CENTENNIAL vs. BRENTWOOD

CHS 2007

Three games left in the season, and It's utter chaos in Region 6-5A. With fours teams tied atop the region and one more lurking right behind, these last few weeks are sure to give us some excitement. This Friday, Brentwood takes their share of the lead into Centennial, where the Cougars have some to prove.

Many saw this year as a rebuilding year for the Centennial (3-4, 1-3). First year Coach Mark Matykiewicz has done a great job thus far, and he has certainly built a team that will turn some heads in the coming seasons. But while the hype is building for the future seasons, Coach Mat and company are looking to finish business this season. Behind playmakers Chaz Scales, Wayne Coffee, and Allante McLemore, the energetic Cougar offense ranks third in the region, and is averaging nearly 24 points a game. A drastic improvement from an offense that ranked near the bottom of the state last year.

After a disappointing start, the Bruins (3-4, 3-1) are finally hitting their stride. After averaging 6 points a game in their first five contests, Brentwood exploded with 27 points in each of their last two games, including a double overtime win against a very stout Franklin defense. Traditionally a passing offense, Brentwood has been led by their rushing attack this season, with A.J. Krow, Tate Mustin, and Mike Regan leading the charge. The Bruins seemed to have peaked at the right time, and with three games left in the season, they're looking to finish business.

Centennial has not beaten a playoff team since Ravenwood in 2004. After what many called "cupcake wins", can the Cougars make a statement by playing spoiler here?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do you think the brentwood center will be able to get his snaps off the ground this week. I sure hope Crawford has him work on that. thursday night was ridiculous. the kid could not get the ball off the ground on the shotgun snaps. the poor qb had to pick it up off the ground almost every single time.

I gotta tell ya, the more I look at the region standings, the more excited I am to see how this all plays out.

1. Indy (3-1, 4-3)

DC (3-1, 4-3)

Brentwood (3-1, 3-4)

Ravenwood (3-1, 3-4)

5. Franklin (2-2, 3-3)

6. Centennial (1-3, 3-4)

Columbia (1-3, 3-4)

8. Northeast (0-4, 0-7)

Indy would get the #1 seed right now based on their record and their win over D.C. It is very possible that we could have a 5 way tie at the end of the year, meaning one team would win the region and still miss the playoffs. Also possible that the region champ can go 6-4, meaning the #1 team would have a worse record than last years Indy team, who missed the playoffs all together. This is going to be absolute pandemonium these lst three weeks.

I gotta tell ya, the more I look at the region standings, the more excited I am to see how this all plays out.

1. Indy (3-1, 4-3)

DC (3-1, 4-3)

Brentwood (3-1, 3-4)

Ravenwood (3-1, 3-4)

5. Franklin (2-2, 3-3)

6. Centennial (1-3, 3-4)

Columbia (1-3, 3-4)

8. Northeast (0-4, 0-7)

Indy would get the #1 seed right now based on their record and their win over D.C. It is very possible that we could have a 5 way tie at the end of the year, meaning one team would win the region and still miss the playoffs. Also possible that the region champ can go 6-4, meaning the #1 team would have a worse record than last years Indy team, who missed the playoffs all together. This is going to be absolute pandemonium these lst three weeks.

Hey. does your college play football??????

1. Indy (3-1, 4-3)

DC (3-1, 4-3)

Brentwood (3-1, 3-4)

Ravenwood (3-1, 3-4)

5. Franklin (2-2, 3-3)

6. Centennial (1-3, 3-4)

Columbia (1-3, 3-4)

8. Northeast (0-4, 0-7)

Indy still has Ravenwood and Brentwood to play...this could get even more interesting

Three games left in the season, and It's utter chaos in Region 6-5A. With fours teams tied atop the region and one more lurking right behind, these last few weeks are sure to give us some excitement. This Friday, Brentwood takes their share of the lead into Centennial, where the Cougars have some to prove.

Many saw this year as a rebuilding year for the Centennial (3-4, 1-3). First year Coach Mark Matykiewicz has done a great job thus far, and he has certainly built a team that will turn some heads in the coming seasons. But while the hype is building for the future seasons, Coach Mat and company are looking to finish business this season. Behind playmakers Chaz Scales, Wayne Coffee, and Allante McLemore, the energetic Cougar offense ranks third in the region, and is averaging nearly 24 points a game. A drastic improvement from an offense that ranked near the bottom of the state last year.

After a disappointing start, the Bruins (3-4, 3-1) are finally hitting their stride. After averaging 6 points a game in their first five contests, Brentwood exploded with 27 points in each of their last two games, including a double overtime win against a very stout Franklin defense. Traditionally a passing offense, Brentwood has been led by their rushing attack this season, with A.J. Krow, Tate Mustin, and Mike Regan leading the charge. The Bruins seemed to have peaked at the right time, and with three games left in the season, they're looking to finish business.

Centennial has not beaten a playoff team since Ravenwood in 2004. After what many called "cupcake wins", can the Cougars make a statement by playing spoiler here?

Good post on the facts .. Brentwood takes this one easy.. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

do you think the brentwood center will be able to get his snaps off the ground this week. I sure hope Crawford has him work on that. thursday night was ridiculous. the kid could not get the ball off the ground on the shotgun snaps. the poor qb had to pick it up off the ground almost every single time.

I can assure you that this problem will be addressed this week in practice. The Bruins' starting center Derek Faulkner was out this week with a bone bruise in his foot, so Ian Smith moved over from guard to fill in at center. So that was not our normal center...not sure if Smith will have to fill that role again this week, we shall see.

Meanwhile, Brentwood has never lost to Centennial at any level of football, freshman, JV, or varsity. The seniors on Brentwood's team know this and are determined to keep this streak alive.

Brentwood 31

Centennial 14