Knoxville Catholic vs Fulton

Professor_Falkon

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Professor_Falcon.

Way to come "wit" it. Now that I have read that, I do recall hearing on the radio broadcast that initially all fingers pointed to some kids doing it in the middle of the night; however, when it was found early that brisk morning, there was no dew upon the flag or mast. Double reverse psychology, or simply oooops? We'll never know.

ruse?

ruse?,

Thought you might appreciate that bit of wit. Whether spirited senior prank or motivational message from Fulton coaches, didn't seem to matter as Catholic went on to win the game. Plus: everyone knows, this is not the game that counts. The game that counts is the Playoff game where these two fine teams generally manage to meet again. I have been to a couple of those and there is some serious pad popping in those games.

I think I'll catch this weeks game on TV and if they meet again in the playoffs this year, I fully intend to be there for high school football at it's very best. I believe this may be the year that the Irish finally break through and make it all the way to the state championship. We shall see, still a lot of football to be played and Catholic has already suffered one serious blow losing the Tait kid for the year.

One does have to take in consideration that last year's loss to Catholic at home could have easily turned out differently had it not been for the worst call in football history (Obvious fumble called incomplete pass) that cost us a touchdown and gave them one. Anyways, no flags staked on the field are needed to get ready for a game like this. For Fulton, it's just a matter of pride and showing that the "inner-city" boys can line up and play football with the "privileged" boys from the private school. A lot of the Catholic players were at the game against Kingston on Friday night and were as big of punks as ever, walking around like they were the stuff. A group of Fulton girls painted up were going to take a picture behind them to just joke around and they waved their arms saying "We don't do pictures or autographs". Who wants their autographs? I wanted to turn around and show them my bling (State ring) and say "You don't win State rings either do ya?" But...just kept my cool. I just wish I could suit up Friday night because if you don't get goosebumps thinking about this game then you don't have the desire to win. Sorry, got a little wired up.

With that said, not sure if Fulton has the strength up front this year to counter with the Irish. The O-Line hasn't looked real good the past few weeks, so the Falcons will have to be effective with their passing game, mainly the short game with slants, hitches, and curl patterns. I want to go with my Falcons to win, but have my doubts. IF Blair throws effectively, Fulton by 7. If he's off, Catholic by 7. It's a toss-up.

This game will probably boil down to one of General Neyland's maxims. The team with the fewest mistakes/turnovers will win. This game should be close until the end. I don't see a blowout either way. The loss of Zak Tait may show up big this game both offensively and defensively. Catholic should be fine up front they, just need to minimize any big plays on the Fulton side of the ball and do their normal grind it out job on offense. Catholic has faced several good athletes in the schedule they've played so far and matched up well. I think our schedule has done a good job getting us ready for this game. There won't be any intimidation either way just good tough football. I know the coaches on either side won't need to bring out the flags to get the guys fired up. Still a toss-up either way in my mind.

The loss of Zak Tait doesn't hurt Fulton by any means. He's a big, strong guy and would have caused problems for the Falcons. It always seems like Catholic has depth up-front though, so the trenches could still be problematic for Fulton. The line play and Fulton's ability to throw the football will decide this game.

For Fulton, it's just a matter of pride and showing that the "inner-city" boys can line up and play football with the "privileged" boys from the private school.

This is pretty amusing. Has everyone already forgotten all the talk a few years ago when Catholic moved to 3A? Remember? All those posts about how Fulton and Austin-East would "murder Catholic" and "introduce the preppy rich kids to real football"? Maybe I should dig through the archives and see if they're still there.

This is pretty amusing. Has everyone already forgotten all the talk a few years ago when Catholic moved to 3A? Remember? All those posts about how Fulton and Austin-East would "murder Catholic" and "introduce the preppy rich kids to real football"? Maybe I should dig through the archives and see if they're still there.

Has Catholic ever beaten Fulton or A-E in the playoffs?

Well, this is the game everyone has marked on the calender. I can’t wait to see the Inner-city Protestants lineup against the Catholic Chosen ones. If Fulton can stop the run attack, it should be a good game. Hopefully, Fulton will rise to the occasion and beat the 5 county golden boys.

Don’t be surprised if there is a new X factor dressed & ready for Friday night. The word on the street is that Coatney's got a connection with 1st Baptist on Broadway to give financial aid for the moving expenses of an illegal Mexican place-kicker into a 1 bedroom studio apartment along with his other 7 brother & sisters. I know this sounds a little shady for a protestant-football program to bring in players from out of the zone. I know the coaching staff questioned its moral integrity and thought long and hard about TSSAA ramifications. But then they thought... “WWJD”? As you well know, if you run it through the church, then everything's all right. So thanks to 1st Baptist on Broadway, we might have our own divine intervention Friday night.

As far as my prediction goes, I'm not counting on our little Mexican Kicker named “Jesus” (isn't that ironic). I'll be making my decision right before the Irish take the field.

If the hair on the bagpipe lady's legs can be seen from 20 yards away, then the Irish will be rushing all day. However, if the hair is covered by her cheep plaid stockings, then the protestant falcons will keep on rocking.

Go Falcons!