7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

As much as it pains me, I can't go with my heart. I will have to pick Oakland over the Blaze. Hopefully, the Blaze will prove me wrong. I will take Siegel over WC in the championship.

And hopefully White County will prove you wrong. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hear anybody on this forum talking smack about Tate's mom who was talking bad about a 17 year old. Thats pretty low to be bashing a team mate of your son's. I don't blame Cutter's mom. As parents, you should be able to control what you say about teenagers in front of their parents especially if their on your team. Hello people!! These are 15, 16, 17 year old kids who still have a lot of growing up to do. They learn from their parents. Mistakes happen. May the best team win no matter what happens in the stands.

I've said time and time again Cutter is a great player. Cutter is an awesome player. Its just his actions aside from playing the game that attracts attention toward him in a bad way. Is it the wrong perception? He plays the game with a kinda in your face style and thats gonna fire people up. As far as Levon's mom goes. I witnessed that altercation and the police officers were having to pull the Cutter lady back. She kept trying to pull away from them like she wanted to attack Levon's mom. All she said was pass the ball you ballhog. She just stated the obvious.

My thoughts exactly. I think Blackman takes the consolation game and Siegel takes the championship. Siegel is loaded with talent and I have a feeling they can make a long run if they play like they did against Oakland.

You are wrong and wronger!! Oakland stomps Blackman and White County pulls out about an 8-10 point victory over Cutter and Siegel.

My thoughts exactly. I think Blackman takes the consolation game and Siegel takes the championship. Siegel is loaded with talent and I have a feeling they can make a long run if they play like they did against Oakland.

How dare you pick against the "swami" !!!! The "swami" has already told you how these games will go !!! As for Cutter, I think ther is alot of jealousy out there about a player who in my opinion ,iIS the best overall player in our district. And for you Siegel fans who think Hammonds is a god, You will find out next year, that not having cutter to pull the defense away from him, He will have a much harder time getting open. Don't get me wrong, I love watching Hammonds play. but he will be everyone's focus next year and you guys will see how valuable Cutter was to the Siegel Basketball team.

People know how valuable he is. Nobody has stated that he is a god. However I do think him and Gooch are the 2 most talented players since Keith Ramsey to play in this district. And Hammonds will have other threats on this team.

The thing with Cutter is people think that playing with emotion as a bad thing. People hate Tebow for it. People hated J.J. Reddick for it. J.J. Taylor at White County did it and alot of people didn't like him either.

Myself, on the other hand, do not think it is a bad thing as long as you channel it the right way. Most of the time, Cutter does. I played a sport where you HAD to have emotion to perform at the highest level. Where coaches encouraged you to yell and get fired up after plays because it gets your adrenaline and focus going, AS LONG as you know where to cut it off. Thats why I don't see the near the problem as some do on here. I had some great coaches growing up and none that you could discredit their coaching, and playing with emotionwas something demanded of you instead of something considered bad, because it brings out your best abilities when used the right way. My coaches were quick to get on me if I let my emotions interfere with my game but you get to the point where you know how to channel it.

I believe Cutter channels that energy alot better than people think on here. But thats coming from someone who was taught the same way, to show that emotion as it helps YOUR energy and competitiveness. Some people may not realize it, but alot of the times when athletes show emotion, its more so about themselves than it is anyone else in the building.

Now I'm sure most who hate Cutter's emotions will ignore this post simply because its more sensible than most on here when discussing this topic but alot of what I just said are facts that I have learned through personal experience. If you want to hate the kid for that, so be it. I can't hate the kid because I know for as much as he shows his emotions on the court, he has worked twice as hard off the court to become the player he is. And I don't think anyone on here has the right to hate a kid due to any part of his basketball abilities when he has put in as much time as he has.

People know how valuable he is. Nobody has stated that he is a god. However I do think him and Gooch are the 2 most talented players since Keith Ramsey to play in this district. And Hammonds will have other threats on this team.

The thing with Cutter is people think that playing with emotion as a bad thing. People hate Tebow for it. People hated J.J. Reddick for it. J.J. Taylor at White County did it and alot of people didn't like him either.

Myself, on the other hand, do not think it is a bad thing as long as you channel it the right way. Most of the time, Cutter does. I played a sport where you HAD to have emotion to perform at the highest level. Where coaches encouraged you to yell and get fired up after plays because it gets your adrenaline and focus going, AS LONG as you know where to cut it off. Thats why I don't see the near the problem as some do on here. I had some great coaches growing up and none that you could discredit their coaching, and playing with emotionwas something demanded of you instead of something considered bad, because it brings out your best abilities when used the right way. My coaches were quick to get on me if I let my emotions interfere with my game but you get to the point where you know how to channel it.

I believe Cutter channels that energy alot better than people think on here. But thats coming from someone who was taught the same way, to show that emotion as it helps YOUR energy and competitiveness. Some people may not realize it, but alot of the times when athletes show emotion, its more so about themselves than it is anyone else in the building.

Now I'm sure most who hate Cutter's emotions will ignore this post simply because its more sensible than most on here when discussing this topic but alot of what I just said are facts that I have learned through personal experience. If you want to hate the kid for that, so be it. I can't hate the kid because I know for as much as he shows his emotions on the court, he has worked twice as hard off the court to become the player he is. And I don't think anyone on here has the right to hate a kid due to any part of his basketball abilities when he has put in as much time as he has.

Are you saying that you think Gooch is better than White County's Delaney or Blackman's Carter? Surely not. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

In terms of potential..yes. Both top 10 players in the 2010 class according to recruiting rankings. They are also sophomores. Take into account where Jimmy, Keith, and Darius were their sophomore seasons...14-16 record and they compare very favorably in terms of potential and athletic ability.

Coaches in Murfreesboro have been talking about Hammonds since he started middle school.