CPA's Deceiving Record

divepix

CPA is 3-3 with losses to three Division AA privates with a combined record of 19-1, all on the road.

Lost to Father Ryan: record 7-0 (lost 31-14, but only down by 3 with 5 minutes left in game)

Lost to Ensworth: Record 5-1 (lost 35-28 and were driving at end of game)

Lost to ECS: Record 7-0 (lost 17-7 on the road)

In their 3 wins, they beat Top 10 ranked DCA 31-15, and that is DCA's only loss.

Of course, CPA is not ranked in the polls (polls mean nothing).

Are there any other teams with very deceiving records?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CPA is 3-3 with losses to three Division AA privates with a combined record of 19-1, all on the road.

Lost to Father Ryan: record 7-0 (lost 31-14, but only down by 3 with 5 minutes left in game)

Lost to Ensworth: Record 5-1 (lost 35-28 and were driving at end of game)

Lost to ECS: Record 7-0 (lost 17-7 on the road)

In their 3 wins, they beat Top 10 ranked DCA 31-15, and that is DCA's only loss.

Of course, CPA is not ranked in the polls (polls mean nothing).

Are there any other teams with very deceiving records?

Actually they are ranked in several polls.

Massey 4th

Earl Nall 6th

Sonny Moore 4th

unapproved website 11th

Actually they are ranked in several polls.

Massey 4th

Earl Nall 6th

Sonny Moore 4th

unapproved website 11th

Your right, Antwan. I was referring to the ones in the paper, but all of them don't mean much at playoff time. Thank goodness for the playoffs. When will the colleges ever learn?

Good to talk with you.

Your right, Antwan. I was referring to the ones in the paper, but all of them don't mean much at playoff time. Thank goodness for the playoffs. When will the colleges ever learn?

Good to talk with you.

I don't pay much attention to the AP poll. It kinda lost credibility with me a few years ago when they ranked

Knox Catholic in the DII poll when they were in DI 3a. It's pretty much a joke.

After seeing CPA last year, and looking at the returning players, I'd put them at #4 in 2A myself. That's a good talented team. Their coaching, though, is what impressed me the most. They have a great 2A football team, and could probably compete in 3A.

That was one of the nicest offenses I've ever seen in high school.

After seeing CPA last year, and looking at the returning players, I'd put them at #4 in 2A myself. That's a good talented team. Their coaching, though, is what impressed me the most. They have a great 2A football team, and could probably compete in 3A.

That was one of the nicest offenses I've ever seen in high school.

RC, I've heard they have an outstanding stat team, as well.

Good luck the rest of the year, wouldn't mind seeing ya'll again during the play-offs.

Anyone who knows and follows 2A football (and I do NOT include the media, especially the AP Poll) know that CPA is one of the top tier teams. Polls mean squat because most of the voters look at over all record, not at who they played and how close the games were. That's why there are several teams in the AP Poll this year that will be completely wiped up in the first round...can you say cupcake?

Robjim, as much as we enjoyed having you and BigHurt over to our house last year could we wait until sometime AFTER the second round...Coach Ward is redecorating for the occasion so if you guys could maybe play someone else until then he'd appreciate it... /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

CPA has a great facility for football; we have played a number of youth & middle school football games out there.

As the post says, their record is a little misleading, but believe me it'll pay off when playoff time rolls around. Good athletes and excellent coaches and they're not shy about taking on schools much larger. They always scrimmage Hillsboro in the preseason and a couple of years ago played Riverdale in the regular season. They didn't do very well, but it takes a set of stones to step up and take on that level of competition and I admire them for that.

I have read but not studied others posts that try to explain the playoff format in 2A. Could CPA's overall record hurt them as far as seeding or what bracket they will be placed in? Would a number 1 seed from one district with an undefeated record be seeded higher than a number 1 seed that has multipule losses from another district? Could this effect playing at home vs. away?

I have read but not studied others posts that try to explain the playoff format in 2A. Could CPA's overall record hurt them as far as seeding or what bracket they will be placed in? Would a number 1 seed from one district with an undefeated record be seeded higher than a number 1 seed that has multipule losses from another district? Could this effect playing at home vs. away?

The answer to all of your questions is yes.