Elizabethton vs. Tenn HIgh

couch qb

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on depth and coaching, Tennessee High has to be a big time favorite. Elizabethton has plenty of athletes, but I don't think they're coached up enough in the new system to win. At least not against the Vikings. I'd expect this much Cyclones- you'll see the power toss sweep ran right at #88 over and over again. If it's Baker, one of those will be broken wide open.

i for 1 would love to see ths lose but i really think we all will have to wait a watch south do it i dont see that the cyclones has it in their power to do it and i think the cyclones will prob. go scoreless in the 1st half and i dont think anymore than 6 points on the board for them at the end and ths will prob. score more than 28 just my 2cents /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Believe it or not, this game turned on one play. Elizabethton had played toe to toe with the Vikings for the entire first half, trailed 6-0, and had barely missed a field goal. A Cyclone fumble was recovered by THS near mid-field with less than a minute remaining. The Vikings threw a 50 yard touchdown on the next play and that broke the Cyclones. The Vikings then crushed the Cyclones in the second half. I have never seen a quiter crowd in Brown-Childress stadium. Coach Witten kept coaching, but most of the rest of the sideline appeared stunned. Not a pretty night for Betsy, but hopefully they will remember this loss and make something good out of it. Congratulations to Tennessee High and Go Cyclones!!!!!!!

Believe it or not, this game turned on one play. Elizabethton had played toe to toe with the Vikings for the entire first half, trailed 6-0, and had barely missed a field goal. A Cyclone fumble was recovered by THS near mid-field with less than a minute remaining. The Vikings threw a 50 yard touchdown on the next play and that broke the Cyclones. The Vikings then crushed the Cyclones in the second half. I have never seen a quiter crowd in Brown-Childress stadium. Coach Witten kept coaching, but most of the rest of the sideline appeared stunned. Not a pretty night for Betsy, but hopefully they will remember this loss and make something good out of it. Congratulations to Tennessee High and Go Cyclones!!!!!!!

Coach, You are right. And that has been the story this whole year. Vikings start off early taking the first series 98 yards for the score using about 9:00 minutes of clock and then dont score again until with 00:14 seconds left in the half, then come out and blow the second half open. THS "D" looks tough again, and the offensive line doing a great job moving people. This bunch has improved.

EHS needs to figure out if they are playing politics or playing players to get better. Witten needs to do what he wants and not kiss up to anyone because if he does then the program will keep going down.

If you saw the JC Press today Fritz kissed EHS again even getting beat 41-0. He also did not ask why they kicked off to start the game. I guess he was waxing one of the EHS higher ups cars when that was going on. /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />