Preseason Favorites to Reach the 'Boro in A?

THELEGEND

Just by seeing alot of basketball played last year and what teams have returning and depth wise.You have quiet a bit of teams that could make some huge noise if they make it and have a very good chance of doing so such as Culleoka, Humboldt, Union City, and CSAS and the darkhorses Unaka and Pickett County.

Should be an interesting 07-08 basketball season /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw Grace Knox play multiple times this summer and they are in no way a state caliber team. If they make it to state it would only be because of a VERY weak region. They just arent that good. The good Chattanooga class A teams are 20 points better than they are.

Where did you see them play this summer? And tell me about something about there players because according to coaches at all levels in knoxville you are in the minority. I understand its your opinion and thats great, just wanted to make sure it is an informed one

Any serious conversation about who makes it to the 'boro this next season has to include Temple. I seriously doubt Grace will make it out of the region unless they have some significant new players added to the mix. Some of their players where a little young last year and should be greatly improved this year but I do not think they will be improved enough to beat out CSAS for second place in region. I do not know what CSAS is bringing back but they should be able to start off the season this year somewhere close to the same level as they finished last year after having a slow start.

The only thing that I am anxious about this season is the fact that all our starters except one are juniors and the other starter is a senior who is playing his first year in a Temple uniform. There is no real, experienced senior leadership on the team. But we do return two great starters, Jeremy Sexton and Brandon Andrews. The senior player is supposed to be a really good athlete. Add him and junior, James Kemp, you have a good solid starting four.

Any serious conversation about who makes it to the 'boro this next season has to include Temple. I seriously doubt Grace will make it out of the region unless they have some significant new players added to the mix. Some of their players where a little young last year and should be greatly improved this year but I do not think they will be improved enough to beat out CSAS for second place in region. I do not know what CSAS is bringing back but they should be able to start off the season this year somewhere close to the same level as they finished last year after having a slow start.

The only thing that I am anxious about this season is the fact that all our starters except one are juniors and the other starter is a senior who is playing his first year in a Temple uniform. There is no real, experienced senior leadership on the team. But we do return two great starters, Jeremy Sexton and Brandon Andrews. The senior player is supposed to be a really good athlete. Add him and junior, James Kemp, you have a good solid starting four.

You play basketball with 5 people. If there is a weak link he will be taken advantage of by good teams. Also Sexton will be seeing every teams best defender not their 4th best as in the past. I am curious to see how he adjusts to that because he is a good player.

You play basketball with 5 people. If there is a weak link he will be taken advantage of by good teams. Also Sexton will be seeing every teams best defender not their 4th best as in the past. I am curious to see how he adjusts to that because he is a good player.

Interesting perspective. I do think that Temple will be better than some think, but certainly not as good as last year.

Their bench will be a concern, their jv was successful with two varsity starters, but not so much without them. Sexton will be seeing a different defense than he did last year and that will be interesting to see.

Interesting perspective. I do think that Temple will be better than some think, but certainly not as good as last year.

Their bench will be a concern, their jv was successful with two varsity starters, but not so much without them. Sexton will be seeing a different defense than he did last year and that will be interesting to see.

Well, you do have a point. Jeremy played every minute on JV his Freshman year and saw good playing time on the varsity squad, but did not start much, if at all (I cannot remember). but Jeremy played all varsity last year, starting and playing almost every minute of every game.

Brandon Andrews played every minute on JV his Freshman year, also. He was moved up to varsity at some point during the season and did not see any JV time after that.

I think the bench is always a concern with a small single A school. The other concern is Temple does not have a proven, experienced head basketball coach and that will make a difference. Coaching makes a big difference in who wins and loses.

CSAS and Grace will be the two teams coming out of 3-A. There should be no way that CSAS does not get to state with all of the talent they have returning from last year's runner up team. It's always interesting to see teams from the east go up against teams from the west. The two sides of the state play different styles of ball and have different kinds of athletes, you never know what's gonna happen!

I know Memphis does not have an array of single A teams. I think everyone is overlooking Manassas Varsity Boys. They are deep at every position. So everyone don't be blinded by your area. Take a look at the entire state and do your research. This team could really make some noise this year not only in single A but in any division.

Your post should open everyone's eye from our West Tenn area..And you may be right about not just in Single A..Word I have is Manassas has a couple 6'7 or 6'8 guys and some good shooters..Also Dyer Co..who many think will be in the State in AA went to Manassas on Saturday and word I have was Manassas won by about 21 points..Now..Justin Blake wasn't there ..was on a recruiting trip..but still..Dyer Co has Rex Pierce,a Dyersburg transfer fill in..so is Dyer Co in trouble without Blake in the line-up or is Manassas that good..I believe Manassas must be pretty darn good

mr. bigster,

i was about to say whoever comes out of region 7 district 14 will win the state. but, after your report on manassas...wow! and, i'd tell everyone to never count out middleton. they grow great basketball players down there in hardeman county.

Vol fan..Everyone has our teams ..Union City..Humboldt.etc..in the title game..but I know what Dyer Co has..even without Blake...I heard Manassas had a couple 6'8 guys and hit about 8 three points in a row..So they must have some shooters...So..to do what they did..even in a scrimmage and against the athletes the calibre of Dyer Co..I'd have to believe they are going to make some noise in Single A..I've taken my blinders off and after Union City and Lake Co fell like they did last year in the playoffs..realize that other parts of the State have pretty good teams also..I'm looking for Culleoka to make some noise this year also...Middleton is always tough but don't know much about Middleton this year..