7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

First off Huge Huge congratulations to my Blackman Blaze and Alex Carter for his new single game point record- 42 points!

As for the officiating, everyone is going to say something different. I thought that the majority of the fouls against WC were charges. The guards were using the forearm and some of them were obvious charges while others were touchy fouls.

THERE IS ONE THING THAT I FOUND COMPLETELY UNACCEPTABLE IN THIS GAME! No offense to any White County fan, but at the end of the game with less than a minute to go BHS led by about 15 and WC was fouling. This was when the game turned ugly. The WC coach got a technical and the WC fans cheered with obvious sarcasm. Now if you are not happy with the officiating that is one thing, but when a player is clothes-lined once and the shoved into the bleachers, a fan SHOULD NEVER I REPEAT NEVER CHEER!!!!!!! Alex Carter could have been seriously injured by these flagrant fouls and there is absolutely no reason for any fan to cheer about a very violent foul!

And in a little bit of humor, I appreciate the WC fans chanting we're #1 to the BHS student section. Congratulations, but tonight we came out on top 80-60, and I hope we meet again in District so we can have the opportunity to return the chant!

Go Blaze good luck in district!

White Co. fans chanted we're #1 because right now we are #1. You really hope you meet White County again? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Be careful what you wish for.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

White Co. fans chanted we're #1 because right now we are #1. You really hope you meet White County again? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Be careful what you wish for.

I know that WC is #1 for the regular season but tonight we beat you, and yes I really do hope we meet WC again because for one thing it would mean that we were guaranteed to go to region tourney and tonight's game was a very good game up until the last 2 minutes where things got ugly. But that is over now and I would hope the next game would be a little more calm.

By the way I believe our response to the We're #1 cheer, it went like this "scoreboard, scoreboard..." /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Any ways WC has a very good team and congratulations on the great season. 24-5?

I know that WC is #1 for the regular season but tonight we beat you, and yes I really do hope we meet WC again because for one thing it would mean that we were guaranteed to go to region tourney and tonight's game was a very good game up until the last 2 minutes where things got ugly. But that is over now and I would hope the next game would be a little more calm.

By the way I believe our response to the We're #1 cheer, it went like this "scoreboard, scoreboard..." /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Any ways WC has a very good team and congratulations on the great season. 24-5?

I'm sure it's hard to get "geared up" for a game like tonight with nothing on the line. WC had 1st place wrapped up win or lose. I hope you guys get past Cookeville so we can play again with something on the line. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I'm sure it's hard to get "geared up" for a game like tonight with nothing on the line. WC had 1st place wrapped up win or lose. I hope you guys get past Cookeville so we can play again with something on the line. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Ok so here's the deal with the game.Were the refs bad? Yes they were bad, but they weren't horrible. Blackman received just as many bad calls as White County & it seemed like everytime a foul was called on White County, there were some fans standing up disagreeing. I'm surprised there weren't some White County fans thinking it was a charge when:

-Alex was clotheslined.

-Alex was slapped in the face.

-Shaun Smith was poked in the eye.

Also! How can the fans of White County honestly believe it wasn't a charge when Brown was continuously using his off-arm to shove Shaun Smith after his spin move? They were obvious charges but your classless fans apparently didn't think so. I used to think Siegel fans were bad but after tonight, I don't even think it's close. Your fans should be absolutely embarrassed and ashamed about representing not only yourselfs poorly, but the whole town of Sparta as well.

Alex played a heck of a game tonight. It was pretty obvious that he was sick and his body took a hammering tonight. Delaney put a cheap shot on him when he swung his elbow and nailed Carter in the face. I don't even know what to say about Tyler Greene's cheap shot. In my opinion, I think he should be suspended. Alex was practically tackled into the stands and he could've been seriously hurt. For those of you who don't know, Blackman was up by around 15 with about 45 seconds left when Alex was driving up court & Tyler Greene came over and clearly, intentionally shoved him out of bounds. I'll leave it at that & for those who don't think Carter deserves to be on the 7AAA all-district team; I'd like to see someone else put up 42 points with an obvious illness and a banged up body.

Ok so here's the deal with the game.Were the refs bad? Yes they were bad, but they weren't horrible. Blackman received just as many bad calls as White County & it seemed like everytime a foul was called on White County, there were some fans standing up disagreeing. I'm surprised there weren't some White County fans thinking it was a charge when:-Alex was clotheslined.-Alex was slapped in the face.-Shaun Smith was poked in the eye.Also! How can the fans of White County honestly believe it wasn't a charge when Brown was continuously using his off-arm to shove Shaun Smith after his spin move? They were obvious charges but your classless fans apparently didn't think so. I used to think Siegel fans were bad but after tonight, I don't even think it's close. Your fans should be absolutely embarrassed and ashamed about what happened tonight. Alex played a heck of a game tonight. It was pretty obvious that he was sick and his body took a hammering tonight. Delaney put a cheap shot on him when he swung his elbow and nailed Carter in the face. I don't even know what to say about Tyler Greene's cheap shot. In my opinion, I think he should be suspended. Alex was practically tackled into the stands and he could've been seriously hurt. For those of you who don't know, Blackman was up by around 15 with about 45 seconds left when Alex was driving up court & Tyler Greene came over and clearly, intentionally shoved him out of bounds. I'll leave it at that & for those who don't think Carter deserves to be on the 7AAA all-district team; I'd like to see someone else put up 42 points with an obvious illness and a banged up body.

Great win tonight Blackman, I think though you might have woke an angry giant!!! Sorry Warren Co., here is my question that you threw at Siegel after our second game.......if you say you were up 15 with 45 seconds to go in the game...why in the world was Carter still in the game?? You critized Siegel for leaving Cutter in too long...so I ask why did he have the starters in??? Hummmmmmm, makes you wonder doesn't it. Not saying anything about White Co.'s players being dirty but that was your coaches fault for having them still in......and trust me whoever said it.......you do not want to play White Co. again, TRUST ME on that one.....Go Siegel!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Great win tonight Blackman, I think though you might have woke an angry giant!!! Sorry Warren Co., here is my question that you threw at Siegel after our second game.......if you say you were up 15 with 45 seconds to go in the game...why in the world was Carter still in the game?? You critized Siegel for leaving Cutter in too long...so I ask why did he have the starters in??? Hummmmmmm, makes you wonder doesn't it. Not saying anything about White Co.'s players being dirty but that was your coaches fault for having them still in......and trust me whoever said it.......you do not want to play White Co. again, TRUST ME on that one.....Go Siegel!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I criticized Siegel for leaving Cutter in too long when? You have your posters mixed up.

Why wouldnt Carter be in if White Co is trying to foul or force Blackman into turnovers. Even with 45 seconds, left, a few turnovers and converted baskets and the game all of a sudden gets interesting, especially against a team that shoots the ball as well as Sparta does.

I am no supporter of Kyle Turnham, but there is no way he is in the wrong for leaving his guys in there. Why wouldnt they want to play White Co again, the district championship goes thru them, so by saying you dont want to just means your content with getting as far as you can before falling prey to White Co. If they can beat WC once, who is to say they cant do it again?

CONGRATS BLACKMAN!!! I'm very proud of ya'll ending your season on that high note. I do not have one player not on siegel that i like more then Alex Carter. He is a great player and 1st team all district. White County has always been a dirty team when down big. ALWAYS. I remember J.J. Taylor taking out one of our players when we were up by 32 in the district tournament 2 years ago. They are not a nice team when there down. I agree that they have the worst fans in the district. Yes worse then Siegels. Riverdale isnt a bad team. Siegel just has a lot of chemistry right now. Scary thing for all of the fans out there. Cutter was out with foul trouble a LOT tonight and they still handled the game well. Shot free throws well. PICO NANCE stepping up huge. Good time to do so heading into the tournament. Im proud of Blackman more then I am my stars tonight. There a classy team and a better group of kids couldnt knock off WC.

Really scared for districts this year. Were a good team but Lebanon is coached so well. I feel any game is up for grabs this year in district. Yes ANY game. Hope the return of Kerry Hammonds will push my stars past Lebanon. Good luck to all teams... Except White County.

WC should have been ahead of Blackman from the beginning. They let them stay in the game and then the refs took over from there. When you have a # 1 team called for 32 fouls and a T on a coach who never gets one you can bet something is up unless the other team has a lot of fouls called too. Blackman had 12 fouls called on them all night. A charge on one end was a foul and the other end it was a block. In short Blackman played with 8 players last night because they were home. It is not a win to be proud of. Sometimes some players on a team get carried away and foul out but when you foul out Delaney, Mitchell, Puckett,Greene,Brown and Johnson all there is something wrong that anyone should be able to see. This is not just because WC lost, you didn't hear complaining about the Lebanon nor the Oakland game being called bad but this one should make history. It a shame that it has to spoil the fact that Carter had 42 points for he is a good player without any help from the refs.

CONGRATS BLACKMAN!!! I'm very proud of ya'll ending your season on that high note. I do not have one player not on siegel that i like more then Alex Carter. He is a great player and 1st team all district. White County has always been a dirty team when down big. ALWAYS. I remember J.J. Taylor taking out one of our players when we were up by 32 in the district tournament 2 years ago. They are not a nice team when there down. I agree that they have the worst fans in the district. Yes worse then Siegels. Riverdale isnt a bad team. Siegel just has a lot of chemistry right now. Scary thing for all of the fans out there. Cutter was out with foul trouble a LOT tonight and they still handled the game well. Shot free throws well. PICO NANCE stepping up huge. Good time to do so heading into the tournament. Im proud of Blackman more then I am my stars tonight. There a classy team and a better group of kids couldnt knock off WC.

Worse fans? if having more than the opposing teams fans at there place is bad yes we are get a fan base murfressboro your crowds are not good at all.Blackmon good game you beat us we wont call melton at 6 in the morning lie to him about how many fouled out and then hope he doesnt watch the game film like coach burke did for riverdale girls.Good luck in the tournament carter is a stud.