District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to understand I was listening to homers!!! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

And your point?

I agree with Slube, Waverly outhustled Harpeth. Surprising that Giltner was held scoreless for the game. Coach Rawlings had an excellent game plan and it almost worked to perfection. Justin Vogel Tigers leading scorer also had an off game. Leonard and Gilbert were on fire.

Slube, I thought you were coming over to say hello. It was good to see you again ksgovols. Good job Tigers!

And your point?

I agree with Slube, Waverly outhustled Harpeth. Surprising that Giltner was held scoreless for the game. Coach Rawlings had an excellent game plan and it almost worked to perfection. Justin Vogel Tigers leading scorer also had an off game. Leonard and Gilbert were on fire.

Slube, I thought you were coming over to say hello. It was good to see you again ksgovols. Good job Tigers!

One thing that couldn't be seen over the radio was how much better conditioned Waverly was. Probably the first team I've seen Harpeth play that is. We were commenting during warmups about the similar build of the majority of Waverly's players. Also, their quickness kept transition points pretty low.

Now, let's not forget, Harpeth did win. Just not in impressive fashion.

Papa, I spied you, but never worked my way to that side of the gym. I stand over by the home bench doors, to your right tonight. I'll catch you during districts when you are not working. Were you the one on the right or left (my right or left)?

One thing that couldn't be seen over the radio was how much better conditioned Waverly was. Probably the first team I've seen Harpeth play that is. We were commenting during warmups about the similar build of the majority of Waverly's players. Also, their quickness kept transition points pretty low.

Now, let's not forget, Harpeth did win. Just not in impressive fashion.

Papa, I spied you, but never worked my way to that side of the gym. I stand over by the home bench doors, to your right tonight. I'll catch you during districts when you are not working. Were you the one on the right or left (my right or left)?

I would have been to your right. I am 6'4" I have a beard. Slube, I've made comparisons of this Tiger team to the current Harpeth team but just younger. They remind me of the Harpeth guys when they were sophomores too. What you think?

I would have been to your right. I am 6'4" I have a beard. Slube, I've made comparisons of this Tiger team to the current Harpeth team but just younger. They remind me of the Harpeth guys when they were sophomores too. What you think?

Minus the size maybe. Based on what I saw tonight, they're faster overall.

This Harpeth team really misses Chase Baker and Scott Newton! Last year, Harpeth was more patient and methodical, yet they could go uptempo at will and they liked uptempo.

Baker would have torched the 1-3-1 on the baseline tonight, he really new how to find the open spot and put himself into scoring position.

Harpeth was executing okay on offense, just not making the extra pass, imo. They did do it when they absolutely had no choice though. Dixon came up big down the stretch on the baseline. Yet it was open ALL NIGHT. They settle on the 3 way too much for my taste.

Nice to see Hudson play big as well.

Waverly did play a good game.

And your point?

Just a joke. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

In all honesty the boys game if you would not have said the score I would have thought that Waverly was dominating on the floor and the scoreboard. You guys made it sound like Gilbert had about 12 dunks or so. Everytime he made a layup I had to turn my lap top down!! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> And if you guys would not have said Trey Caruthers dunked it at the end; I would not have noticed until somebody had told me. But that is what I figured I would get from Waverly fans. No big deal.

I thought that Harpeth was about to get on a little hot streak rolling into districts after the smashing of Fairview, but I guess I was wrong.

I thoroughly enjoyed the game last night. All of by friends left at halftime but I stuck it out. The third quarter was great for the Tigers. I talked to some of the guys last night after the game and they all agreed that it was the most tired they had ever been after a game. And for good reason. We would run, then Harpeth would run. I tip my hat to the tiger coaches and players after last nights effort. Way to go fellas, keep the momentum and when this last strech of district games.

The battle for the four seed just got a little more interesting. SC loses to MC at home to drop to 2-7. This doesn't bode well for SC to get in the 4 spot.

Four teams that are battling for the 4 spot stand like this:

Fairview 5-5 with games left at Waverly, home vs. Sycamore, CW and Cheatham

Waverly 4-5 with games left at Cheatham, Sycamore, and CW and home vs. Fairview and SC

SC is now 2-7 with games left at Cheatham, Waverly and MC, home vs. Harpeth and Cheatham

Cheatham 2-6 games at Fairview, CW, Harpeth and SC and home vs. SC and Waverly

We debated who had the easiest road to the four spot and many thought it was SC. I would like to see if they still think that way.

I said Fairview had the easiest path and I am sticking to that. If they can go 2-2 in their remaining games they would be 7-7 and have the four spot. Most of us agree that 7-7 will get the four spot.

Waverly would have to go 3-2 to finish 7-7. They have tough games at Sycamore and CW, and home against SC and Fairview who know they need to win those games vs. Waverly to get the home game in the first round.

SC would have to sweep all remaining district games to get to 7-7 and that is unlikely. SC could get hot and win most of their remaining games, but I don't see them beating Harpeth which would have them finishing 6-8 if they win all but the Harpeth game.

Cheatham would have to go 5-1 to get to 7-7 and their schedule is not kind to them finishing at Harpeth, at CW, and at Fairview.

Minus the size maybe. Based on what I saw tonight, they're faster overall.

This Harpeth team really misses Chase Baker and Scott Newton! Last year, Harpeth was more patient and methodical, yet they could go uptempo at will and they liked uptempo.

Baker would have torched the 1-3-1 on the baseline tonight, he really new how to find the open spot and put himself into scoring position.

Harpeth was executing okay on offense, just not making the extra pass, imo. They did do it when they absolutely had no choice though. Dixon came up big down the stretch on the baseline. Yet it was open ALL NIGHT. They settle on the 3 way too much for my taste.

Nice to see Hudson play big as well.

Waverly did play a good game.

we talked about that on the radio last night the fact that Harpeth wasn't as good on the inside play without Baker and Newton this year. You're right they would have messed that 1-3-1 up. Another thing I noticed it was obvious that Coach Rawlings had seen something on game film that exploited the Harpeth defense with the back door cuts for some easy baskets.

HHSnumber1, we do get more excited when Waverly does something because we are the Tiger network. So we are supposed to be homers in that aspect. But I understand what you were saying.

We are covering the Cheatham County/Waverly game on Friday night if anyone is interested. wqmv1060.com.

what a game at the wood!!! the most i saw them down was 18 in the third with bout two minutes left it couldve been more. creek wood came back with two seniors and three sophmores on the court!!! creek wood gets up by two with bout 1 minute left in the game and then the harpeth fan dream shot comes.... trey wide and i mean wide open for three and he missed it!!! the kid was great all night dont get me wrong, but he misses the wide open three that wouldve given harpeth the lead with under a minute left!!! then with bout ten seconds left ethan williams sinks two HUGE and i mean HUGE free throws to put cw ahead by four. and then harpeth gets the ball and it might of been trey i think, but he drains a three as time expires makin the final score 47-46 cw. again HUGE free throws by williams!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />