MBA could have blown EHS out of the house if McGugin wanted to deviate from the gameplan which was obviously get a lead, get every second off that clock as possible and hand it over to the states best defense. Also MBA did drop their starting RB, QB, and LT in that game so I dont think you can say all that much.

For the game tonight, I enjoyed it because I like defense but for those who said BA's passing offense has matured throughout the season... HOW??????? BA's offense needs to step it up. I liked the Tate kid though

For the game tonight, I enjoyed it because I like defense but for those who said BA's passing offense has matured throughout the season... HOW??????? BA's offense needs to step it up. I liked the Tate kid though

Taken well......our offense is pretty aniemic.....got to step it up, as we are going into the last part of the season......playoffs......someone on offense...preferably senior..... needs to step up as a leader....get the team fired up..make some big plays...our defense has leaders, but offense has sputtered...doesn't appear anyone has stepped up as a leader and taken charge......Tate did turn the corner well. He plays hard.