Lewis Co. vs Hickman Co.

bumpngo

You can rest assured it will be a competitive game. As for your prediction, good luck holding the Dawgs to under 30 points, much less holding them to 14. They can throw 3 different legitimate backs at you at any time with fresh legs. And no one really knows that they can't pass the ball. They just haven't had to pass since they've been rushing for 300 yards a game. And never underestimate the HC coaching advantage. Swenson knows LC and Coach Sharp extremely well, and the Dawgs will run through a wall for Coach Swenson. He'll definitely have them ready to play. Just hope the LC stadium can hold all of the Bulldog fans that will be making the journey over.

great post LUDAWG

we have been waiting for this day for a long long time and now its here time to take advantage of it.this will be a great game between both teams but we dont under estimate there speed or strength.i believe we are more physical and will def play hard hitting football!

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great post LUDAWG

we have been waiting for this day for a long long time and now its here time to take advantage of it.this will be a great game between both teams but we dont under estimate there speed or strength.i believe we are more physical and will def play hard hitting football!

Well, our team has risen above every challenge so far. I do not see this challenge as an impossible one either. I think our boy will do fine. HC 41 Lewis 14

MP has shown that they weren't as good as what was expected pre-season....The win early in the season looked solid for LC, but now has proven to be not all that impressive....That being said MP is probably the best team that either of these two teams have beaten....I would like to see HC pull this one off, but LC is a solid football club....I have to give the advantage to LC, but it will be close...The LC fans that continue you to think that you are unstopable, just look at your previous playoffs guys....you are beatable...

MP has shown that they weren't as good as what was expected pre-season....The win early in the season looked solid for LC, but now has proven to be not all that impressive....That being said MP is probably the best team that either of these two teams have beaten....I would like to see HC pull this one off, but LC is a solid football club....I have to give the advantage to LC, but it will be close...The LC fans that continue you to think that you are unstopable, just look at your previous playoffs guys....you are beatable...

Why does everyone think we just sit around and talk about how unbeatable we are????We've never said we are unbeatable or unstoppable. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

You can rest assured it will be a competitive game. As for your prediction, good luck holding the Dawgs to under 30 points, much less holding them to 14. They can throw 3 different legitimate backs at you at any time with fresh legs. And no one really knows that they can't pass the ball. They just haven't had to pass since they've been rushing for 300 yards a game. And never underestimate the HC coaching advantage. Swenson knows LC and Coach Sharp extremely well, and the Dawgs will run through a wall for Coach Swenson. He'll definitely have them ready to play. Just hope the LC stadium can hold all of the Bulldog fans that will be making the journey over.

Yeah i agree with this guy...I doubt you can keep hickman to 14 pionts.. And i agree with this person almost 100 percent besides thats it is more like almost 400 rushing yards a game.. This game will come down to who wants it more and who is willing to fight the most. I don't know about lewis county, but the bulldogs have all the heart it takes to go where they want to go... Go Bulldogs!!

I have to say Mt. Pleasant isn't Marshall County. Hickman County's win over Marshall County is more impressive that beating up on really good 1A teams like Mt. Pleasant and Wayne County imo.

I think Hickman County's offense is great. The do have 3 backs that can all run the ball and the few times they do have to pass it usually catches the other teams defense by surprise. On the other hand, their defense is nothing to write home about. There's a reason why they need to hang 40 on everybody.

Lewis County's offense isn't nearly as explosive as Hickman County's, but they run it well. Their defense is much more imposing than Hickman County's and they'll hit you in the mouth. It was by far the more physical game of the two.

It's amazing that Hickman County hasn't fumbled the ball with the double handoffs and misdirection they run. Turnovers kill drives and they seem to have eliminated those. Lewis County will put the ball on the ground some. If they do it much against Hickman Co., they'll lose. If they don't, they'll win.

I have to say Mt. Pleasant isn't Marshall County. Hickman County's win over Marshall County is more impressive that beating up on really good 1A teams like Mt. Pleasant and Wayne County imo.

I think Hickman County's offense is great. The do have 3 backs that can all run the ball and the few times they do have to pass it usually catches the other teams defense by surprise. On the other hand, their defense is nothing to write home about. There's a reason why they need to hang 40 on everybody.

Lewis County's offense isn't nearly as explosive as Hickman County's, but they run it well. Their defense is much more imposing than Hickman County's and they'll hit you in the mouth. It was by far the more physical game of the two.

It's amazing that Hickman County hasn't fumbled the ball with the double handoffs and misdirection they run. Turnovers kill drives and they seem to have eliminated those. Lewis County will put the ball on the ground some. If they do it much against Hickman Co., they'll lose. If they don't, they'll win.

Hickman Co. defense has shut down every team when it comes to the run game. When people pass on us they do get more than the run but defense wins ballgames and championships. the offense cant score if they don't have the ball and time to score.. Hckman's defense is a hit you in the mouth one and plays with intensity. We only gave up 6 to marshall. We gave up 7 to fairview.. Our 1st team D gave up none on waverly. Our first team only gave up 14 against harpeth beacuse they can pass. We gave up 31 to Lawerence co a team with an awesome qb with great vision and who had good receivers. Our jv gave up the 7 points against loretto and our jv gave up the 6 against east roberston who scored plenty of points against the number 1 team in the state. East Roberston also had more yards in that game.. So I would say Hickman's Defense is pretty stout. But thanks for the motavation...

Most fans from both schools, especially those removed from attending school, realize that this is going to be a great game between two very evenly matched teams.

Most logical fans realize that neither team is going to beat the other by 25 or 30 points. That's just not going to happen.

Most of us realize that the two teams both adeptly run the wing-t which means, in my humble opinion, that this might wind up more of a defensive struggle than some would think.

I think that each team is better than the other in some areas but neither is heads and shoulders above the other in any area. Hence, I expect an extremely close game.

This really doesn't have anything to do with this game in particular but every game in general. When two evenly matched teams are about to play or have just played, why is it almost I always find a post concerning this... It will come down to which team wants it the most or ________won the game because they wanted it more? Can you really tell me that with undefeated seasons on the line, a first place seeding going into the playoffs, a regional championship and bragging rights between two teams just a few minutes apart that one team really doesn't want to win as much as the other......... Bogus!

What I suspect is the team that takes care of the football and doesn't turn the ball over.... and the team that wins the kicking game will come away victorious.

And let's keep it as sane as possible this week. It's two great teams battling it out in a great rivalry and both teams and fans need to show everyone across the state how much class both programs have.

Most fans from both schools, especially those removed from attending school, realize that this is going to be a great game between two very evenly matched teams.

Most logical fans realize that neither team is going to beat the other by 25 or 30 points. That's just not going to happen.

Most of us realize that the two teams both adeptly run the wing-t which means, in my humble opinion, that this might wind up more of a defensive struggle than some would think.

I think that each team is better than the other in some areas but neither is heads and shoulders above the other in any area. Hence, I expect an extremely close game.

This really doesn't have anything to do with this game in particular but every game in general. When two evenly matched teams are about to play or have just played, why is it almost I always find a post concerning this... It will come down to which team wants it the most or ________won the game because they wanted it more? Can you really tell me that with undefeated seasons on the line, a first place seeding going into the playoffs, a regional championship and bragging rights between two teams just a few minutes apart that one team really doesn't want to win as much as the other......... Bogus!

What I suspect is the team that takes care of the football and doesn't turn the ball over.... and the team that wins the kicking game will come away victorious.

And let's keep it as sane as possible this week. It's two great teams battling it out in a great rivalry and both teams and fans need to show everyone across the state how much class both programs have.

Good Post...Should be a good battle...between two pretty darn good teams...