Mo West vs Greeneville

KEV-O

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I mean the West announcer. I am sure of it because the main game I remember him annoying me at was a playoff game against West. I haven't been to Cocke County in a long time but back in the early 90's the guy that did it always said THE BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED after everything. That got old really quick. Someone once told me that a good PA announcer is one that doesn't get on your nerves throughout the game. That made alot of sense. Sometimes less is more.

I hate when they add there own little spice like that. Last week Cherokee's announcer was like ITS FOOTBALL TIME IN BIG RED COUNTRY.

I know what you mean randy. Trojan nation. how original to add nation, every other team in TN say that.

Well its bout time to here some predictions? I know was struggle early but they have came on here as of late but there not as strong as teams of old or atleast they haven't been in the past 4 weeks. With the way the devils are playing West will have to pull everything out of the bag but in the end i feel as though the balanced spread attack from greeneville will put a nail in the coffin

Greeneville 35

West 24

crap if thats the case then we are going to have to hear him next week. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

KEVO...no disrespect intended here and pardon me for crashing your thread but I must say that we are still laughing about the "Star Spangled Banner" at the Greenville-South game. He was a very able soloist with operatic silohettes but we likened him to "The Cowardly Lion" from the "Wizard of Oz". Would love to come to the "Rock" just to here him sing again!

KEVO...no disrespect intended here and pardon me for crashing your thread but I must say that we are still laughing about the "Star Spangled Banner" at the Greenville-South game. He was a very able soloist with operatic silohettes but we likened him to "The Cowardly Lion" from the "Wizard of Oz". Would love to come to the "Rock" just to here him sing again!

I think everyone had a laugh after that one. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I hate when they add there own little spice like that. Last week Cherokee's announcer was like ITS FOOTBALL TIME IN BIG RED COUNTRY.

I know what you mean randy. Trojan nation. how original to add nation, every other team in TN say that.

We went to Bell Co. Ky....their PA guy said......" It's Football Time in BELL COUNTY!!!"

Original or what??

There is no doubt in this West fan's mind that Greeneville is capable of beating us this year. I am not saying that Greeneville is so overpowering that it will be a cakewalk for Greeneville, but that they are capable of taking advantage of any of West's mistakes and that West is so inconsistent that there is no telling which team will show up. The offense plays lights out and can score at will or cannot make a first down. There does not seem to be an in-between. Fortunately, the defense has played much better the last few weeks, but we have not played a spread team. Unfortunately, the spread offense is going to play to our weakness--(spreading us out expecting a pass) pass defense. I am not saying that every team we play can pass at will, but I am saying that our run defense is much stronger that our pass defense (both would get a passing grade). If we can stay with our base defense we will be able to handle Greeneville, but if we start having to run 4 or 5 CB sets, we will have some trouble.

I have not seen Greeneville except in the jamboree, so i cannot really speak of their strengths or weaknesses. However, based on their record, they have shown their own inconsistencies and less than stellar play.

So, it comes down to feeling and which team refuses to lose. There is no doubt that both teams want this win. There is no doubt that both teams are capable of winning. There is no doubt that both teams are capable of miscues to trigger a loss. However, I believe that West has more to prove then Greeneville. Their reputation as the cream of the 5 Rivers is being called into question tonight by an extremely good Greeneville team. I believe the West players' desire to win and refusal to lose will be enough to bring the win to Morristown. The score West 24 Greeneville 21.