Preseason Favorites to Reach the 'Boro in A?

THELEGEND

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What single A teams are going to make it to the 'Boro? I know it's a long ways away but let's talk it up anyway.

Union City

Humboldt

Moore Co.

Temple

Culleoka

These five are probably obvious choices.

The less obvious may be...

Collinwood

Eagleville

East Lit.

Lake Co.

Pickett Co.

Union City

Humboldt

Moore Co.

Temple

Culleoka

These five are probably obvious choices.

The less obvious may be...

Collinwood

Eagleville

East Lit.

Lake Co.

Pickett Co.

I'd put Lake Co in the more obvious and Humbolt in the less obvious..Channen Geanes is back along withhis brother 6'5 Russel Avery and the Robinson kid that can shoot the lights out..I hear he's grown to about 6'2 to 6'3..Lake Co lost 3 studs in Copeland,Springer and Sep Valentine..but I'm not sure there's going to be much of a drop off ,if any..Epperson is a good player..but I thought Sain was their top gun!Lake Co has a 6'6' player ,Bledsoe to come off the bench and give some breathers ,if he decides to play..His Dad said he didn't think he was going to...But either way..Lake Co has Russel Avery to play Epperson straight up..Not sure Humboldt has anyone to stop Geanes!

Union City WILL win gold this year!!!!! Only losing like 2 players due to graduation and returning Mr. Basketball MJ Brown this year, Union City will be a notch above everyone around here...Union City needs to schedule as many AA and AAA teams as possible around here to show they can play with the better competition....Only thing Union City should look out for is the Humboldt Vikings...However if the Districts finish Union City as 1 and Humboldt as 2 as expected they would not meet in districts until the championship and then they would not play each other in regionals until championship again if it came to that!!!! Union City or Humboldt this year!!! The gold will be back in the west!

Union City WILL win gold this year!!!!! Only losing like 2 players due to graduation and returning Mr. Basketball MJ Brown this year, Union City will be a notch above everyone around here...Union City needs to schedule as many AA and AAA teams as possible around here to show they can play with the better competition....Only thing Union City should look out for is the Humboldt Vikings...However if the Districts finish Union City as 1 and Humboldt as 2 as expected they would not meet in districts until the championship and then they would not play each other in regionals until championship again if it came to that!!!! back in the west!

Sounds like last year, remember you have to get there to win it.

I'd put Lake Co in the more obvious and Humbolt in the less obvious..Channen Geanes is back along withhis brother 6'5 Russel Avery and the Robinson kid that can shoot the lights out..I hear he's grown to about 6'2 to 6'3..Lake Co lost 3 studs in Copeland,Springer and Sep Valentine..but I'm not sure there's going to be much of a drop off ,if any..Epperson is a good player..but I thought Sain was their top gun!Lake Co has a 6'6' player ,Bledsoe to come off the bench and give some breathers ,if he decides to play..His Dad said he didn't think he was going to...But either way..Lake Co has Russel Avery to play Epperson straight up..Not sure Humboldt has anyone to stop Geanes!

I'm posting again..Didn't realize Humboldt had 4 starters back..I'd have to change my mind or at least have them as a challenger for the top spot..Still want to see how the loss of Sain affects them though!

I'm posting again..Didn't realize Humboldt had 4 starters back..I'd have to change my mind or at least have them as a challenger for the top spot..Still want to see how the loss of Sain affects them though!

They'll be alright...Sain always liked to stand around and hopefully get open and then slam one home...EJ was the workhorse down in the post for Humboldt...I remember last year in the state tournaments, Humboldt was making their come back against Temple and Sain had to go out because he was just standing around and out of breathe...We're talking the state tournaments!!!! Stuff like that should already be out of ya and you should be in tip top shape by then...especially playing against the Union City's and Lake Co.'s and Trenton's!!!

Union City will be a favorite.....They will play Liberty and Mitchell,the two teams that have played for the AA state title the last two years at Liberty to kick off the year...They are going back to Nashville to play in "The Battle for the State" at Lipscomb and are going back to Poplar Bluff,Missouri to play in that tourney that has some very good teams from different states come play in it...Last season we by far the smallest school in it and won 1 of 3 games....The Tornadoes also have a home game with AAA Jax Central-Merry......They will also play Humboldt and Lake County a minimum of two times apiece during the regular season.....Union City did lose two players from last years squad but they were important cogs in the 10-man rotation....UC will do much of the same this season and will rotate 5 in and 5....Watch out for break-out years from BJ Marshall,Lavan Mosely and KJ Brooks....Union City will have some real good outside shooters this season...MJ is MJ and everyone knows what he brings to the table....

Lake County and Humboldt will be major players as well and watch for the Vikings in the tournaments..They have made it to The Boro the last three seasons.....