7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He asked a question and I supplied an answer. I am sick of your double standards. If this were an Oakland or Blackman parent, you would be all over this and we both know it. Quit with the self-righteous crap. It isn't becoming. We all know....You never thought about anyone's parents or their siblings or that you were badmouthing a KID when you started your cruel cheers like" jailbird" and worse .... as the NATION leader? Guess what......plenty of yall were already 18 then and ADULTS in your eyes downing KIDS. SO....get over it , Use the IGNORE button, or stay off the T. B/c you are going to read more the farther you get in the tourney from other schools.

To be honest, I might have difficulty just sittingin the stands and hearing my son demeaned by a teammates's parent. Yes, I might get verbal with them, but hopefully would restrain myself from getting physical. I know my wife would be more upset than I would be as women tend to be more emotional. But you never know, maybe I would go off too. BUT..... If you have a child that shows so much emotion on the court, you should expect a reaction from the crowd to try to get in their heads. My son never acted like that on the field, so I had no worries. We did have one that acted a fool on the 98 team and the fans tore him up in the stands. His Family simply laughed about it and knew their son was getting the reaction that he wanted. Had the T been around at that time, I wouldn't have been able to defend the guy b/c I disagreed with the way that he acted on the field..It hurt us in 99 in the playoffs when a ref got fed up and countered him with a suspension. They would have torn him to shreds on here....literally torn him to shreds.

A couple of things.

1st- No I wouldn't. I have seen plenty of parents get into it over sports. Its unfortunate, but it is what it is. I have seen it with Blackman and Siegel parents in another sport. It just wasn't published on here. Very notable figures for both schools I might add

2nd- You're absolutely right. I did say alot of things. Everyone did. But theres a reason I could go and talk to Ryan Denney after ragging him for 40 minutes. I knew where it stopped, and I assumed that the other side does as well. Apparently some Oakland people didn't since they felt the need to spray paint my name on sidewalks and other things but so be it. Fun to look back on and laugh. Kid from back when Blackman was good, Isaih told us he loved it when he would chant "Isaih's garbage" etc. He understood the sportsmanship of it and had fun with it as well. Student support is part of what makes high school sports great, in my opinion.

3rd- I was never 18. My birthday is the end of March. Check my posts history if you want but I have never trashed a kid after my high school days are over. It's my belief that rivalries are between students. You let them do the trash talking, making fun of, etc. An adult should be able to go to a game, enjoy the game, root for whoever, and appreciate the rivalry. Adults trash talking, Cutter's mom, Tate's mom, Other adults etc, is a little bit too little league baseball cliche for me and I try to make sure I don't fall into that category of "classy" individuals either on here or in person.

So you are telling me that no one in the NATION was 18? I said"plenty of yall were 18." I didn't necessarily say that you were. I am saying that you had students who were old enough to vote in the NATION and they were berating KIDS. They came on here and trashed them too. The NATION had adults supervising what you did. I never saw so many camcorders recording students in my life as what I saw at the state tourney. No one was recording the game.....just yall. ( And you had it going on for sure.....rockin the Glass House. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> ) BUT....that means that ADULTS had no problem with what you were doing or saying about folk....calling them names, commenting on their hair, their appearance, whatever you could say to try to work them over and affect their game. So......if those parents and administrators from Siegel seemed to approve of and encourage the taunting.....then you shouldn't use the double standard on anyone else on here or at the games. PERIOD. Don't blame it on being a kid.

I was always taught that if you PUT yourself out there, expect to DEAL with what comes.

Speaking of spray painting.....I know who was the LOOK-OUT when Oakland's softball concession stand was spray-painted. I know it from 2 of the painter's mouths. And that happened BEFORE anyone painted anything about you at Siegel. So don't act all appalled.

Just wondering, did you go up to AD after calling him jailbird and chat all nicely like you did Denney? Didn't think so......Denney was different. He LOVED the attention from yall.....but his little sister sure didn't understand it did she?

Speaking of spray painting.....I know who was the LOOK-OUT when Oakland's softball concession stand was spray-painted. I know it from 2 of the painter's mouths. And that happened BEFORE anyone painted anything about you at Siegel. So don't act all appalled.

One problem...I was in bed and had the ACT the next morning. Went to Chili's right after the game with some friends and then dropped some friends off at Siegel then went home. Nice effort though.

White County leads 67-50 after 3rd quarter.

One problem...I was in bed and had the ACT the next morning. Went to Chili's right after the game with some friends and then dropped some friends off at Siegel then went home. Nice effort though.

White County leads 67-50 after 3rd quarter.

Not what 2 of your buddies said...... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Why would they lie on you like that?

Not what 2 of your buddies said...... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Why would they lie on you like that?

2P let it go ...personally i liked and was very jelous of the siegel nation i wish we could do that for as long as they did and continue it throughtout however the kids do come but they sit all over the gym and they do not coome out quite like that...you have to admit all the other schools would respond to the nation and try and defend their home court i loved every bit of it and wish it was still like that that is whenit is fun when both sides are talking trash and making fun of each other and you have to addmit that when the game was over it was over and that is fun sometimes its the adults that ruin all the fun and make issues where there are none

I am just trying to say that Hoolie doesn't need to all the sudden take the high road when he was once joyously giving it to others verbally and in print. I enjoyed the Nation as much as anyone else did. It stepped up all the student sections games and any support that you can give the players on your team is definitely a good thing.

The only censor on here is CoachT himself. When he tells me to tone it down or shut-up, I immediately will. But I won't take orders from Hoolie and neither should anyone else.