District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am impressed with the way ksgovols you have all the standings down pat. I am curious to your thoughts though on the District Champ. Now lets be honest here and not byast. Sycamore or Harpeth??

I honestly believe it could go to either of the two. But who ever wins the next Harpeth vs. sycamore matchup will have an easier road. Whoever has to play Creekwood will have problems I believe. BUT.... With out Tyler Guye against Harpeth will not be as easy for SYcamore. I will say right now Harpeth would win, based on that reason alone. I know people are going to start getting on here and start telling me how mini fro(keenan froedden) is going to be the next big thing, but that is what I see.

Sycamore is the better team right now because they beat Harpeth at their place last month, but Harpeth has played well latley behind the play of Wofford signee Kevin Giltner and Trey Caruthers. Keenan has played decent lately and is continuing to grow. Tyler Guye is back on the team, but is suspended because he quit the team in the middle of the season and I don't know how long he's out for. He's been out for 3 or 4 games now. Sycamore's next real test comes next Tuesday night at home against Creekwood and then for the season finale/district championship showdown with Harpeth at home on February 8th. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Looking at the four seed spot, I don't see how you say SC has the easiest road. They are currently 2-5 in distrcit play. They still have to play Sycamore and Hapreth once and will not win either. That means the best they could finsih is 7-7 if they can sweep Cheatham and MC, and win at Waverly just to finish 7-7.

Fairview is 5-4 right now and has games at Waverly and at Harpeth and home games against Cheatham, CW, Sycamore. They already beat both Waverly and CHeatham this season and should be able to beat them a second time. If they lose to CW, Harpeth and Sycamore which they should, they would be 7-7 as well.

I don't see SC beating Waverly on the road, and they will most likely lose one game to MC or Cheatham. That would take them out of the running for the four spot most likely and they should finish 6-8 or 5-9.

I would say that Waverly at 3-4 has the toughest road to finsih 4th. They have games at MC, at Sycamore, at Cheatham, at Creek Wood, and at Harpeth and home games against SC and Fairview. I see them losing four maybe five of those games and finishing 6-8 or 5-9.

Cheatham and MC will most likely be playing for 7th and 8th places. I just don't see them putting together a big string of wins to finish the season. MC is 0-7 and would have to win out to finsh 7-7 and would lose head to head with Fairview at this point. They will finish probably 2-12 as they can win a couple of their home games they have left maybe over SC and Waverly.

Cheatham at 2-4 has a long road head of them with game at SC, Harpeth, Sycamore, CW, and Fairview and home games against CW, SC, and Waverly. Their final three game are on the road at Harpeth, CW and Fairview which will be brutal for them. I see them finishing in 7th with a 3-11 or 4-10 record.

If a team can get to 7-7 in the district, they look like a good lock for the 4 seed.

A couple of games tin the next two weeks that should be huge in determining the 4 seed could be:

1/15 Waverly at MC

1/22 SC at Waverly

1/29 Fairview at Waverly

Looking at the four seed spot, I don't see how you say SC has the easiest road. They are currently 2-5 in distrcit play. They still have to play Sycamore and Hapreth once and will not win either. That means the best they could finsih is 7-7 if they can sweep Cheatham and MC, and win at Waverly just to finish 7-7.

Fairview is 5-4 right now and has games at Waverly and at Harpeth and home games against Cheatham, CW, Sycamore. They already beat both Waverly and CHeatham this season and should be able to beat them a second time. If they lose to CW, Harpeth and Sycamore which they should, they would be 7-7 as well.

I don't see SC beating Waverly on the road, and they will most likely lose one game to MC or Cheatham. That would take them out of the running for the four spot most likely and they should finish 6-8 or 5-9.

I would say that Waverly at 3-4 has the toughest road to finsih 4th. They have games at MC, at Sycamore, at Cheatham, at Creek Wood, and at Harpeth and home games against SC and Fairview. I see them losing four maybe five of those games and finishing 6-8 or 5-9.

Cheatham and MC will most likely be playing for 7th and 8th places. I just don't see them putting together a big string of wins to finish the season. MC is 0-7 and would have to win out to finsh 7-7 and would lose head to head with Fairview at this point. They will finish probably 2-12 as they can win a couple of their home games they have left maybe over SC and Waverly.

Cheatham at 2-4 has a long road head of them with game at SC, Harpeth, Sycamore, CW, and Fairview and home games against CW, SC, and Waverly. Their final three game are on the road at Harpeth, CW and Fairview which will be brutal for them. I see them finishing in 7th with a 3-11 or 4-10 record.

If a team can get to 7-7 in the district, they look like a good lock for the 4 seed.

A couple of games tin the next two weeks that should be huge in determining the 4 seed could be:

1/15 Waverly at MC

1/22 SC at Waverly

1/29 Fairview at Waverly

I don't see Fairview beating Waverly at Waverly.Waverly led the whole game at Fairview until the fourth where Fairview shot 22 free throws in the fourth quarter alone. Ben Leonard had one of his worst games there too. I say Waverly finishes 7-7 and fourth place.

I am impressed with the way ksgovols you have all the standings down pat. I am curious to your thoughts though on the District Champ. Now lets be honest here and not byast. Sycamore or Harpeth??

'Biased'........ /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Sycamore has the upper hand since they beat Harpeth at Harpeth, but are they starting a freshman point guard? If they hold court at home, they win it. Harpeth has 2 road games at Sycamore and Creekwood, where they historically have had a tough time. I think the Creekwood game is more important to Harpeth's post season. The 1 seed is going to play Montgomery Central most likely, the 2 seed will play Cheatham. The 3 seed is going to catch Waverly, Fairview or Stewart County. A much tougher draw.

#1 seed, regular season champs is for bragging rights only. It doesn't advance you anywhere in the post season. In this district you want a 1 or 2 seed for the district tournament. Same for region since those seeds host.

I think SC has the easiest road to the 4 seed because they have fewer games between Sycamore, Harpeth and Creekwood. Fairview has the most. Waverly is in between. That doesn't mean they'll finish in that order. Head to head between those middle 3 OR an upset of any in the top 3 will determine it.

Sycamore has the upper hand since they beat Harpeth at Harpeth, but are they starting a freshman point guard? If they hold court at home, they win it. Harpeth has 2 road games at Sycamore and Creekwood, where they historically have had a tough time. I think the Creekwood game is more important to Harpeth's post season. The 1 seed is going to play Montgomery Central most likely, the 2 seed will play Cheatham. The 3 seed is going to catch Waverly, Fairview or Stewart County.

#1 seed, regular season champs is for bragging rights only. It doesn't advance you anywhere in the post season. In this district you want a 1 or 2 seed for the district tournament. Same for region since those seeds host.

I think SC has the easiest road to the 4 seed because they have fewer games between Sycamore, Harpeth and Creekwood. Fairview has the most. Waverly is in between. That doesn't mean they'll finish in that order. Head to head between those middle 3 OR an upset of any in the top 3 will determine it.

that's the reason they play them right ksgovols? Good commentary. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Sycamore is the better team right now because they beat Harpeth at their place last month, but Harpeth has played well latley behind the play of Wofford signee Kevin Giltner and Trey Caruthers. Keenan has played decent lately and is continuing to grow. Tyler Guye is back on the team, but is suspended because he quit the team in the middle of the season and I don't know how long he's out for. He's been out for 3 or 4 games now. Sycamore's next real test comes next Tuesday night at home against Creekwood and then for the season finale/district championship showdown with Harpeth at home on February 8th. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well atleast we know who runs the team over in Sycamore. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

ksvols, I still do not see how SC has the easiest road.

SC, Waverly, and Fairview still all have one game against Harpeth and Sycamore left. The only difference is SC has played and lost twice to CW already. Both Waverly and Fairview still have one game left with CW. Fairview plays them at home and Waverly plays them on the road.

SC and Fairview spilt the season series 1-1. Fairview beat Waverly earlier and they still have to play the second time. SC has to go to a couple of tough places to play such as Waverly, MC, and Cheatham not to mention their two games with Hapreth and Sycamore. They already have 5 loses, so they would have to win at Waverly, twice against MC and twice against Cheatham to even have a shot at finishing 7-7, not going to happen.

Fairview would only need a win at Waverly and home against Cheatham to finish 7-7. They also are capable of pulling off an upset at home against CW and maybe finish 8-6. Thats a big maybe.

Like I said before Fairview has easiest road, then SC and then Waverly has the hardest road left for the four seed.

Waverly at MC tonight could go to MC, they have a PG that did not play the first half of the season that makes them a little better and MC always plays better in their gym.

Week from tonight SC travels to Waverly which could keep SC in the race or end their hopes of the 4 seed. If that happens, the 1/29 Fairview @ Waverly game could be for the 4 seed barring any upsets.

ksvols, I still do not see how SC has the easiest road.

SC, Waverly, and Fairview still all have one game against Harpeth and Sycamore left. The only difference is SC has played and lost twice to CW already. Both Waverly and Fairview still have one game left with CW. Fairview plays them at home and Waverly plays them on the road.

SC and Fairview spilt the season series 1-1. Fairview beat Waverly earlier and they still have to play the second time. SC has to go to a couple of tough places to play such as Waverly, MC, and Cheatham not to mention their two games with Hapreth and Sycamore. They already have 5 loses, so they would have to win at Waverly, twice against MC and twice against Cheatham to even have a shot at finishing 7-7, not going to happen.

Fairview would only need a win at Waverly and home against Cheatham to finish 7-7. They also are capable of pulling off an upset at home against CW and maybe finish 8-6. Thats a big maybe.

Like I said before Fairview has easiest road, then SC and then Waverly has the hardest road left for the four seed.

Waverly at MC tonight could go to MC, they have a PG that did not play the first half of the season that makes them a little better and MC always plays better in their gym.

Week from tonight SC travels to Waverly which could keep SC in the race or end their hopes of the 4 seed. If that happens, the 1/29 Fairview @ Waverly game could be for the 4 seed barring any upsets.

Fairviews remaining schedule has a combined record of 46-41. They have one game with Cheatham. They have one against Harpeth, Creekwood and Sycamore.

Waverly's remaining schedule has a combined record of 53-61. They have a game with Cheatham, one with Mont. Central. They have one against Harpeth, Creekwood and Sycamore.

Stewart County's remaing schedule has a combined record of 42-77. They have 2 against Cheatham and 2 against Montgomery Central left on their district schedule and one against Harpeth and Sycamore.

I'm not predicting what will happen in the district race, but based on what has happened so far, I don't see how you can say that Stewart County doesn't have the easiest path to the 4 seed from this point on. Another way of putting it is they have had the toughest schedule so far among those middle 3 teams. If you're saying 7-7 will get you a 4 seed, Stewart County's got 6 in their hand if they can sweep Cheatham and Montgomery Central. They only have to win one more.

It will be interesting to see how it plays out. The Waverly games against Fairview and Stewart County are huge for them. On the flip side, that's FV's and SC's only shot at a 'middle' team.

Please understand that I'm not basing any of this on how these middle 3 teams did against Harpeth. I think FV, SC and Wavo all have their strengths. Their games will depend on matchups.

I agree with ksgovols. SC does have the easier schedule. Now that doesnt mean they will get number 4, but that does mean they have the best shot at it. Yes they split with Fairview, but when they got a new coaching staff, the whole style changed and controlled most all the game playing at fairview. They beat wavo in double OT but that was the first game since the coaching change and had very little time to adjust to the different styles of gameplay, streetball to basketball. I believe that SC can take down the tigers at waverly with big performances from the smith brothers. Waverly is definately a shooter's gym and SC knows that, so i see the brother duo to dominate the game with the balance of a great post game from taylor. When it comes to MC and CC, i believe SC has what it takes to win all four, but they could get overconfident and drop one. Then they play the top 2 one more time each that they will most likely drop but all in all i see them taking 4 because they do indeed have an easier road ahead.