The best O line in Region 8 2A

GCHOSS76

JCS's line didn't take "cheep shots" or "chop block" I played on the line and i've seen both. They did dive face down on the ground so the linemen couldn't get to the linebackers and the RB had to bounce it. (btownboy, now matter how low you come off you cant get under someone laying on the ground) The most respectable way to play defensive line? no. but they did what they felt they needed to do. It's not the way I would do it but i'm not the coach and no one cares how I would do it. They lost, nobody got hurt all's well that ends well. Both JCS and USJ pass protect well. Milan's line hasne't been playing up to it's potential yet. Maybe they will get it clicking like they're capable this week. I haven't seen Westveiw this year but they apparently have a good line. Cant wait to see them in action. My guess as to who has the better line right now...I call tails.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice you didn't answer my question, but I'll answer yours. Chad Clifton[ Westview], Toby Champion[Humboldt],Will Offenhuesle[Westview], Justin Harrell[Westview] are a few locals that come to mind. Actually, a couple of those are taller than 6'6". Your guards are only 220 lbs.? oooh! What school is this? Now , I've answered your question. Will you answer mine? By the way, I saw a 110 lb. girl knock a 230 lb. drunk out one night, but I don't think she had any upside as a dt.

Yeah you run into those Harrells and Cliftons all the time on the high school field. To answer your question....I would never under no circumstance dive at someones feet. I'd come off the ball under pads every play and what happens happens. And I'm not sure I understand the "Your guards are only 220 lbs.? oooh! What school is this?" remark. Please explain.

Yeah you run into those Harrells and Cliftons all the time on the high school field. To answer your question....I would never under no circumstance dive at someones feet. I'd come off the ball under pads every play and what happens happens. And I'm not sure I understand the "Your guards are only 220 lbs.? oooh! What school is this?" remark. Please explain.

I'm asking what school has the 220 lbs guards. You still haven't answered the other question, but that's okay. I know what the answer is. The good big man wins over the good little man. You said you had NEVER seen any 6'6" 340 lb. lineman in high school. I merely pointed out that they do exist. Where do you think all those college and pro players come from? As to never diving at someone's feet...If you had lined up against Harrell, Clifton,et al. you might have considered that option.

Player, the objective the last time I checked was to get the job done...not hit them in the jaw...as bulldawgdynasty said maybe some wouldn't do it that way, but it is not a cheap shot if the intent is not to injure someone...which no one was...the stradegy of cloging the line is one that like it or not works when you are outsized...we do hit the weight room...year round...but thanks for the suggestion...at the end of the day if you are smaller you find a way to compete...if we were aiming at knees to hurt someone that would be one thing...but to clog the hole maybe not the way you would do it, but not a cheap shot...again if we offended you I apologize...

We recreated are O line after the TCA game. and have dominated every since. Wut people don't know is that. GC didn't have the scrimmages everybody else. We didnt have as much practice as everybody else did. Nobody knows wut we went through this summer and we just now have got to where everybody is in the right positions

Please tell us what quality teams you have dominated since the TCA game? If the offensive line has dominated as you claim, how come your only wins since the TCA game are against West Carroll and Dresden? No offense to those to schools, but I would not include them as upper level teams in West Tennessee. GC played fairly well against Trenton in an in county rivalry game. Otherwise, you have been beaten handily or defeated lower level opponants. Sorry to burst your bubble, but those are the facts.

If, as you say, you have "dominated," why haven't you won? Don't tell me about beating West Carroll and Dresden. Everyone beats them. I ask again. What quality opponent have you "dominated?"

How bout u check out the time possessions for the last four games. against trenton. we had the ball 32 minutes. hows that for domination

How bout u check out the time possessions for the last four games. against trenton. we had the ball 32 minutes. hows that for domination

Is that an average of 32 minutes?

That could very well mean that those teams scored quickly and had disgruntled defensive lines who gave up minutes on a lot of 3rd and 4th down conversions. Been in a lot of games where our Time of Possession was in the teens and still beat the other team by quite a bit. Its not domination by the O-line ... it just meant that the D-line was giving up HUGE 1st Down plays in a quickness and being run off the field, which in turn forces the O-line back out on the field. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Time of possession means absolutely nothing unless you actually WIN the game. The facts of the matter are that your three wins are against Halls, West Carroll, and Dresden. Those teams are not exactly upper level teams. If I were you, I'd stop talking smack on here that you can't back up with facts. Good luck in the rest of your season.

Time of possession means absolutely nothing unless you actually WIN the game. The facts of the matter are that your three wins are against Halls, West Carroll, and Dresden. Those teams are not exactly upper level teams. If I were you, I'd stop talking smack on here that you can't back up with facts. Good luck in the rest of your season.

Watch us this fri. watch who comes to play.