Official Mr. Football Thread: 4A & 5A

CoachT

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Aaron Douglas from Maryville should repeat as the 4A Mr Football for linemen. He's become a lot more versatile at the TE position than last year.

Also, Brent Burnette (Maryville QB) should be a finalist for the best back. His stats through week 8 are below:

Comp-Att-Int: 119-172-4

Comp% 69.2%

Yards: 1853

TDs: 18

The answer to your question is yes. Nothing negative on Coleman who is a great player.

Phillips is the next Tebow.

Completely agree. This kid is amazing. As great a career/season as some of the other deserving players have had, Phillips is the top dog, with second place being off in the distance. Just the truth.

As far as Maryville goes, this is a team game and Maryville does kinda have a bit of a program built down there if anyone hasn't noticed. But, if any one player can lead a team over the mighty Maryville Rebels, it's Phillips. The rest of the Sullivan South Rebels aren't too bad either /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> .

Oh, by the way, Phillips finished Friday Night's game with 140 yards rushing and four TDs on the ground. He hit six receivers en route to 11-for-16 passing, 240 yards and three TDs. Did I mention this was ALL BEFORE HALFTIME!! /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Andre' Sterling. He has everything. Speed, strength, agility, vision, hands, etc. He can carry the pile for ten feet, or blow right by you. His performance against WB is the best i've ever seen by a high school back. It's hard to believe teams can put 8 in the box and he still gets 200 yards pretty much every game like its nothing. I would have to say that he is much better now then Spencer Guilmire was his senior year. His numbers are now 1,648 yards on 200 carries and 20 TD's. He's also been pulled out of the game twice this year during the second quarter due to the amount by which Farragut was winning, so who knows how many yards he could have piled up in those games.

I have not seen spurlock from Riverdale but from what I have heard he has to be up there. I also agree that Sterling from Farragut should win it. He is a great running back that should defintley be playing on saturdays. As for kicker I think Kase Whitehead has to be close to the top. He is on of the most consistent punters I have seen.

I think that Amius Smith from Kenwood High School should be a candidate. He has led Kenwood to there best start in school history. He plays both ways and has stood out on both sides. He is easily the best Qb in region 6-4A and the best DB in the region also. His stats may not be padded like some guys, but he has very solid numbers. Without Amius as Kenwood's QB Kenwood would not be in the playoff hunt.

I think that Amius Smith from Kenwood High School should be a candidate. He has led Kenwood to there best start in school history. He plays both ways and has stood out on both sides. He is easily the best Qb in region 6-4A and the best DB in the region also. His stats may not be padded like some guys, but he has very solid numbers. Without Amius as Kenwood's QB Kenwood would not be in the playoff hunt.

I would also have to nominate Robert Myck as the lineman of the year for 4A. He has been a stalwart on a pretty solid O-line. He too goes both ways. He cloggs up the middle on runs, and occupies blockers so the Ends and linebackers can get the sacks. The Runner-Up in the heavyweight devision of the AAA wrestling tourney last year as a junior should be a favorite for this award.