The Watauga Conference

CDHSKNIGHTS34

From what I have read in the paper, the Dobner kid looks to be pretty good but I am surprised no one has talked about Ottinger. It looks as though Chuckey Doak would have been a contender with Ottinger. Add Dobner and they have a solid chance of going to State

I am a 2000 GHS graduate, my mom is a North Greene Graduate, I grew up in the Chuckey Doak school district, and I graduated from Tusculum College. Does that make me a snob-hick-redneck?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I have read in the paper, the Dobner kid looks to be pretty good but I am surprised no one has talked about Ottinger. It looks as though Chuckey Doak would have been a contender with Ottinger. Add Dobner and they have a solid chance of going to State

I am a 2000 GHS graduate, my mom is a North Greene Graduate, I grew up in the Chuckey Doak school district, and I graduated from Tusculum College. Does that make me a snob-hick-redneck?

and an educated one too /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

TODAYS GAMES

Chuckey Doak 62 Sullivan North 57

Johnson Co. 60 Happy Valley 49

Unicoi Co. 63 Elizabethton 58

Not every game, but conference games.

actual scores were--->

johnson county 68 - happy valley 36

unicoi 56 - elizabethton 47

chuckey doak 57 - sullivan north 46

/motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />

looks like the only 2 teams left with no conference losses on their record. This is the first conference game after the new year. should be a good one!! whats your thoughts on this game?

A bloody dogfight. I'll elaborate when Johnson County is the next Blue Devil opponent. Neither side can afford to overlook a team while waiting on this match-up.

Watauga represented well in the NET basketball

Boys Top 10

1. Dobyns-Bennett (9-1): A last-second shot allowed the Indians to escape at Sullivan East on Friday, 66-64, and they won easily at Tennessee High on Tuesday, 63-45, and at Pikeville, Ky., on Saturday, 69-54, to run their winning streak with eight straight. Their only game this week will be at home against Sullivan South on Wednesday. Then it will be onto the Arby's Classic to play pre-tourament favorite Columbia High School of Decatur, Ga., on Dec. 26. The showdown with Science Hilll comes on the road Jan. 4.

Next Up: Sullivan South at home Wednesday.

2. Science Hill (9-1): The Hilltoppers won on the road at Daniel Boone on Tuesday, 63-46, and then at Tennessee High on Friday, 69-51, to stay unbeaten in Big 9 play. This week, the Hilltoppers head to South Florida to play in the Kruel Classic, a nationally renowned tournament where they will take on Proviso East of Illinois in their opening game on Wednesday at 12:30 p.m. The tournament is played in South Florida at Coral Springs near Miami. Nine of the 16 teams in the tournament are from Florida, while there are two from New York, and one each from Colorado, Illinois, North Carolina, Tennessee and Canada. Next Up: Proviso East in Kruel Classic on Wednesday. If they win that game, they will meet the winner of Coral Glades, Fla., and St. Dominic, N.Y. in the second round on Thursday. CSS will televise the championship game on Saturday at 8 p.m.

3. Sullivan East (11-3): The Patriots beat David Crockett on Tuesday, 62-43, and Abingdon on Saturday, 72-43, but lost a heartbreaker to Dobyns-Bennett on Friday, 66-64. The Patriots will have a chance to avenge one of their three losses Thursday when they host Virginia High, which upset them 63-62 back on Dec. 1.

Next Up: Host Virginia High on Thursday and then plays in the Arby's Classic on Dec. 26 against Tabernacle Baptist at 1 p.m.

4. Hampton (5-3): The Bulldogs beat Harriman in their opener at a tournament at Unaka on Friday, 85-62, but then lost to Grace Christian of Knoxville on Saturday, 68-62. Their big win was an upset of Unicoi County. They will be tested by Johnson County on Tuesday.

Next Up: Host Johnson County on Tuesday and play at Happy Valley on Friday.

5. Unicoi County (10-2): The Blue Devils beat Elizabethton, 56-47, in their only game last week to improve to 4-0 in the Watauga Conference. They host Volunteer on Friday and David Crockett on Saturday.

Next Up: Host Volunteer on Friday.

6. Greeneville (8-4): The Greene Devils beat Sullivan Central on Monday, 69-46, but got blindsided by IMAC last-place team Jefferson County on Friday, 40-38.

Next Up: They host Elizabethton on Tuesday and Tullahoma on Saturday before playing in the Arby's Classic where they open against Urspring Germany on Dec. 26 at 2:30 p.m.

7. Chuckey-Doak (9-1): The Black Knights beat Sullivan North last Monday, 57-46, in their only game of the week. They play at Cloudland on Monday in their only game this week.

Next Up: Play at Cloudland on Monday.

8. Volunteer (4-3): The Falcons won at Sullivan South on Friday, 72-60, and won at Lee High School in Virginia on Saturday, 81-77, but lost at Cherokee on Tuesday, 49-46 and that kept them from rising too far.

Next Up: Play Daniel Boone at home Tuesday and then meet Unicoi in the Trailblazer Classic at Boone on Friday and Elizabethton in the doubleheader on Saturday.

9. Johnson County (6-3): The Longhorns join the rankings this week. They are 4-0 in the Watauga and tied with Unicoi County for first place. They beat Happy Valley on Tuesday, 68-36, and Elizabethton on Friday, 56-33. They play at Hampton on Tuesday in a tough non-conference game.

Next Up: at Hampton on Tuesday in their only game of the week.

10. Tennessee High (6-6): The Vikings lost at home to Dobyns-Bennett on Tuesday, 63-45, and to Science Hill on Friday, 69-51. They play at Sullivan Central on Friday in their only game before hosting the Arby's Classic next week when they meet Archbishop Carroll of Washington, D.C. in their opener on Dec. 26 at 5:30 p.m.

Next Up: Play at Sullivan Central on Friday.

Johnson county plays unicoi the 3rd then turn around and play chuckey doak.. thats a hard stretch if you ask me... play #1 then #3 which to be honest all these teams are pretty even... but Johnson county will beat unicoi by 6... then i think when they play CDHS it will be a overtime game.. CD by 1 or 2.. which that will set up a 3 way tie for first...

Watauga teams are 3-11 against Big 9 teams. Wins by Unicoi (over Sullivan East and Daniel Boone) and Chuckey Doak (over Volunteer) Unicoi lost to Science Hill by 5. The win/loss record is skewed abit I think due to the fact that Happy Valley is 0-5 against Big 9 teams. Here is how every one has fared.

Unicoi 2-1 (wins= Sullivan East, Daniel Boone Losses= Science Hill)

Chuckey Doak 1-0 (win= Volunteer)

Elizabethton 0-2 (losses= Sullivan East, Tn High)

Sullivan North 0-2 (losses= Sullivan East, Sullivan South)

West Greene 0-1 (loss to Sullivan Central)

Happy Valley 0-5 (losses= Tn High, Sullivan South, David Crockett, and Daniel Boone twice)

Watauga teams are 3-3 against IMAC teams and 7-4 against Watauga Valley teams.

All in all not to bad. And Unicoi, Chuckey Doak, and Johnson County are very deserving of their spot in the NET Top 10