District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

Well I wish I could get to more 11AA games but I'll be too busy watching Top 10 NCAA basketball up here in Knoxville. But anyways Harpeth better be able to run this year because I don't think they have the post to get them there yet. Giltner and the Caruthers Bothers will be forces to be reckoned with and they know how to play defense. The player I really like on there team is Cody Hudson. He is a great mid range shooter (which is a lost art) and surprisingly is very clutch. He came on strong on Senior Night last year for the Indians and I expect him to be a major contributor to the Indians this year. Sycamore sounds like a loaded team but I do think the leadership lost will play a minor role in how this team performs. They seemed to have some mental breakdowns last year so without Lohin and company i expect them to have more. They are a fiery bunch and I like that in a team. Plus I think they remember getting beat 4 times on 4 different floors by Harpeth last year. I have to pick Harpeth to win the district but it may come down to another tie breaker like last year. Harpeth doesn't seem to play well at Creek Wood and tends to shoot bad in places like Cheatham where the depth perception behind the basket are extremely different from their own. Now that I have have used depth perception in a basketball post and shamelessly showed school pride for my university I'll let all the "experts" discuss 11AA

p.s. Don't expect Harpeth to have a very intimidating student section like in years past. They lost the heart and soul of it with the Graduating class of 2007. Maybe some of the students will use their pep rally skills in something that actually means something.

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea from what I have been reading White House and Cascade have something in common. That being they were both missing 3/4 of there basketball teams!

That's because both have playoff football teams and neither Harpeth nor Sycamore can say that this season. We should give credit where it is due to the Warriors and the Blue Devils.

DISTRICT 11AA RESULTS FOR NIGHT #1

Sycamore: 76

White House: 41

Goodpasture: 62

Cheatham Co.: 58

Harpeth: 65

Cascade: 21

Montgomery Central: 70

Jo Byrns: 49

Hickman Co.: 61

Waverly Central: 56 (OT)

Independence: 56

Fairview: 30

Creek Wood: 63

East Hickman: 48

Stewart Co. @ Bruceton was cancelled due to the fact that the football team at Bruceton is still in the playoffs this week against TCA /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I thought they were the Champions???

They are "county champs" but at the same time it was the Cheatham Co. Cubs as the only football team to go to the playoffs from CHEATHAM COUNTY.

The Cubs also play in a region that has 6 TEAMS that have won playoff games since that region was formed prior to the 2005 season. DL, CC, CW, SH, GC, & MC have all won playoff games on the gridiron. That speaks high volumes of the football program at CCCHS.

HOWEVER.........................................

It is now basketball season so let's stay on topic because it's easy for me to get off of topic when the alternative is football for obvious reasons /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I thought the Harpeth student section did pretty good last night. You guys taught them well. There was even a guy in a gorilla suit. I loved the 'they're all freshmen' chant when we put 5 rookies out there at the same time.

Well hopefully I'm wrong and I wish I could have heard that. But it sounds a little weird to have a gorilla suit but owell whatever woks i guess. We had cows last year they have gorillas this year /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

They are "county champs" but at the same time it was the Cheatham Co. Cubs as the only football team to go to the playoffs from CHEATHAM COUNTY.

The Cubs also play in a region that has 6 TEAMS that have won playoff games since that region was formed prior to the 2005 season. DL, CC, CW, SH, GC, & MC have all won playoff games on the gridiron. That speaks high volumes of the football program at CCCHS.

HOWEVER.........................................

It is now basketball season so let's stay on topic because it's easy for me to get off of topic when the alternative is football for obvious reasons /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

NO NO.. I thought the were the Cascade Champions?

yea i think i remember that post (taylor) and the twins. but i dont remember these other players. How can they stand the pressure like from harpeth and sycamore gives? not most can stand it. or do they just want to be like another jake west(ball hog, hear from good sources.) so what do u think CatfishHunterJr. or anyone else.

We do play as a team because we have to...there is no Jake West anymore...obviously...but jake west was not a ball hog...he was our best player and he would take most the shot because duh...he was our best player...and at crucial moments of the game the other 4 players on the court looked like they backed away from the ball so Jake done what he could with it...sometimes good sometimes bad...but i would not classify him as a ball hog...in my opinion. It will be tough for SC this year...new coach bought a new system that changes the tempo of the game...Jake Taylor will be a presence in the middle...not as thick as Lancaster but much taller...can dunk with barely any jump...very lanky,good on the boards and will throw it in the bleachers if not careful...The Smith twins...both very good shooters,both handle the ball well and both play pretty good defense...i guess u could call that the Big 3 for SC...we bring alot of speed and plenty of talent but not very much size with the exception of 3 or 4 guys over 6'1...i do not think we will be last maybe 5th...will be hard to make the post season over Harpeth,Sycamore,Creekwood and Cheatam...oh and the Coach is Coach Rickman from Memphis...won a State Title as a assistant coach...GO REBS!!!