Lewis Co. vs Hickman Co part 2

footballguy

I think that both teams played hard and it was a great game for the fans. Hats off to HC for bringing a great crowd(a little over 4,000 was the final gate count according to the LC administration). I also believe that both teams could make some noise in the playoffs. I've seen Camden, Milan and I believe that either teams can be very competitive and have a chance to beat them (no disrespect because I think Camden is the best coached team in West Tn). Let's come together and pull for our region in the playoffs. AGAIN, GREAT GAME THANKS TO BOTH TEAM FOR THE EMOTION.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the early 90 Loretto games were very close and the D'lipscomb playoff game the year they won it all was larger than people realize. To answer your question, if not the largest then one of the top 5 ( in the new stadium) The first game on the field was against HC and it was a huge crowd.

congrats lewis. the refs were awful tonight not one sided but just plain ignorant. i dont know what the deal was but they couldn't figure out where to put the ball 3 or 4 different times tonight i think once the actually didn't get it right this was after a conference with the other refs. dont think it had that much of an affect on the outcome. hickman was very classy well all except #5 man what is that guys deal he ran his mouth after almost every snap im sure our guys were chirpin to but even when he got ran over after our tailback had a 12 yard run he got up yappin but that is part of the game. oh well still a good game and good sportsmanship for the most part. glad to have a region rival again. good luck to both.

hey hickman county about time we taught yal to shut your mouths i was about tired of hearing yal were goin to beat us when yall never really even had a chance but good luck

I was going to congratulate LC on their win, but when I see stuff like this I just get sick. I have read through some of the past posts and some are really good and CLASSY. Let me just add to some of them.

1. I agree the officiating was terrible. Why does it take so long to make a call. What was up with the refs? They definately gave the LC defense their chance to rest.

2. LC definately beat the Hickman offense. And the HC offense did not help themselves. They did not even look like the HC offense.

3. Yes HC fans left in the 4th quarter. My entire family was tired of standing and our children could not even get anything to eat. We left because our children were hungry not because we were getting beat. And we tried all the concession stands at one point. Next time, I'll be sure to grab some food in HC and take it to the game with us. And let me add that the bathrooms were terrible. Before the game started the womens restroom was out of toilet tissue, but hey I got to go before we left and there was tp in all the stalls. Come on, be prepared when you know there is a big crowd coming.

4. Anyway, hope we get to meet again soon. Congrats to the LC defense they played a good game and were able to stop the HC offense.

5. Oh ya, how is number 17, saw him limping off the field as we left.

what a game, their had to be at least 3 or 4 thousand people at the game, hickman county brought the house, hickman county has a great team, lewis county did a great job of containing hickman countys speed, lewis countys offensive and defensive line controlled the line of scrimmage,,good luck to the dawgs, and congrats to my alma mater LEWIS COUNTY .PANTHER PRIDE !

They have been doing it since week 0. That was the biggest difference in our game. They just controlled the line. Congratulations LC.

Made the drive to Hohenwald to watch the Lewis Co - Hickman Co game - and what a great game. Other than a couple of miscues in the first quarter, neither team really dominated the other. The game was a LOT closer than the score makes it seem.

Some observations (and let it be noted I'm a completely disinterested observer - I could care less who won and lost):

1. If the TSSAA has some kind of review process for officials, they need to implement it on the crew that officiated tonight. They had to be the most incompetent crew in the state of Tennessee. Not biased that I could tell - but they looked waaaayyy too confused to be referring a high school game.

2. Thought it was pretty bad that HC's fans started leaving midway through the 4th quarter - by the end of the game, probably 35-40 percent had left. If you are going to support your team, then stay for the whole game.

3. For the guy on the other thread that mouthed off and said he'd be running the downs marker during the game - I don't know if you were intentionally trying to screw HC those two times tonight, but due to the clueless refs, you pretty much pulled it off. Either wait for the ref to tell you when to move, or find someone else to do the job - because you aren't cutting it.

4. The LC defensive line won the game - no ifs, ands, or buts.

Again, a great game and worth the drive. Wish every high school game was this good.

You need to talk to hickman co coaches . they were on my side i never moved till i was told to & it only happened twice . with the end result being the ball being spoted where it supposed to be to start with . the only thing that come of it was your offence got a a chance to catch there breath and the coach got to talk with them & put in a play while the refs tried to figure out there blunder. so talk to any coach on the sideline ask them what happend before accuesing me. we never move till were told to. done this for years not our first rodeo & WOULD NEVRER DO ANYTHING TO INFLUENCE A GAME ! my hat's off to your coaches & players lot of class .when your on the other teams sideline you hear alot of trash talking .but not from this team great bunch of guys great coaching staff.

This was a closer game than what the score showed, Hickman County just couldn't capitalize in key situations.

As I said in an earlier post, the Defensive line played great, and I am sure that was a big difference maker.

Those key matchups went as follows

Greve v. Sowell....... Greve out rushed Sowell and played a great game at defensive end. Sowell look a little skiddish in the third quarter.

Tenison v. Grimes....... Grimes, had a BIG return early, He made some good tackles but they were usually up field about 5-10 yards. He made some very good plays against the pass, but just couldn't finish them off. Tenison fumbled twice on special teams and let his emotions to start getting the best of him, I thought I would see more action out of these two.

Oh Yea, Marcus was also run over( Flat Backed ) for the second year in a row, this time by the quaterback, not Hatton like last year.

Crowell v. Key..... I thought Key would get to play alot more than what he did on offense but on Defense he was not a big factor, Crowell had two rushing touchdowns and knocked down a pass in the first quarter. CROWELL

With that, good luck to the Bulldogs. I hope Swenson gets his wish to host Huntingdon this year. I think Hickman County can dominate some teams come playoff time.

Congrats tom LC Panthers... A team effort , and the defense showed up as usual to do it's part,, clock control, turnovers, were the key to this game.. and the awesome defensive line stands.... I thought HC would give the LC it's biggest game of the season and it did ... but i still thought we would win by at least two TD'S and we did hats off for a clean and classy played game to both teams ... good luck in the playoffs.. unless you play us...lol