CSAS or Grace.. Who wins Region

Wildcatcoach

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not as much selfishness, as people not knowing their roles/ parameters and being required to play within them.

I would agree with that statement. In the games I saw it did not seem like the kids were selfish, but more like they were really undisciplined on the offensive end. They were too many possessions where they came down the floor and took a shot without anyone ever making a pass. I am not saying that it has to be old-school like Hoosiers where the coach makes them pass seven times before taking a shot, because for the most part that is an outdated way of playing, but they are way too skilled and talented to jack up a bad shot without even initiating an offense.

I wondered if they even ran an offense after seeing a couple of their games last year...

Two thoughts.

1.) If you want to see a team that really works together, look at CSAS. They are very unselfish on offense and always look to make the extra pass. This is a testament to the players buying into the system.

2.) Grace Academy has a fine coach who is very knowledgeable about the game of basketball.

I believe Grace will when the region and return to state. The guards were very young and really didnt know how to manage a game. Which should have been very easy to figure out with 6'10 and 6' 8 on the floor. The coach will hopefully be able to coach these kids up and teach them how to win. I just think they have too much inside not to advance to state in A ball. If they dont it will be the biggest underachieving team I have seen in a long time. I think they get it done. Just my opinion.

what are you talking about I could give you a long list of former players that Dragoo still has a gret relationship with many years after they graduated he hasnt burned any bridges and he has worked to get kids in college. If he burned so many bridges then why is he coaching staff full of his former players?.... think before you start typing. You must be a former player who was garbage and never played...

I have never been a player for any team. with that said, and you seem to know everything about that school(i'm assuming you went there) i'd like to ask where any of the coaching staff of "former players" went to college on a basketball scholarship and oh yeah... his son doesn't count.

you digressed from my question... where is/are his players playing college ball? good coachs not only win but promote players to the next level of the game. where are those players?

I have never been a player for any team. with that said, and you seem to know everything about that school(i'm assuming you went there) i'd like to ask where any of the coaching staff of "former players" went to college on a basketball scholarship and oh yeah... his son doesn't count.

You seem to be an unhappy person, maybe a little lonely, disoriented, don't have a place to fit in. Come out and support the Patriots of CSAS. We are the most diverse school, accepting of everyone. Hating (guessing from your name this is an emotion you feel toward the Patriots, past and present) is such a sad emotion. Come down to a game at East Third Street and let us welcome you into the family. You don't want to go through life being a "hater" now do you?

You seem to be an unhappy person, maybe a little lonely, disoriented, don't have a place to fit in. Come out and support the Patriots of CSAS. We are the most diverse school, accepting of everyone. Hating (guessing from your name this is an emotion you feel toward the Patriots, past and present) is such a sad emotion. Come down to a game at East Third Street and let us welcome you into the family. You don't want to go through life being a "hater" now do you?

thank you for your concern but i am well aware of my feelings and am quite happy with them. i'm honestly trying to help you guys out. i see lots of potential there and i don't think that the coaching is up to par.

Porter Roberts-Purdue, George Hudgins-Drexel, Carlos Clark-Holy Cross, Moses Lindsey-Okaloosa-Walton/Walters State, Kenny Mobley-Roane State/St. Angelos St., Justin Cambric-Roane State, Javan Martin-Lee/Milligan, Zach Dragoo-UTC, James Chapman-King College/Bluefield, Rodney Marsh-Hiwassee, Martell Powell-Bluefield. That is eleven who played college basketball in 17 years and I am sure there are some more that I can dig up if you want me too. They also have at least 3 seniors this year that will play college basketball. I would say that record is better than any other team in Chattanooga over Dragoo's tenure.