CSAS or Grace.. Who wins Region

Wildcatcoach

Temple probably already has...

I am sorry, but I had to say it. I apologize deeply. It is late and I just couldn't resist.

On a serious note and on topic...

this will be a great district this year. it will be a shootout between CSAS, Temple and Grace. One team will not go to region.

I, like dadoffour, am really looking forward to basketball.

Actually, I think you mean this will be a great REGION this year. CSAS is in a different district than Grace and Temple. I also think that 21st Century and South Pittsburg will surprise some people. Silverdale also has a chance to make it interesting.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

csas has the best talent and personel in the state at the A level. coaching however is a D-. like last year there coach is goin to find a way to blow the big game

Sounds like a sour grapes player to me.....Coach Dragoo is one of the best coaches in Tennessee. His teams win consistently year in and year out.

Sounds like a sour grapes player to me.....Coach Dragoo is one of the best coaches in Tennessee. His teams win consistently year in and year out.

granted csas had their run in the state but they had probably the worst win/loss ratio in the tournament and the other teams were probably surprised that their athletic abiltiy was better than their schedule showed and when a team is inconsistant like that, it's usually the coach's fault, not the players. the players got them to the state not the coach.

granted csas had their run in the state but they had probably the worst win/loss ratio in the tournament and the other teams were probably surprised that their athletic abiltiy was better than their schedule showed and when a team is inconsistant like that, it's usually the coach's fault, not the players. the players got them to the state not the coach.

Sounds like sour grapes to me too. Let me guess a bitter Temple supporter?

Seriously, with the exception of last year, Dragoo's teams have always under performed since the early 90's. They have been loaded many times and come up short in the tourney.

Seriously, with the exception of last year, Dragoo's teams have always under performed since the early 90's. They have been loaded many times and come up short in the tourney.

you have lost your mind if you really believe that. there is only one CSAS team since the early 90's that has underperformed and that was the 10th ranked team in 1994-95 season who lost in the district tournament. check your history book look at the 98 team that moved up to AA and went to sub-state last year's team was not expected to get out of the region. please back up your argument if you are going to go out on a limb like that

you have lost your mind if you really believe that. there is only one CSAS team since the early 90's that has underperformed and that was the 10th ranked team in 1994-95 season who lost in the district tournament. check your history book look at the 98 team that moved up to AA and went to sub-state last year's team was not expected to get out of the region. please back up your argument if you are going to go out on a limb like that

I'm not saying it's Dragoo's fault, but CSAS does usually seem to under-achieve. Before last year they only had 1 state appearance, in 1991. Of all the schools in the single-A state tourney last year, theirs had the largest enrollment, and their school was way larger than most. With all the students to choose from and all the talent they get, you would think they would have no trouble dominating their district.

This coming season seems to be theirs for the taking. Will they live up to their potential?

I'm not saying it's Dragoo's fault, but CSAS does usually seem to under-achieve. Before last year they only had 1 state appearance, in 1991. Of all the schools in the single-A state tourney last year, theirs had the largest enrollment, and their school was way larger than most. With all the students to choose from and all the talent they get, you would think they would have no trouble dominating their district.

This coming season seems to be theirs for the taking. Will they live up to their potential?

CSAS moved up to AA at somepoint during the mid 90's and was one of the smallest schools in AA. In 98 CSAS played your State Championship Crusaders and smoked them by like 30 I do believe.

While in AA they advanced to the Sub-State twice.

Since back in Single A they havent lost a District game in two years, and the closest game in District was maybe 17pts.

And someone else was saying how Coach Dragoo has under-achieved at CSAS. They have won 20 games a year for atleast the last 10yrs. He has had only one loosing season in 18 years at CSAS.

He has GRADUATED every player that has come through the program, and I would say close to 95% of those have gone on to GRADUATE college. SO lets see, he has won games with these kids, and made MEN out of them (many of them who dont have a father in their life) SO if you really think he has under achieved then maybe you should get your priorities in line.

what in the h does that have to do with anything that they have larger enrollment than anyone in the tournament last year. they were never ranked in the top 10 so it's not like they were expected to get there.. you do realize that the year after they went to the finals in 91 they moved up to AA. The 98 sub state team had just moved up from single a some one please tell when they have underachieved you all are killing me with thise blanket statements with nothing to back them up

CSAS moved up to AA at somepoint during the mid 90's and was one of the smallest schools in AA. In 98 CSAS played your State Championship Crusaders and smoked them by like 30 I do believe.

While in AA they advanced to the Sub-State twice.

Since back in Single A they havent lost a District game in two years, and the closest game in District was maybe 17pts.

And someone else was saying how Coach Dragoo has under-achieved at CSAS. They have won 20 games a year for atleast the last 10yrs. He has had only one loosing season in 18 years at CSAS.

He has GRADUATED every player that has come through the program, and I would say close to 95% of those have gone on to GRADUATE college. SO lets see, he has won games with these kids, and made MEN out of them (many of them who dont have a father in their life) SO if you really think he has under achieved then maybe you should get your priorities in line.

Not losing a district game in that district is not something to brag about.

I would have expected every kid to graduate, your basically a private school without paying tutition.

Not losing a district game in that district is not something to brag about.

I would have expected every kid to graduate, your basically a private school without paying tutition.

CSAS is no where near a private school. It is a magnet school. there is a difference. the curriculum is no different from any other public school. there are kids at CSAS who could not get into private schools. And not losing a district game in two years IS something to brag about regardless of how easy the competition may be