CPA's Deceiving Record

divepix

East Robertson's record is majorly misleading.

I'm sorry, but no it's not. While CPA has packed it's schedule with much larger schools (who are 19-1), East Robertson's non-region schedule includes two 1A schools (both losses) and Harpeth. Chrushed by DCA and a 1 point victory over Ezell Harding? (CPA beat DCA and Ezell 61-0 last week)

We'll see for sure who's record is deceiving next week when East Robertson comes to the Den.

East Robertson, get ready for 2-6. CPA will almost definitely be 6-3 going into Goodpasture in the last week to fight it out for the Region title.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

CPA is 3-3 with losses to three Division AA privates with a combined record of 19-1, all on the road.

Lost to Father Ryan: record 7-0 (lost 31-14, but only down by 3 with 5 minutes left in game)

Lost to Ensworth: Record 5-1 (lost 35-28 and were driving at end of game)

Lost to ECS: Record 7-0 (lost 17-7 on the road)

In their 3 wins, they beat Top 10 ranked DCA 31-15, and that is DCA's only loss.

Of course, CPA is not ranked in the polls (polls mean nothing).

Are there any other teams with very deceiving records?

...2A-Tyner "RAMS" are 3-3 with losses to 4A Brainerd(lost 36-16 in the 1st game of the season...no excuses)

...Lost to Defending 3A State Champ Fulton, 30-27 after leading at halftime 21-8!!!

...Lost to 2nd ranked 1A South Pittsburg, 25-21...drove inside the 10-yard line with less than 10 seconds remaining in the game and after the pass was completed the WR was hit and fumbled the ball!!!

...Playing 3A Howard (ranked 6th in the latest poll) on tomorrow!!!

...2A-Tyner "RAMS" are 3-3 with losses to 4A Brainerd(lost 36-16 in the 1st game of the season...no excuses)

...Lost to Defending 3A State Champ Fulton, 30-27 after leading at halftime 21-8!!!

...Lost to 2nd ranked 1A South Pittsburg, 25-21...drove inside the 10-yard line with less than 10 seconds remaining in the game and after the pass was completed the WR was hit and fumbled the ball!!!

...Playing 3A Howard (ranked 6th in the latest poll) on tomorrow!!!

That is impressive. Obviously Tyner is better than their record. Will be interesting to see how they do against Howard. They sound as if a real contender in the East with Alcoa.

That is impressive. Obviously Tyner is better than their record. Will be interesting to see how they do against Howard. They sound as if a real contender in the East with Alcoa.

...With all of these 'new' rules in place, I just hope we can finish with a winning record...we still have McCallie and Boyd-Buchanan in the season final to determine the Region 3-2A Champ!!!

...With all of these 'new' rules in place, I just hope we can finish with a winning record...we still have McCallie and Boyd-Buchanan in the season final to determine the Region 3-2A Champ!!!

I just looked at Boyd's season results and they could be included in the "deceiving record" category with a tough schedule where they have played up against tough teams. The Tyner / Boyd game is shaping up to be a really good one.

Clear and precise, that's what I've always like about you, A!

Since you off Friday, I think Bighurt's seat is available, in the pressbox, if you can find your way over.

How's our boy doing?

I try to be...rj. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I think I'm going to take a week off from the hs gridiron. Thanks for the invite. One of these days I'll take you up on that. You have to do the same...though. Who knows...it very well could be this year.

I hear he is doing quite well. He will be sore for a long time. He is just a soph...so he has a couple of more years to shine...and shine he will. I'm really looking forward to seeing this kid play. I think he's going to be very special.

I'm sorry, but no it's not. While CPA has packed it's schedule with much larger schools (who are 19-1), East Robertson's non-region schedule includes two 1A schools (both losses) and Harpeth. Chrushed by DCA and a 1 point victory over Ezell Harding? (CPA beat DCA and Ezell 61-0 last week)

We'll see for sure who's record is deceiving next week when East Robertson comes to the Den.

East Robertson, get ready for 2-6. CPA will almost definitely be 6-3 going into Goodpasture in the last week to fight it out for the Region title.

Uh, Goodpasture (2A #1), DCA (2A #6), Jo Byrns (1A #1), and Friendship (1A #3) for losses, and they have beaten a 3-3 Harpeth team who is big and physical up front. Don't know anything about Ezell-Harding, but I AM suprised they are 0-6. Didn't they win the state a few years ago? What happened there? Anyway, I'm sure CPA will beat East Robertson there pal. ER will likely go 3-7 because they play a ridiculously brutal schedule (remaining @ Hickman Co., @ CPA, FRA and @ Westmoreland)

The thread was about whose record was deceiving. East Robertson's record is deceiving.

And good luck vs. Goodpasture. I'd love to see them get knocked off their perch, even if it is against another private.........................

Clear and precise, that's what I've always like about you, A!

Since you off Friday, I think Bighurt's seat is available, in the pressbox, if you can find your way over.

How's our boy doing?

2 things -

1. Half the CPA stat team, the spotter, is excellent. The other guy has issues.

2. Speaking of issues, my seat always seems to be "available" according to robjim.

Uh, Goodpasture (2A #1), DCA (2A #6), Jo Byrns (1A #1), and Friendship (1A #3) for losses, and they have beaten a 3-3 Harpeth team who is big and physical up front. Don't know anything about Ezell-Harding, but I AM suprised they are 0-6. Didn't they win the state a few years ago? What happened there? Anyway, I'm sure CPA will beat East Robertson there pal. ER will likely go 3-7 because they play a ridiculously brutal schedule (remaining @ Hickman Co., @ CPA, FRA and @ Westmoreland)

The thread was about whose record was deceiving. East Robertson's record is deceiving.

And good luck vs. Goodpasture. I'd love to see them get knocked off their perch, even if it is against another private.........................

So your saying that you think East Robertson is better than their record shows?

I'm sorry but I just don't get that. They beat Ezell by 1 point. Ezell is 0-7. They beat Harpeth, and the 3 teams that Harpeth has beaten are a combined 1-17. And everybody in the region plays Goodpasture, so that doesn't count. And about loosing to 1A schools, although they are top ranked, they are still in 1A which doesn't go far in arguing that they have a tough schedule. CPA's losses have been to 5A schools: that makes their record deceiving because they lost to teams that are supposed to be better than them (by classification). So by getting killed by smaller schools and barely beating a winless team, East Robertson's schedule is deceiving? I think that their record is pretty accurate myself.

As for CPA, they have 1 more chance to show that they can beat a big dog: Goodpasture. If they can do that, then it will definitely prove that their schedule is deceiving considering Goodpasture is undefeated. Playing tough teams can only help CPA to be better prepared for Goodpasture. Can't wait for that game!

So your saying that you think East Robertson is better than their record shows?

I'm sorry but I just don't get that. They beat Ezell by 1 point. Ezell is 0-7. They beat Harpeth, and the 3 teams that Harpeth has beaten are a combined 1-17. And everybody in the region plays Goodpasture, so that doesn't count. And about loosing to 1A schools, although they are top ranked, they are still in 1A which doesn't go far in arguing that they have a tough schedule. CPA's losses have been to 5A schools: that makes their record deceiving because they lost to teams that are supposed to be better than them (by classification). So by getting killed by smaller schools and barely beating a winless team, East Robertson's schedule is deceiving? I think that their record is pretty accurate myself.

As for CPA, they have 1 more chance to show that they can beat a big dog: Goodpasture. If they can do that, then it will definitely prove that their schedule is deceiving considering Goodpasture is undefeated. Playing tough teams can only help CPA to be better prepared for Goodpasture. Can't wait for that game!

cpa's losses have been to DII not 5A.