Official Mr. Football Thread: 4A & 5A

CoachT

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CoachT, Is it OK to do DII nominations in here as well? If not, please feel free to delete my post.

For DII-A back of the year I'll give you 3 nominations and all 3 are deserving, in my opinion.

1. H.R. Greer- Sr.- 6-0 215lb TB/LB- SBEC- H.R. has led Shelby-Metro (all classes) in rushing much of the year for the 7-1 Trojans....1st in DII with 1,245 yards through 8 games; avg 8.1 YPC; 21 TDs; 20 rushing, 1 receiving, 126 pts scored leads Shelby-Metro (all classes). Also plays most snaps on defense at DE/LB very effectively.

2. Marlon Brown- Jr.- 6-5 200lb WR/S- Harding- Leading Shelby-Metro (all classes) in receiving as of a couple of weeks ago with over 600 yds. As of right now, I know he has over 1,100 yards combined rushing and receiving...maybe more...stats are incomplete. 17 TDs: 9 rushing, 6 receiving, 2 returns. He's key as a kick returner and is a solid defender in the defensive backfield as well.

3. Grant Jessen- Sr.- 6-0 195lb RB/LB- St. George's- He appears to be the heart of soul of the best DII-A team in the state (8-0 right now). 817 yds rushing through 8 games. Avg of 7.9 YPC. He returns punts and kickoffs and has 15 TDs...also a stalwart at LB on defense.

Anyone feel free to elaborate further if I've left off anything key.

Is this kid a better QB than BJ Coleman? I haven't seen either one play. Did he receive an offer from UT? Can he lead his team to a playoff victory over Burnette and his Maryville Rebels and advance to the State Title Game? He must be pretty good to get a Big Ten offer. The Hillsboro running back also has a Big Ten offer.

well for the sake of it i think that the states mr football in 5 a is dominque allen from henry county high school he is very skillful player so thats my take on the situation he is great and hope to see everone at the game friday night

GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brent Burnette QB - Maryville High School probably 17/18 years old, I don't know, I do know he is a senoir and the best high school QB that I have ever seen play. This kid knows how to throw the ball with precision, possesses football savvy and guts. He knows how to win. George Quarles you must be very proud of your protege. From reliable sources I have been told this kid is a leader always promoting his teammates and coaches. Yes Coach Quarles your record speaks for its self. Hard working - good coaching - outstanding seasons. Be proud.

I'm not sure about Andre Sterling but there is a back in West TN that has the all the tools Size 6'1 , 210 and speed 4.5 and natural ability that i have not seen in many years in the state of TN. Travis Simpson at Millington Central High School. This kid went for close to 1500 yds as a Junior and will easily reach that again even though he has hardly logged any minutes in the second half of a ball game this year. He is a got to see of course there is a lot more Middle and East TN chatter than west TN so most of you probably want have the opportunity to see unless makes a run out of West TN this year which it seems they are primed to do. Remember this, Millington is a wing T so Travis Simpson is splitting carries with two other back and only playing about one half per game. Don't forget about this player he is a nightmare for any defense.

Phillips and Coleman are two entirely different types of quarterbacks. Phillips is more of a dual threat and Coleman is a pocket passer. I've seen Coleman make throws that some NFL quarterbacks can't make. If David Cutcliffe hand-picked Coleman out of everyone else in the country, that's good enough for me. Cut knows a thing or two about quarterbacks.

Deundre Williams 4a back Brighton High

THrough 8 games

208 carries 1594 yds That is a 7.66 yard per carry average. He is averaging 199 yards per game rushing with a toatl of 16 Tds

Biggest Game was against Munford

34 carries 308 yds and 4 TD

Also has a 85 yd kickoff return for TD

Also Chris Bradley as a LB

THrough 8 games he has 104 Tackles

1 INt and been involved in 3 fumbles. Also has 2 qb sacks

well for the sake of it i think that the states mr football in 5 a is dominque allen from henry county high school he is very skillful player so thats my take on the situation he is great and hope to see everone at the game friday night

GO PATS!!!!!!!!!!!!

"pssst"... Hey DUUUUDe Henry County is in 4A"