CENTENNIAL vs. BRENTWOOD

CHS 2007

So let me ask you this.

Brentwood's defense has been stout and consistent all season.

Their offense is finally is finally clicking.

Their last three games are Centennial, Indy, and Northeast.

Are Brentwood the region favorites right now?

If Brentwood wins out and Dickson County has one more loss then Brentwood wins Region.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So let me ask you this.

Brentwood's defense has been stout and consistent all season.

Their offense is finally is finally clicking.

Their last three games are Centennial, Indy, and Northeast.

Are Brentwood the region favorites right now?

Depends on who answers you. Indy is the only team that controls their destiny. Everyone else has to have help. The picture will be clearer tomorrow night. Still a lot of football left.

How did I get off topic when I was answering someone else's question? And maybe I did pick Franklin, I dont really remember or care.

Someone mentioned the QB's for Centennial. I am really interested to see who they go with for this game. For the past few weeks, Chase has been getting the majority of the snaps. And nothing against him, because he has

played alot better this season compared to last, but I just think with the personel we have, that Chaz is a better choice for QB. He's got the speed and the arm to get out of the pocket and make plays out of nothing. Plus, his feet always keep the defense guesing, and that can open up alot of space out there. Again nothing against Chase, because he is a good QB as well. But for the system we run, I just think Chaz fits better.

I agree about Chaz - one has to be careful when typing their names to make sure you're talking and writing about the same guy! - Chase takes too much time back there - he did the same thing last year, so not much improvement there - Chaz does have more speed and his arm is getting better, so it'll be interesting to see who takes the most snaps tomorrow night - why do you think Chaz isn't playing more than he is? the announcers for the game last week questioned why Chase is in there as much as he is -

I agree about Chaz - one has to be careful when typing their names to make sure you're talking and writing about the same guy! - Chase takes too much time back there - he did the same thing last year, so not much improvement there - Chaz does have more speed and his arm is getting better, so it'll be interesting to see who takes the most snaps tomorrow night - why do you think Chaz isn't playing more than he is? the announcers for the game last week questioned why Chase is in there as much as he is -

Don't know for sure. My best guess would be Chase has the better arm and is more of a stay-at-home QB. And that also allows Chaz to go out as a RB or receiver.

BRENTWOOD 30

CENTENNIAL 0

The score says it all. Brentwood's offense was clicking and their defense was stout as always. The killer came right before halftime, when Allante McLemore returned an interception nearly 60 yards, setting up a first and goal on the four. The Cougars ended up turning the ball over on downs. This happend again later in the third. One of the main problems I saw was too much East/West running. Instead of trying to find the hole inside, we kept running straight for the sideline, where the defense could close in.

Defensively, we still cannot stop the run. They ran it right at us all night all we couldnt slow them down. Also must say I was very displeased with the fan turnout. There were a limited number of students that showed up and many of them left early or werent paying attention.

Overall, we need to regroup and focus on Columbia. We all know what happened with them last year, so hopefully we can shake this one off and pull off another emotional win.

BRENTWOOD 30

CENTENNIAL 0

The score says it all. Brentwood's offense was clicking and their defense was stout as always. The killer came right before halftime, when Allante McLemore returned an interception nearly 60 yards, setting up a first and goal on the four. The Cougars ended up turning the ball over on downs. This happend again later in the third. One of the main problems I saw was too much East/West running. Instead of trying to find the hole inside, we kept running straight for the sideline, where the defense could close in.

Defensively, we still cannot stop the run. They ran it right at us all night all we couldnt slow them down. Also must say I was very displeased with the fan turnout. There were a limited number of students that showed up and many of them left early or werent paying attention.

Overall, we need to regroup and focus on Columbia. We all know what happened with them last year, so hopefully we can shake this one off and pull off another emotional win.

Brentwood does the job.....CHS... do you still think that there is no difference between 3a and 5a football? I mean this in a "give me an intelligent answer.

BRENTWOOD 30

CENTENNIAL 0

historically, we've always played Brentwood tough - this is the first shut out ever that I can remember against Brentwood! - as for the "fan" turnout a lot of people went to the hockey game - I personally heard some kid tell his parent that if we were down 21 -0 at the half he was going to the hockey game, as Centennial played Ravenwood at hockey - they lost too - the killer wasn't Allante's pretty run that set up a stop at the four, it was the poor job Chase Barlar did on the first drive when he wasn't courageous enough to lead the team to a touchdown! Centennial is now out of the playoff picture - hopefully, they'll put in the young players and start looking toward grooming them for next year- Columbia is hard to beat at their place and they throw the ball well which is our strength so maybe Centennial can save face by beating them there - last year was the first time Centennial had ever beaten Columbia!

Being a former Brentwood football player this will probably come off a little bit bias but i thought I'd give my two cents in this matter of this rivalry..

Centennial had Brentwood beat four years ago ('03-'04) when they played at Centennial. However, a very questionable run up the gut instead of kneeling the ball with under two minutes to go yielded a fumble and second life for brentwood. They, as most on this thread will know, ended up kicking a field goal to win as time expired. This is, in my opinion, is the lasting symbol and bitter taste most Cougar fans still remember.

Being a member of the most exciting (and for that matter craziest) game between the cougars and bruins also seemed to spark this "NEVER EVER will we lose to Centennial!" attitude. My freshman year, also '03-'04, we defeated Centennial in triple overtime after yet another cougar miscue turned the ball over to our offense with 7 seconds left inside their own 2 yard line. Needless to say we scored and the rest is history (we went 1-7, with that win our only).

But having ties at Centennial too, I do root for them when they play any other region opponent. I like where coach Mat is going with the team and see good things each year, hoping that they can build on them and get to the playoffs soon.

Congrats to the seniors of Brentwood for keeping the streak alive. Now you guys need to focus on your last few games and getting into the playoffs. Keep up the good work!

AC 07

The players (and coaches) were reminded of the fact just this week that the Bruins have never lost to Centennial in football.

The history of the Cougar program has roots into Brentwood history; as when the school was opened, numerous Bruin players opted to go there for a new start- and took along one of their coaches as well. At that point in history, BHS was at the bottom of the pile (having just moved up from 4-A to 5-A and John Ash as their coach), so going to CHS and not winning a game wouldn't be any difference in their minds. That started the "rivalry".

There has been some memorable games, particularly in '02 (Centennial scores in the final minute, but Austen Everson leads a roaring comeback to win the game-while the Cougars were still celebrating going ahead), '03 (Ian Van Horne and 36 others causing a fumble on an all out blitz at CHS, Bruins win on a field goal snatching victory from a brain locked CHS coaching staff), and one of my favorites, the '04 Hurricane Ivan Bowl where Bruce McCurdy passes in the Hurricane to a wide open Brian Heimerdinger for the clinching touchdown when NO one was throwing the ball).

I frankly didn't see this score coming, but it really isn't surprising. Bruins are on a roll and getting it together.

But it is very strange to see this stat: Zero passing yards. WHAT? It has truly come full circle. During the Whittemore years the Bruins had a game where the stat read ZERO running yards.

Either way, take the shortest path to victory. Keep it up Bruins- and thanks for keeping this streak alive.

There is just one more, very important streak to keep going. You know which one it is and you are on the right path.

Good job /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />