7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

Speaking of young talent, I saw our freshman boys play for the first time against White County this past Thursday. All I can say is WOW! There's a bucketload of athleticism on that squad.

Yeah I need to get around to seeing the young men play, I told Coach Neal I would try to catch a game or 2, for a volunteer, he does an extraordinary job and is a huge benefit to Oakland not only in that doesnt have to use one of their own coaches to coach the freshmen up, but also that he has a son that played for Oakland, so he knows what the deal is.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If King keeps trying to play wesley and Nick as much as he has been someone is gonna beat oakland. Nick can play some D but really struggles on the O side of things...Wesley just isnt ready at all.

Were 6-0 and your complaining about substitution patterns? Come on TJ! You know as well as I that if you show a commitment to playing good defense, you are going to get a chance at playing time for Oakland. Nick isnt that big of a threat offensively, but he can run it effectively nonetheless as evidence by the preseason and in the games Dre has been out. Wes spent a large part of the season on the bench, so Im sure he just needs a little playing time, just like his brother needed playing time his junior year to start developing up to his potential.

Oakland's freshmen played at Riverdale last night and were beaten 82-56. Riverdale was up 57-28 at the half.

Well I guess Burks wasnt kidding when he said this is probably his best freshmen class he has ever had. Tough loss, but the guess have looked pretty good so far, so maybe we can play Riverdale a little bit better next time around

All I know is Siegel plays Oakland the 14th and White County friday night. Tough start for the stars but i feel they CAN beat both these teams. PLAY D!!!

Ain't gonna happen, without Cutter Siegal will lose both games. I know Ramsey signed with Missouri, but where is Jimmy Oden ? I thought he was the best player Siegal had when he was here. I can't understand how MTSU let him get away.

Ain't gonna happen, without Cutter Siegal will lose both games. I know Ramsey signed with Missouri, but where is Jimmy Oden ? I thought he was the best player Siegal had when he was here. I can't understand how MTSU let him get away.

Well being that Cutter is only suspended for one game, I guess they wont have to worry about that. If im not mistaken, Oden signed scholarship papers in the spring to play ball at Lipscomb.

Well being that Cutter is only suspended for one game, I guess they wont have to worry about that. If im not mistaken, Oden signed scholarship papers in the spring to play ball at Lipscomb.

Thanks OP !! Here are my predictions for Fri. night: Warren by 5 over Blackman, Riverdale by 15 over Cookeville, Oakland by 3 over Lebanon, White County by 7 over Siegal. Read em and weep !!!

Thanks OP !! Here are my predictions for Fri. night: Warren by 5 over Blackman, Riverdale by 15 over Cookeville, Oakland by 3 over Lebanon, White County by 7 over Siegal. Read em and weep !!!

I'm takin

Blackman Over Warren Co.

Riverdale over C-ville

Siegel over White Co.

Oakland over Lebanon

but i think the Siegel/White Co. game and the Oakland/Lebanon game could go either way.

Go Blaze!