The best O line in Region 8 2A

GCHOSS76

Now the big guys get over looked alot. But you got to give them credit when credit is due. USJ and JCS have alright o Linemen but the r pass based offenses. Milan and Westview are probaly the top to O lines in the region. Trenton allowded 6 to 7 sacks against GC. Dresden has two hosses on the line. nuimbers 72 and 67 wich r great football players. but two players don't make the o line. You hafta look at Gibson Countys O line. with there O rushing for 1100 in three games you hafta give them some credit. 4 out of 5 of there linemen r 270 n up. with the Center Jeramy Copley probaly being a all stater.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with most of what you say, I am not that impressed with Milan's O Line, They made a lot of changes for the JCS game and I thought it was the worst I have seen them look this year and I am not the only one. Several of the fans were making comments on how the O line should have done better. They moved some the big boys to defense and moved the defense to the O Line. I would have to say the weakest position I saw all night was number 51 for Milan, he took a beating all night.

I agree with most of what you say, I am not that impressed with Milan's O Line, They made a lot of changes for the JCS game and I thought it was the worst I have seen them look this year and I am not the only one. Several of the fans were making comments on how the O line should have done better. They moved some the big boys to defense and moved the defense to the O Line. I would have to say the weakest position I saw all night was number 51 for Milan, he took a beating all night.

i was at the game too and milan's o-line did the best they could with those kids divin at their knees every play. thats the weakest type of football when your kids are so untalented that they are coached to use cheap shots. IMO if you're not man enough to play someone nose to nose then dont play them at all. dont worry though JCS's d-line paid for it all night they were doctorin some pretty bad bruises the next day

i was at the game too and milan's o-line did the best they could with those kids divin at their knees every play. thats the weakest type of football when your kids are so untalented that they are coached to use cheap shots. IMO if you're not man enough to play someone nose to nose then dont play them at all. dont worry though JCS's d-line paid for it all night they were doctorin some pretty bad bruises the next day

Must've only been in the Milan game...They didn't do it at GC but we also ran the ball on them easily

if GC ran the ball so easily on milan why did they get shutout?

I was talking about JCS diving at knees...He said JCS dove at Milan's knees all night...I said must've been only in the Milan game because we ran the ball on them easily...thanks for your brilliance /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I watched the same game and I felt like Both teams played a clean game and showed great sportsmansjip...if you feel differently I am truely sorry...JCS was outsized...and out maned on the line as they are in most games in this region...they did have to go in low to try and clog up the middle but I don't think anyone was diving at knees...

as to the question posed in this thread, I would say Milan and Westview are the two best o Lines I have seen...both very strong atheletic group of guys...can't wait to see the week 10 matchup...should be a good one

Frankly, I"m impressed with the ability to pass protect of both JCS and USJ. Neither are the come off the ball and smash you in the face types like Milan and Westview, but both lines do a good job of doing what the are trying to do. I know the "purists" among you will disagree because "by golly,we didn't do it that way in high school under ole Coach_________[ insert favorite name from way back when]." Pass blocking is HARD to do and takes a lot of work to perfect.

Frankly, I"m impressed with the ability to pass protect of both JCS and USJ.

I would have to agree with you, giving my vote to USJ over JCS. USJ was the stronger of the two.

If I had to vote for a worst blocking O-line, it would be Peabody.

Just to keep this post in line with the rest, I am going to say the words "Milan" and "Gibson County" so they can be in every post on this thread. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="