7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

I am a little confused. Drove up to watch the last night of the tournament, thought I would be there to support Weitzel for getting All District and catch the championship game. They didn't announce the team at the tournament. Why would you not recognize these kids in front of their peers especially the players who didn't make it to the tournament.

Congratulations White County on a great win. You guys are amazing with the 3 pointers. Fun to watch.

Really not fair to the kids but I wonder when they stopped doing that. Mine was recognized at the tournament a few years back so I was surprised. What I don't understand is why the coaches don't let their kids stay for the awards ceremony. Oakland left with a few minutes left in the championship game and even though they weren't getting a trophy they had players who were getting all tournament. I think a coach needs to think of his players, even though they may not value these awards the kids and their parents do. Props to Turnham for letting Blackman stay.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations White County it was an awesome game! You have a really talented team and I hope you make it to state. If so we will be there to support you. As for the Blaze, they didn't have it last night. The ball would not drop and I can't say Oakland was shooting very well either but they did enough to win. Paul had a great game rebounding just couldn't get the shots going, the guards had a horrible night passing. Missed Alex and Paul numerous times on back door cuts. Alex just didn't have enough juice left for this game. There is no way a player can run around the court like he was having to do to get open and have anything left for the end. Coach needs to design some different plays.

Good luck in the Region tournament to all 7AAA.

As for the All District Team I was surprised by that too. Why bother having one if you are not going to recognize them. If it wasn't for CoachT I wouldn't even know who was on it.

Congrats to White County! They were the better team last night.

I just have a view observations from last night and the tournament. So let me type before you jump down my throat. First, I saw about 4 different sets of refs and thought they they were all bad. I won't say another thing about that. I got to the ballgame early to watch the Blackman/Oakland game. Thought I would support the BORO. I was more for Blackman because they were the underdogs but I have certain favorite players from both teams. It was a sloppy game. I thought at one point Carter was going to get killed. Seems the game got out of hand a few times. Just like the White County/Siegel game. So the Siegel game starts and there are tons of people from White county. Someone must of rolled up the streets in Sparta last night. I'll make no excuse for Siegel's loss because I won't bash players or refs but I will say something about fans. I was very disappointed last night when I looked up in the stand and nearly the whole Blackman team was sitting with White County's student section cheering against Siegel. I did not see Oakland doing that so I give props to Oakland. If they did they were not as obvious as Blackman was in their blue sweatsuits with the orange stripe. I did take pics to prove their support of White County. I thought I was being a good citizen of the Boro by supporting other teams from the Boro. Am I the only one that feels like it is a compliment to our great city to want any of the teams to be successful and represent us? I didn't want the district crown to go to White County. I wanted it to go back to the Boro. Good luck to all the Boro teams left in the region. I have seen some wonderful basketball this year and I hate to see it end.

I just have a view observations from last night and the tournament. So let me type before you jump down my throat. First, I saw about 4 different sets of refs and thought they they were all bad. I won't say another thing about that. I got to the ballgame early to watch the Blackman/Oakland game. Thought I would support the BORO. I was more for Blackman because they were the underdogs but I have certain favorite players from both teams. It was a sloppy game. I thought at one point Carter was going to get killed. Seems the game got out of hand a few times. Just like the White County/Siegel game. So the Siegel game starts and there are tons of people from White county. Someone must of rolled up the streets in Sparta last night. I'll make no excuse for Siegel's loss because I won't bash players or refs but I will say something about fans. I was very disappointed last night when I looked up in the stand and nearly the whole Blackman team was sitting with White County's student section cheering against Siegel. I did not see Oakland doing that so I give props to Oakland. If they did they were not as obvious as Blackman was in their blue sweatsuits with the orange stripe. I did take pics to prove their support of White County. I thought I was being a good citizen of the Boro by supporting other teams from the Boro. Am I the only one that feels like it is a compliment to our great city to want any of the teams to be successful and represent us? I didn't want the district crown to go to White County. I wanted it to go back to the Boro. Good luck to all the Boro teams left in the region. I have seen some wonderful basketball this year and I hate to see it end.

I think everyone has a right to cheer for whoever they like. I like you, wanted to see the Boro get the win but I think WC will represent us well. I don't know what happened with Blackman last night. They did not come into the gym until after half time of the championship game. By that time there was nowhere to set because Siegel had invaded where Blackman was sitting. I was sitting across the gym but my guess is they were having fun with the WC cheering section who was right beside them.

It was a rough game. Both teams believe in defense and it always shows in the score. The game was just not going well for either team but I thought both teams worked hard. Sometimes you just don't get the breaks. It was a struggle but in the end Oakland pulled it out. In all my years of watching basketball I don't think I have seen another kid take as many charges as Alex. He is fearless. You would think for someone his size he would be stepping out of the way.

Wow.....5 in double digits? Sounds like they were all spreading the love.

What a game this was! 5 in double figures! And Also Trenton Davis played very well stepping in. Lets not look past Saturday night just yet.. Tullahoma can shock some people. I don't like looking ahead thats where we could get in big trouble. So lets just take one game at a time, thats the best way to do it. Great fan support Sparta, lets keep bringing everybody to every game. Congrats to Siegel , You guys played a great game and had a great tournament. Im sure you guys will still be in the running in region.

Big games on Saturday! High School and College.

Go UT over Memphis /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I think everyone has a right to cheer for whoever they like. I like you, wanted to see the Boro get the win but I think WC will represent us well. I don't know what happened with Blackman last night. They did not come into the gym until after half time of the championship game. By that time there was nowhere to set because Siegel had invaded where Blackman was sitting. I was sitting across the gym but my guess is they were having fun with the WC cheering section who was right beside them.

Your right everyone has a right to cheer for who they want. I just thought there may be some loyalty there. Thought wrong tho! There was room to sit on the opposite side up high. The Nation always trys to sit behind their bench, just like most cheering sections. There was no place for the Nation down low on the opposite side because no one from the Boro left. Thats the way it should have been. I was glad for a crowded gym. Having enough fun to cheer for White County? Whatever. Just a little disappointed in what I saw! Maybe our teams from the Boro will support each other in region play, thats until they have to play each other again. HA! Good luck to all.

Was wondering if the storm knocked out all the computers from the Oakland posters....where are ya now??? Go Siegel!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

What's wrong with your computer now? /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

Sparta must have closed down last night to go. It was a good game. I saw someone say something about sparta missing free throws late. Well if Siegel could have hit ANY shot in the 3rd we could have won. Just went cold that one period. Couldnt finish around the rim. Delaney getting all pissey after a normal foul was ridiculous. I heard parents calling cutter a whiner, but he is our team captain and may address the refs about calls. Its not whining. White county was the better team tonight, but I wouldnt look past a rematch in regions. The downfall of Sparta will be lacking speed to compete with teams. If they play a fast team that presses there going to be in trouble.

Sparta must have closed down last night to go. It was a good game. I saw someone say something about sparta missing free throws late. Well if Siegel could have hit ANY shot in the 3rd we could have won. Just went cold that one period. Couldnt finish around the rim. Delaney getting all pissey after a normal foul was ridiculous. I heard parents calling cutter a whiner, but he is our team captain and may address the refs about calls. Its not whining. White county was the better team tonight, but I wouldnt look past a rematch in regions. The downfall of Sparta will be lacking speed to compete with teams. If they play a fast team that presses there going to be in trouble.

It didn't get WC in trouble when we played Dyer County. Dyer is like 25-1 now and #1 in the state in AA. Their one loss coming to WC. Dyer was the fastest team I've seen in years. Dyer might have won if they DID NOT press us. They pressed the whole game and we made them pay. I TRULY hope we meet Siegel again in the regions. I'd rather take my chance with Siegel rather than Shelbyville on their home court. First things first. We have Tullahoma here on Saturday. Go Warriors!!! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I think its possible that White County could be just plain better than Siegel, not just last night.There is a difference in addressing the ref and whining. I will let you believe whatever you want.How many rematches do you want? Well anyways, Ive been saying all along that Siegel is a strong team and could possible when the district so Im not dogging the team.I just think WC is plain better. And great call 85, We did beat Dyer County and I believe they would beat everybody else in our district and possible us if we played them again, but that does prove that we can play with a team that is fast. Dyer was by far the fastest team that we played in Tennessee..

I think its possible that White County could be just plain better than Siegel, not just last night.There is a difference in addressing the ref and whining. I will let you believe whatever you want.How many rematches do you want? Well anyways, Ive been saying all along that Siegel is a strong team and could possible when the district so Im not dogging the team.I just think WC is plain better. And great call 85, We did beat Dyer County and I believe they would beat everybody else in our district and possible us if we played them again, but that does prove that we can play with a team that is fast. Dyer was by far the fastest team that we played in Tennessee..

5 wins in a row over Siegel. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I think we are the better team. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

5 wins in a row over Siegel. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> I think we are the better team. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I second that. Shelbyville and Sparta in the regional finals. Mark it down!!