A/AA State Tourney Bound

ERidger

For the record, VBDad, I just think you call 'em as you see 'em. And like you said, everybody's biased...about something. Those that act like they're not are just fakin' it. It may not be right, but it's a fact. It's human nature, but thank God He forgives...'cause I am biased toward blondes and Lady Cats (can ya tell I hate admitting publicly that I have a weakness?...and my wife says I never think I'm wrong... /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> ...but she still loves me! /tongue.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> ).

GBCat2,

Glad you're gonna be 'in da house!!' The 'mommas' are a case...along with the 'sock-in-it lady'...er...woman. In fact, she's probably 'tunin' up' 'bout now. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

GO Lady Cats! /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HEY I WILL SAY IT FOR YOU GREENBRIER IS FOR REAL AND PROBABLY THE ONLY TEAM YOU WILL PLAY THAT HAS 3 GIRLS THAT WILL PLAY BALL AT DIVISION 1 LEVEL. IM NOT BRAGGIN CAUSE THEIR MY SCHOOL BUT THEY ARE A GOOD TEAM. AND YOU HAVE TO RESPECT THAT .

I just want to inform you that Greenbrier is very good! Trust me when I say this, there is only 1 girl on that team that has a shot at playing Division 1 Volleyball. I would like to think that the other 2 may have shot, but I really dont see it.

Just my .02 (again sorry VBD)

Hey FCS1984,

First, I have never seen Greenbrier play, and really only keep up with TN vb through my friends in TN who still have daughters that play and my buddy who used to coach at AC. I am still a HUGE FAN. Who are the three D-1 players? What are the schools? I think this is great.

Good luck to all my TN friends tonight! Pageman, CU I see that Page is back in the show, but no FRO or Notre Dame. Just from reading here on this site and my talks with the dads from AC, Farragut and Oak Ridge who I keep up with, here are my random thoughts that have NO LOGICAL Basis:

Page has a great tradition, and a big player, and should make a run;

Knox Catholic is LOADED with talent and seniors should coast to another final four;

Greenbrier with three D-1 players and apparently a huge fan base should roll;

AC should make their 9th final four appearance in the last 10 years.

I think these 4 teams will be your final four. Page and AC have the tradition, and are used to being at the show. Catholic and Greenbrier have the talent, but little state experience.

Picking a final 2 would be hard. Page is still a year away if the big girl is a soph or junior. GB has had an easier road to go because they have a weak region. AC and KC play in a powerful district with Stone Memorial and CAK, and have a strong region with Seymour. That either will make you tired or battle hard. How the pools will be set out will make the difference. My heart has to pick AC, and they are Regional Champs with a great tourney record and tough schedule, and are one of the best programs in VB. My head says GB and KC have too much talent not to make the finals. Three D-1 players has to be a record for ANY team, not just A/AA. KC has had a great run with these seniors, and great players are tough to come by.

Since I have no money on this, and am wrong most of the time, my thoughts are this...

I am for AC, and any prediction is really stupid, so I won't make any and I hope all of the girls have FUN.

Dark Horse: Boyd B has been knocking on the door and could beat ANY of these teams. DCA and Goodpasture are always strong, and either could be in the finals.

Good luck to everyone.

PS post scores early because after the 3rd inning and the Sox are down 5 I will be indisposed!

I got to see OUR Lady Cats tonight for the first time this season due to work schedules. Actually I probalby could have made other games but I never have kept up with the schedules. It took me a bunch of years to figure out that every Friday night there's a football game /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> j/k.

The Lady Cats have got something special. I don't think I saw those girls break a sweat tonight, and they are so calm and cool under pressure. It's great to see them smile even when they have a miss.

The celebration was something after the game, 5Sport....and I wouldn't have missed seeing the coach do a flip. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> I don't know which one is yours, but they are ALL good. Those girls will make it stick this year. They want it bad but make it look so easy.

Way to go Lady Cats! Stay /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> .

Oh and 5Sport...I saw that "sock lady". /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> She gets us going at the football games too. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I just want to inform you that Greenbrier is very good! Trust me when I say this, there is only 1 girl on that team that has a shot at playing Division 1 Volleyball. I would like to think that the other 2 may have shot, but I really dont see it.

Just my .02 (again sorry VBD)

Are you actually a D-1 recruiter? What an arrogant (no,ignorant) remark!

Not to make anybody mad, but I don't see THREE D1s. I see 2...and for some reason they favor each other. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

On this team, I do see a larger number of lower echelon college players, if they chose to go that route. I also see three or four starters on the basketball team, and the starting 2nd base, SS and 3rd base on the softball team that went to State last year. We're loooa-ded with athletes! And some are very sholarly, too.

Not to make anybody mad, but I don't see THREE D1s. I see 2...and for some reason they favor each other. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

On this team, I do see a larger number of lower echelon college players, if they chose to go that route. I also see three or four starters on the basketball team, and the starting 2nd base, SS and 3rd base on the softball team that went to State last year. We're loooa-ded with athletes! And some are very sholarly, too.

I haven't watched nearly as long as you have 5Sport, but the height on some of our girls is amazing...2/3 legs! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

And the twins are very good, but it's something to watch the way the whole team anticipates each others plays. They are FUN to watch!

AND they are very, very scholarly..... /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Announcements