Mo West vs Greeneville

KEV-O

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no doubt in this West fan's mind that Greeneville is capable of beating us this year. I am not saying that Greeneville is so overpowering that it will be a cakewalk for Greeneville, but that they are capable of taking advantage of any of West's mistakes and that West is so inconsistent that there is no telling which team will show up. The offense plays lights out and can score at will or cannot make a first down. There does not seem to be an in-between. Fortunately, the defense has played much better the last few weeks, but we have not played a spread team. Unfortunately, the spread offense is going to play to our weakness--(spreading us out expecting a pass) pass defense. I am not saying that every team we play can pass at will, but I am saying that our run defense is much stronger that our pass defense (both would get a passing grade). If we can stay with our base defense we will be able to handle Greeneville, but if we start having to run 4 or 5 CB sets, we will have some trouble.

I have not seen Greeneville except in the jamboree, so i cannot really speak of their strengths or weaknesses. However, based on their record, they have shown their own inconsistencies and less than stellar play.

So, it comes down to feeling and which team refuses to lose. There is no doubt that both teams want this win. There is no doubt that both teams are capable of winning. There is no doubt that both teams are capable of miscues to trigger a loss. However, I believe that West has more to prove then Greeneville. Their reputation as the cream of the 5 Rivers is being called into question tonight by an extremely good Greeneville team. I believe the West players' desire to win and refusal to lose will be enough to bring the win to Morristown. The score West 24 Greeneville 21.

Greeneville's record actually provides no info about their "inconsistencies". It indicated a team that has, much like West, shown continued improvement. The only way to evaluate them without actually seeing them is by stats.

These are quite good.

http://greenevillefootball.com/statistics/statsmenu.htm

Since I haven't seen West play,nor seen their statistics, I can only evaluate based on fan comments. If thats the case, based on your own evaluation, West is the inconsistent team. I only hope the one that "cannot make a first down" shows up. Greeneville's defense has shown itself to be successful against both the pass and the run, particularly in the last couple of games. If West has any weaknesses, McCurry will have already found and is preparing his team to exploit them. While I am not one to make predictions(I really don't have the testosterone for it), I kinda like the Devils chances tonight.

The ole prognosticator, Hoople himself, picks this one as:

Morristown West 28, Greeneville 21

I'd really like to see West win this one and continue on their march toward their 5th region/conference crown in 6 years. My keys to the game tonight for West: 1.- the offense must be effective and consistent in moving the ball downfield; 2. - take control of the time of posession (i.e., a function of #1 and helps keep the Greene Devil offense off the field); 3. - take advantage when in the red zone; and 4. - the defense will need to create a number of take-aways (again, keeping the G-offense off the field). One thing that the Trojans cannot afford to do is to get into a scoring match with Greeneville like we did back in 2002; that plays directly into the Devils' strength. With all that said, I just have not seen a lot of consistency in this squad as in years past. I predict G'vegas 31 West 21. Prove me wrong, Trojans!

There is no doubt in this West fan's mind that Greeneville is capable of beating us this year. I am not saying that Greeneville is so overpowering that it will be a cakewalk for Greeneville, but that they are capable of taking advantage of any of West's mistakes and that West is so inconsistent that there is no telling which team will show up. The offense plays lights out and can score at will or cannot make a first down. There does not seem to be an in-between. Fortunately, the defense has played much better the last few weeks, but we have not played a spread team. Unfortunately, the spread offense is going to play to our weakness--(spreading us out expecting a pass) pass defense. I am not saying that every team we play can pass at will, but I am saying that our run defense is much stronger that our pass defense (both would get a passing grade). If we can stay with our base defense we will be able to handle Greeneville, but if we start having to run 4 or 5 CB sets, we will have some trouble.

I have not seen Greeneville except in the jamboree, so i cannot really speak of their strengths or weaknesses. However, based on their record, they have shown their own inconsistencies and less than stellar play.

So, it comes down to feeling and which team refuses to lose. There is no doubt that both teams want this win. There is no doubt that both teams are capable of winning. There is no doubt that both teams are capable of miscues to trigger a loss. However, I believe that West has more to prove then Greeneville. Their reputation as the cream of the 5 Rivers is being called into question tonight by an extremely good Greeneville team. I believe the West players' desire to win and refusal to lose will be enough to bring the win to Morristown. The score West 24 Greeneville 21.

Lee, looked like both your Trojan teams showed up tonight @ Burley. If the lights out team that came out in the second half had gotten off the bus for the first half, this would have been a different game. Great crowd for this one...good to see the Greeneville fans show some life. The Trojan student section was awesome as usual, even when things weren't going so good. Glad the little guys in the secondary stepped up on that last drive...Lance Bailey had an awesome night on defense and Brimer was just wicked as well.

WHEW /unsure.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" /> I am wore out. I am much to old to be making those tackles.

Was a good game, I liked the first half much better than the second. Good luck to m west the rest of the season. Unless we meet agian.