District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

correct me if I'm wrong ksgovols, but wasn't the goodpasture game Kevin's high for the year outside of the Cascade game and maybe Kenwood? I missed the game so I have some questions for you I want you to rate 1-10: boxing out, defense, shooting, and overall player of the game? Try to compare G'pasture to a team that we have played thus far. Thanks in advance Ksgovols (or hhsnumber1fan). Good luck to Harpeth as they travel to CPA tonight.

Here is the way I saw it....

Boxing Out - 5 (We did better than the Dickson game)

Defense - 8 (this is why we won the game)

Shooting - 6 (Tyler shot the ball pretty well along with Kevin)

Offense - 5 (This is what kept this game from being a blow out)

Overall player of the game - Kevin Giltner (Hit all of the free throws in the last few minutes)

Goodpasture was fundamentally sound, and had a couple of athletes. They really only had one or two guys who could shoot the ball from 3point land consistently from what I saw. There floor general number 24 I think did a good job of getting the ball up and down the floor, he was a little out of control at times, but did good. They had no real post presence that I could see. One guy who could sky, but not real tall or strong. As for a team that they remind me of I dont know. It is going to be tough for Harpeth tonight against CPA, but maybe they will get some shots to fall and it will be a fun game to watch..

I did like the way Kevin stepped up tonight and really showed some leadership skills. He really got the guys attention and showed he wanted to win and win BAD. If that leadership continues then that could be the rise of this squad, and exactly what they need. Good luck tonight against CPA guys. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the most embarassing display of basketball ever played by a Harpeth team as long as I can remember. For a team that had some lofty goals, this is totally unacceptable. Trying to think when the last time the Indians actually played to their full potential. It seems every year we are talking about how good the team can be, but then the Indians keep falling on their face. Should have beaten Bolivar last year, but just choked the game away while getting completely outcoached as well.

How bad is our district? Our top two teams lose by a combined 73 points last night.

Perhaps the most embarassing display of basketball ever played by a Harpeth team as long as I can remember. For a team that had some lofty goals, this is totally unacceptable. Trying to think when the last time the Indians actually played to their full potential. It seems every year we are talking about how good the team can be, but then the Indians keep falling on their face. Should have beaten Bolivar last year, but just choked the game away while getting completely outcoached as well.

How bad is our district? Our top two teams lose by a combined 73 points last night.

Our district is down this year, but you have to give all the credit in the world to coach maddux and the CPA boys. That team is real real GOOD. As I said in another topic, Hunter Miller and Zeke Mason will be on a very good D1 college team, and most likely play immediately. If Hunter Miller improves all aspects of his game like he did this past summer he will be top 3 players in AA state along with Zeke. He was already one of the best shooters in the state, and then last night he was taking our best defenders off the dribble every time, he is probably the most improved player on that team, and that is saying a lot seeing how good he was last year. They will be in murfreesboro when the time comes, and next year as well.

Pierre Mitchell did not play for Sycamore last night due to injury. That is a huge loss for Sycamore. He contributes so much. They missed his defense and ball handling. He will return and their shooters will start to hit shots consistently. Pete Froden is a great coach with a history of his teams peaking at the end of the season. It's still early. I predict Sycamore will finish the season strong.

Here's some updates for the district: Tyler Guye has quit the team at Sycanore and the starting point guard imo will now be Keenan Froedden. He's going to have to step his game up to another level since he's probably going to be starting now and running this team. Harpeth lost to Northeast and Livingston Academy in the Classic they're in at Franklin I believe. Harpeth played today at 11:30 but i don't know how they did. The 2nd half of the season is rolling around quickly and I can't wait to see who's going to win the district, hopefully Sycamore. I'm anxiously awaiting the February 8th Harpeth@Sycamore game, which I believe will be for the district championship.

This may be the weakest this district has ever been. The bottom 4 teams in the district are absolutely horrible and there really isn't what I would consider a top caliber team in the district. There might be one team standing after the first night of the region, but most likely it's going to be all west Tennessee again. Why does it seem like we can't ever get a quality team from our district? I'm really disappointed in the Indians as I had high hopes for them, but they are really struggling.

correct me if I'm wrong ksgovols, but wasn't the goodpasture game Kevin's high for the year outside of the Cascade game and maybe Kenwood? I missed the game so I have some questions for you I want you to rate 1-10: boxing out, defense, shooting, and overall player of the game? Try to compare G'pasture to a team that we have played thus far. Thanks in advance Ksgovols (or hhsnumber1fan). Good luck to Harpeth as they travel to CPA tonight.

Sorry for the delay harpethfan08. I've stayed away from coacht over the holidays!

19 is Kevin's season high I believe. The things that bothered us about Harpeth during the close wins against Dickson and Goodpasture were thoroughly exposed by CPA. Z Mason had 18 sitting on the bench half the game and Hunter Miller outscored Harpeth 43-42. The rest of the Lions scored 43 as well.

With a bruised ego, Harpeth wasn't ready for Northeast's athleticism and just got out hustled by Livingston Academy I hate to say. Trey Carruthers carried the scoring load for the most part in the tournament. I think the guys needed a confidence boost and they got it with Warren County who came along at the right time. Kevin's got an ankle a little gimpy and Tyler Carruthers has a minor back injury. Mostly, the Indians have had their feelings hurt. They can't just walk into a gym and beat anybody without hustle, desire and leadership on the floor. They're going to have to go to work to get better.

It starts with Fairview this coming Friday and Goodpasture on Saturday is the last non district game.

The positive to all of this is the tough November and December schedule that the Indians have played. They aren't getting beat by mediocre teams and they aren't padding the win column with a bunch of patsies. The district should be an easier row to hoe and the non district schedule will hopefully pay dividends at the end of the season.

Here's the records of the teams that have beaten Harpeth:

CPA (10-3)- Their 3 losses are to out of state teams in tournaments in KY and GA. CPA is for real. A state contender.

McNairy Central (5-5)- A game Harpeth absolutely gave away early in the year. 4th or 5th in 12AA most likely.

Sycamore (10-4)- Sycamore has already played 4 district games. Top 2 or 3 in 11AA. Taking the same kind of lumps that Harpeth is against quality opponents.

Clarksville NE- (10-3)- They were in the championship game of the WCI. Don't know the outcome against Ravenwood. AAA team with some talent.

Livingston Academy (12-4)- One loss to CPA by around 10. Solid AA team. They play a pre district schedule similar to Harpeth's. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in state.