7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

WOW, crazy. turnham loses another player. i know he's a great coach and disciplinarian but i wonder what exactly goes on over there. looks like they dodged a bullet last night tho.

I wonder the same thing about Blackman. I have watched this coach when they play Warren County for the last 2 years and all I can say is I am glad my kid does not play for him. I have never seen anything but a negative reaction from him no matter what his players do. Do you think he knows anything about positive reinforcement? His team played hard and yet I never seen anything other than a cold stare for any of his players. Carter played his heart out and you could tell he was exhausted at the end of the game. Took 4 or 5 hard charges but yet I did not see an atta boy. It is hard to get a kid to step in and take a charge but yet he did it over and over. His guards stole the ball and were very aggressive going down the stretch but all I saw were cold stares. Lets hope they get some praise in the locker room because on the court they have more pressure to please the coach than play the game.

Warren County is going to win some district games. This is a more well rounded and better coached team than I have seen in the last few years. Coach made a mistake in the heat of the moment but he was trying to put his guys in a position to win. Great effort !!! I am looking forward to the rest of the season.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder the same thing about Blackman. I have watched this coach when they play Warren County for the last 2 years and all I can say is I am glad my kid does not play for him. I have never seen anything but a negative reaction from him no matter what his players do. Do you think he knows anything about positive reinforcement? His team played hard and yet I never seen anything other than a cold stare for any of his players. Carter played his heart out and you could tell he was exhausted at the end of the game. Took 4 or 5 hard charges but yet I did not see an atta boy. It is hard to get a kid to step in and take a charge but yet he did it over and over. His guards stole the ball and were very aggressive going down the stretch but all I saw were cold stares. Lets hope they get some praise in the locker room because on the court they have more pressure to please the coach than play the game.

Warren County is going to win some district games. This is a more well rounded and better coached team than I have seen in the last few years. Coach made a mistake in the heat of the moment but he was trying to put his guys in a position to win. Great effort !!! I am looking forward to the rest of the season.

Thats a mistake that loses ya a job,and blackmon always gets after us good i like the way they compete kids need discipline and they do get positive feedback but bottom line if kids cant handle pressure you dont need them in late anyways.

I totally agree Pinenut.

Why did cutter play glad he did but why was he able?Cutter was a non factor and i will say it again there are 100 cutters in the state of tennessee.

Oh really, 100 kids in tennessee are signed to play at a D1 college. New one to me. Your an ignorant white county fan. Your ignorance shines with every statement you make bashing a HIGH SCHOOL player who is signed to play D1 basketball. Hope it makes you feel a lot better about yourself belittling a HIGH SCHOOL player. Now that I have graduated and am not forced to dislike oakland more then any other school im going to have to say WHITE COUNTY is BY FAR my least favorite team in this district due to your dumb ignorance. Least your name is fitting. Sparta BOY. Cuz your sure as heck not a man.

I totally agree Pinenut.

my picks for Tues. Games: Lebanon by 5 over Blackman, Siegel by 5 over Cookeville, White County by 21 over Warren County. Oakland by 7 over Riverdale. Good luck to all teams, and escpecially those teams who want that district win much more than the other team. I love teams who refuse to lose , even if they do sometimes.

Oh really, 100 kids in tennessee are signed to play at a D1 college. New one to me. Your an ignorant white county fan. Your ignorance shines with every statement you make bashing a HIGH SCHOOL player who is signed to play D1 basketball. Hope it makes you feel a lot better about yourself belittling a HIGH SCHOOL player. Now that I have graduated and am not forced to dislike oakland more then any other school im going to have to say WHITE COUNTY is BY FAR my least favorite team in this district due to your dumb ignorance. Least your name is fitting. Sparta BOY. Cuz your sure as heck not a man.

I agree. I think people just feel the need to bash people, so that they can build themselves up. Its so difficult to read about young men being bashed on a public forum for their basketball ability or something they have done on the court. leave it alone. I mean i guess you can write what you want but it just makes you look ignorant cause you dont even know most of the kids your talking about.

Shawn Smith got kicked off the blackman basketball team?

All 5 starters that were on not a bad, a TERRIBLE team last year and Wietzel is one of the most uncoordinated big men i have ever watch. MAYBE you will finish 7th but I doubt that.

You are about clueless arent you? It's obvious you are a Siegel fan. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

9 points 7 turnovers the mighty sycamores can have him!!!!!!100 may have been a bit extreme maybe just 75 or so sorry man!!!!!

You are about clueless arent you? It's obvious you are a Siegel fan. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I,m just a basketball fan and any program at any level that is 2-60 over the last five years in district play is really not a program at all. It is sorry for the kids but any time you take your 6th timeout in a close game and lose your basically a middle school program.

I,m just a basketball fan and any program at any level that is 2-60 over the last five years in district play is really not a program at all. It is sorry for the kids but any time you take your 6th timeout in a close game and lose your basically a middle school program.

Your right! Expect from what I hear the middle school does have a good program, I just can't understand what happens to these kids from the middle school when they get to high school go from winning to losing??