District 11-AA Review/Preview

weaglefan

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone interested the Waverly/Cheatham County game will be carried on wqmv1060.com. The streaming is great. Dial up can hear it great too.

By the way, I think SC, Waverly, Fairview end up 6-8. Don't know the tie breaker.

If they all end up 6-8 i believe SC gets the 4 bc they split w/ fairview and swept waverly. Im unsure on the other.

lets face the facts:

1) Thyler Guye is a good athlete.

2) Tyler Guye QUIT the Sycamore Basketball team.

3) Tyler returned the team.

4) He recieved a 5-game suspension.

5) He is now back in the line-up for the War Eagles...with a new look. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

If this had been another person on the team who was as much of a contributer the situation probably would have been handled differently. Tyler is a starter for Sycamore and Coach Froedden was going to get him back in the line-up asap. Any competitive coach would have done this, and I know Coach Froedden is a competitor.

lets face the facts:

1) Thyler Guye is a good athlete.

2) Tyler Guye QUIT the Sycamore Basketball team.

3) Tyler returned the team.

4) He recieved a 5-game suspension.

5) He is now back in the line-up for the War Eagles...with a new look. /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

If this had been another person on the team who was as much of a contributer the situation probably would have been handled differently. Tyler is a starter for Sycamore and Coach Froedden was going to get him back in the line-up asap. Any competitive coach would have done this, and I know Coach Froedden is a competitor.

I am just throwing a situation out there and a player that I am good friends with and I know he wont care....

Harpethfan08, do you think if Cody Freeman(one of our best defenders and distributors) was to quit tomorrow Coach Wilson would let him back on the team??? I honestly dont think he would. I think he would say if thats what you want then do it. If the player wasnt sure, Wilson would tell him to go home and think about and come back tomorrow dressed or to bring your stuff in. I dont know how Coach Froedden handled it, but from what I hear Tyler said he was burnt out and just tired of playing. So I guess he came back because he was tired of getting an ear full from people at school. Good Luck to everyone the rest of the season.

If they all end up 6-8 i believe SC gets the 4 bc they split w/ fairview and swept waverly. Im unsure on the other.

I don't think that is right because SC would have beaten Waverly twice but split with Fairview, Waverly would have split with Fairview. SC would have tie breaker over Waverly but not over Fairview, and Fairview wouldn't have an advantage over Waverly. I'm confused already. I think in order for SC to get it they would have had to have a winning record over Fairview too, so I think it is something else to determine it.

Four or five doesn't really matter anyway come tournament time. They are playing each other. I think for those 3 teams, trying to stay away from 6 is the goal. At least for the first round. The 6th seed will face Creekwood or Harpeth in the first round. Coming in 4th in the tournament is way more important.

HHS Number 1 Fan, Kiwi Dad, aka the big camera guy at Sycamore, does try to get on here and start stuff and Tyler Guye barely even got a hair cut. Anyways the district championship is February 8th at Sycamore and should be a very good game. Sycamore needs to take care of business before then and they should be fine.

Hey guys, drop Tyler as a subject of your posts please. It's getting really tiresome having to cull through your posts on that subject. None of you are accomplishing anything talking about it. None of you know what the situation was. Plus, as much as you guys have been around, you know that similar situations go on at other schools every year. Every coach handles these situations on a player by player basis.

Let's talk hoops!

I don't think that is right because SC would have beaten Waverly twice but split with Fairview, Waverly would have split with Fairview. SC would have tie breaker over Waverly but not over Fairview, and Fairview wouldn't have an advantage over Waverly. I'm confused already. I think in order for SC to get it they would have had to have a winning record over Fairview too, so I think it is something else to determine it.

Im unsure too, but i was thinking of matchups between the 3 teams and SC had the better of them going 3-1 in those 4 games. I dont know if that is accounted for but to me it would seem correct if they all went 6-8 that SC would grab number 4. But i dont exactly know how the system works. But as for now we still have plenty of bball left and someone might throw in an upset somewhere to make this scenerio impossible.

If all three finish tied at 6-8, you look at head to head records. In a three way tie SC would be 1-1 vs Fairview and 2-0 vs Waverly. Fairview would be 1-1 against both, and Waverly 1-3. SC would get the four spot based on this. Then the two way tie goes back to head to head which wopuld be 1-1 since Wavo and Fairview split. The next tie breaker would be other distrcit opponent records. Both Wavo and Fairview will have lost 2 times to Harpeth and Sycamore but then Waverly wins the next one with a win over CW. So in this situation it would be SC, Wavo, and Fairview.

THis is assuming Waverly beat Fairview this coming Tuesday and there are no other upsets. If you look at the schedules, any thing can happen. I would not assume SC finishes 6-8 as they still have to play MC on the road after MC dominated them in Dover. Fairview and Waverly both still have to play Cheatham and that could end up a tough game for both. And there is always a possilbity of a major upset with one of them knocking off CW.