SMYRNA VS LAVERGNE

82cat

From what I hear he is 2P, but thankfully he is no Rankin. Whew!

He is better than Rankin.......in every way that counts in my book. He has taken a group of kids who everyone thought would go downhill....a group of kids that Rankin bailed on b/c their freshmen were losing and so was their feeder school.....and he has made them UNDEFEATED!! How ya like THAT??? Now THAT is a coach.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He is better than Rankin.......in every way that counts in my book. He has taken a group of kids who everyone thought would go downhill....a group of kids that Rankin bailed on b/c their freshmen were losing and so was their feeder school.....and he has made them UNDEFEATED!! How ya like THAT??? Now THAT is a coach.

They are so far undefeated... I don't think they will stay like that much longer this region is to good and I think either WC or Smyrna will take down the power house...

I'm not sure who is currently the coach at rsms, but even a few yers ago when they had Mike Bryant, Justin Bather, etc (Lavergne) / Josh Day(?), Jarvis Hicks etc (Smyrna)/ Jamal Ramsey (BGA starting qb) / Byron Marshall (Hillwood starting db)...they still didn't win all that overwhelmingly much.I have a feeling that some kids who could help out there soon might opt for park rec league ball instead.

Josh Day was always at Smyrna Middle...

Yes and if you remember correctly I was one of the first to be on here to congratulate you about it. Thing is as some keep pointing out that was LAST year and this years games have yet to be played.

The more I see bdogg on here spouting off about R'dale the more I am CONVINCED he don't think y'all can do it again. He may say he isn't but the boy/girl whatever IT is, is either obsessed or worried. I know how 82cat likes to poor mouth y'alls teams and the ability to beat us and I am not buying it either. Man is trying to play with our minds and he does a good job of it, but I do NOT think Coach A will let it get to the actual players as it should NOT. I have lots of respect for 82cat but NONE for bdogg. 'IT' resorts to name calling and put downs when hit in the face with the facts.

Any way it goes I 'think' R'dale will keep on rolling along with its winning ways. After all they are STILL Region CHAMPS!

Got my asbestos suit on bdogg, take your best shot! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

now lod - me? try to mess with anyones minds? I am truly hurt /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

we both know the only peoples minds we mess with on here are each others

we all give ourselves way to much credit

however

I truly believe riverdale is the region king till proven other wise.

The only thing I ever said was 2 years ago I said in jest that riverdalwas so good if they lose the entire staff should quit /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> ------hey ------- who knew /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

now lod - me? try to mess with anyones minds? I am truly hurt /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

we both know the only peoples minds we mess with on here are each others

we all give ourselves way to much credit

however

I truly believe riverdale is the region king till proven other wise.

The only thing I ever said was 2 years ago I said in jest that riverdalwas so good if they lose the entire staff should quit /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> ------hey ------- who knew /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Well with two of them finally able to get the HC jobs they deserved I don't feel bad about losing them. A couple of others went with them to be either OC's or DC's which they also deserved. One went into administration as an assist principal which he deserved and makes sense with retirement only a few years away. All in all I think it is a good thing as it also allowed Coach A to bring in some good folks also that deserved a chance in the BIG time of Middle Tn football.

Thing that is scary is we both might see a couple of them back as HC's at either Oakland or Siegel. With the talent that is there already a good coach may have the entire region hunting cover.

Anyway good luck to both teams this week in y'alls game. Hopefully it will be a injury free one as I want BOTH teams at their very best when they play R'dale.

A huge factor that nobody seems to grasp regarding this game is the non-region schedules that each of these teams have played. While Lavergne was throttling cupcakes like Hillwood, Antioch, and McGavock, Smyrna was playing against Brentwood(who is down this year), Gallatin, and Brentwood Academy. Lavergne swept their three games and Smyrna lost one of theirs. Smyrna however is better off because of the challenges they faced. Battling for four quarters against a good team gives better preparation than putting in the backups because you are blowing out a weak opponent. Lavergne's lapse of focus cost them against siegel and will contribute to their downfall this Friday night.

actually 2p the undefeated team you speak of is mostly seniors and won the lions bowl our freshan year...... someone gets some real facts if you could but i think every team that has won the lions bowl has won state

Very good post. Finally someone who knows about football.

we sure know you dont /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

They are so far undefeated... I don't think they will stay like that much longer this region is to good and I think either WC or Smyrna will take down the power house

na looks to stay that way

A huge factor that nobody seems to grasp regarding this game is the non-region schedules that each of these teams have played. While Lavergne was throttling cupcakes like Hillwood, Antioch, and McGavock, Smyrna was playing against Brentwood(who is down this year), Gallatin, and Brentwood Academy. Lavergne swept their three games and Smyrna lost one of theirs. Smyrna however is better off because of the challenges they faced. Battling for four quarters against a good team gives better preparation than putting in the backups because you are blowing out a weak opponent. Lavergne's lapse of focus cost them against siegel and will contribute to their downfall this Friday night.

You only play who is on your schedule. This schedule allowed LaVergne to gain confidence especially with a young QB. Look for this team to put on an offensive show this week.