7-AAA 2007-2008

MidTennFootball

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Siegel and Dyer would be a good game...oh wait they have played this summer. I know it was a camp game and you can not look to much into, but Siegel beat Dyer by 15 this summer...just FYI.

I had a feeling Siegel could beat Dyer with all those big men. Dyer blew Cookeville out by about 30.In Cookeville. And now Cookeville beats Siegel ? I don't quite see how Siegel let that happen. Congrats Cavs I guess we better watch out for the Cavs.

Looks like the word is out on the Siegel program. NO ONE respects the kind of things they are about ...funny...I thought I was the only one.

Low class, as far as the basketball program is concerned.

They're passionate about their Basketball. When you go to a Siegel game you get your money's worth. A ballgame on the court and two females duking it out in the stands.LOL.

I had a feeling Siegel could beat Dyer with all those big men. Dyer blew Cookeville out by about 30.In Cookeville. And now Cookeville beats Siegel ? I don't quite see how Siegel let that happen. Congrats Cavs I guess we better watch out for the Cavs.

A big rule when sizing up a opponent is to neve compare games that didnt involve the 2 teams. Siegel has NEVER matched up well with Cookeville, take a look over the scores most of the years and you will that Cookeville has played Siegel pretty close most of the time. I think it stems from the fact that Siegel likes to get out in transition and score points, where as Cookeville likes to do the same, only rely on the 3 pointer a little bit more, so you do the math when you trade 2's for 3's, it usually doesnt add up. White Co. should win, but as always, you throw out all the records in rivalry games, which could pretty sum up this district as a whole.

Looks like the word is out on the Siegel program. NO ONE respects the kind of things they are about ...funny...I thought I was the only one.

Actually, I think they got good kids for the most part and I think Harris has learned some of his lessons that he failed horribly at in his first few years. I think there is more bitterness at the school moreso than the program, which is fair because they have brought it on themselves. But I will say that Siegel is responsible in the renewed interest in basketball in this county, at least when it comes to the students. Nobody wanted to be look bad by the new school, so passionate student sections have/had become the norm now and I think you gotta thank Siegel partially for that.

You hit the nail right on the head!!!

The swami has arrived !!!! Yes, its true the swami had a shaky Tues. night, but the heavens and stars were in disarray and Jupiter is now aligned with Mars !! The swami sees Fri. night games going like this : White County will go into red-hot Cookeville and Puckett and gang will bully and share the basketball for a 9 point road win. Lebanon will come into Warren County and press and run my local boys out of the gym by 15. Riverdale will go into Blackman and win by 1 in a game where no team will have more than a 6 point lead. And finally, Oakland gets revenge on Siegel in another close game. Oakland by 4. The swami has spoken !!!!!

Calling a bunch of 14-17 year old kids low class and basically thugs is well, not the classiest thing either, but say what you want.

Siegel threw the balance of power in 7-AAA off from the start. The bitterness with other boro schools combined with success in the beginning made for some bitter rivalries. I was talking to a friend of mine who went to Oakland the other day and we were talking just about how we hated each other, not for any particular reason. Just that I was associated with Siegel and he was Oakland. About how we wished bodily harm on the other players, etc. It was nasty from the beginning with people driving by the other schools after school just to yell at people, vandalizing at both campus' etc.

Someone mentioned other schools were jealous of what Siegel had. I don't think it was that at all. More of this new school came in, did things differently and they were successful and alot of people didn't like the change from the traditional powers to adding a new program that turned into the face of basketball in 7-AAA for a few years. The fans were passionate and showed up in mass and really rejuvenated 7-AAA basketball as OaklandPats said. It's like the new kid on the block didn't earn his stripes so to speak and the old powers resented Siegel for that. That led to this perceived attitude of Siegel from other schools regardless or how accurate it was.

People can call Siegel classless, hoodlums, or whatever. But those who know the school, the players, the coaches know that is not the case at all. It's a school that loves their basketball and they know the tradition Siegel has been building in basketball, and it means something to carry that on. Teachers will chew students out if they don't show up well for a big game, the administrators will, etc. It's just a school that has a great deal of pride in their basketball program and it's not something that schools in 7-AAA have been used to for the couple years before Siegel opened. (And yes I know it was their in the mid 90's for Oakland/Sparta). But those reasons right there have just as much to do with perceived attitudes of the Siegel program as anything in my opinion.

Wow, nothings reminded of Fball so much in my life. Your a low life for getting on here and talking about a HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL team like that. Hope it makes yourself feel better on the inside calling a HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL team low class. Get a life.

Calling a bunch of 14-17 year old kids low class and basically thugs is well, not the classiest thing either, but say what you want.

Siegel threw the balance of power in 7-AAA off from the start. The bitterness with other boro schools combined with success in the beginning made for some bitter rivalries. I was talking to a friend of mine who went to Oakland the other day and we were talking just about how we hated each other, not for any particular reason. Just that I was associated with Siegel and he was Oakland. About how we wished bodily harm on the other players, etc. It was nasty from the beginning with people driving by the other schools after school just to yell at people, vandalizing at both campus' etc.

Someone mentioned other schools were jealous of what Siegel had. I don't think it was that at all. More of this new school came in, did things differently and they were successful and alot of people didn't like the change from the traditional powers to adding a new program that turned into the face of basketball in 7-AAA for a few years. The fans were passionate and showed up in mass and really rejuvenated 7-AAA basketball as OaklandPats said. It's like the new kid on the block didn't earn his stripes so to speak and the old powers resented Siegel for that. That led to this perceived attitude of Siegel from other schools regardless or how accurate it was.

People can call Siegel classless, hoodlums, or whatever. But those who know the school, the players, the coaches know that is not the case at all. It's a school that loves their basketball and they know the tradition Siegel has been building in basketball, and it means something to carry that on. Teachers will chew students out if they don't show up well for a big game, the administrators will, etc. It's just a school that has a great deal of pride in their basketball program and it's not something that schools in 7-AAA have been used to for the couple years before Siegel opened. (And yes I know it was their in the mid 90's for Oakland/Sparta). But those reasons right there have just as much to do with perceived attitudes of the Siegel program as anything in my opinion.

Hey guys, From an outside perspective, I think everyone has beaten this topic of what happen 2or 3 years ago to death !! We have games tommorrow night, with new players and coaches. Let's get back to talking basketball for this YEAR !!!! We have a great race going on this year for season champs. Thank you !!

Oh cmon now Siegelgrad, the posts from that oaf fball were classic!! We could always count on him for some muh needed comic relief. Think about it, we all could band together and attack him no matter what school you rooted for everyone hated the guy. I will never forget how he bragged constantly about those Blackman cheerleaders. hahahhah