Official Mr. Football Thread: 4A & 5A

CoachT

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dominique Allen after 9 games has like 110 carries for 970 yards and 23 touchdowns

Marsalis Teague has rushed for 900 yards averaging over 10 yards a carry and thrown for 900 yards with 10 tds and 1 int

Lamar Theus at DT is a force for all offensive lines who have faced him

all of these are Henry coutny players.

Cordarious Mann is another back that has to be considered for the running back spot, Jackson Northside

Samm Shutt of hardin coutny is one of the states top recievers.

Cordarious Mann - North Side High School

1856 yards on around 250 carries

Did this against a very tough schedule

He is also a fine young man. No ego. Every run and touchdown he makes looks just the same it doesnt matter if its a one yard touchdown or a 90 yarder. He just gets up and flips the ball to the official.

well i like to go by what they mean to there team, if they were taken away from thier team, would their team fall off the deep end, and i like to look at stats, i dont like to look at their rankings in the nation, or who they have offers from, i would like to see Tim Benford from Red Bank atleast be invited, he means so much to his team, has put up great numbers, and has just taken over a few games for them this year and carried them on his shoulders, but there are so many great high school players!

I would also have to nominate Robert Myck as the lineman of the year for 4A. He has been a stalwart on a pretty solid O-line. He too goes both ways. He cloggs up the middle on runs, and occupies blockers so the Ends and linebackers can get the sacks. The Runner-Up in the heavyweight devision of the AAA wrestling tourney last year as a junior should be a favorite for this award.

I agree with this one. Kenwoods Robert Myck has grown up so much since he has started in this program. He is now 6'2" 295 lbs. He is one of the strongest kids in Region 6-4A. One of the best in the state in heavyweight wrestling. If i am not mistaken, he is the best lineman on the team. Started varsity since a freshman. Starts Center. and Somewhere on The D-line. it seems like he plays end sometimes. But i am pretty sure he starts at DT. According to the local Newspaper he leads thier D-line in tackles and also another impressive stat is that the knights d-line has more tackles then thier linebackers. So this young man should be taken into consideration.

well i like to go by what they mean to there team, if they were taken away from thier team, would their team fall off the deep end, and i like to look at stats, i dont like to look at their rankings in the nation, or who they have offers from, i would like to see Tim Benford from Red Bank atleast be invited, he means so much to his team, has put up great numbers, and has just taken over a few games for them this year and carried them on his shoulders, but there are so many great high school players!

Rhea County has a couple of individuals who should be up for consideration.

#1. 4A Lineman of the year Brandon McLeroy Right Guard, Rhea has rushed for over 2400 yards. Somebody has to be doing something up front. 3 Year starter, All Stater last year and Outstanding lineman in the region last year. 6' 4" 302 lbs. Has a couple of offers already with some other bigger schools still in the mix. UTC and Jacksonvile State from Alabama already have offered. Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, Indiana, Michigan State, Auburn, Western Kentucky, Austin Peay along with many others are still in the picture.

#2 Kicker of the Year Josh Davis 22 punts for 952 yards. 43.3 yards average, 41.9 net avg. Long of 64 yards. 10 punts inside the 20. Rhea has only had 31 yards in returns against them. Hang time and placement are the key. Davis is also 2-2 in field goals and 9-10 in extra points since taking over the kicking chores also. All Region and Best of the Preps last year. Led Chattanooga Area in punting. Is either 1-2 this year. Named top junior punter at Carol White Kicking camp at Auburn University this past summer. Been invited to Michigan State and Duke already as a junior. Other schools interested are Indiana, Georgia Tech, Stanford and Purdue along with many others.

#3 4A Back of the Year Julian Sharp Tailback, 187 carries for 1387 yards. 15 TD's, 8 games over 100 yards.

High game of 276 yards vs Cleveland. Dependable blocker who also catches the ball well. Recruiting interest starting to pick up. Could be a diamond in the rough. High potential for this back.

5A Lineman_LB Derenik Culbreath-Millington. Has only played two full ball games and 3 quarters in two other ball games. Otherwise he has only played the first half because Millington has been so dominant on the defensive side of the ball. He has 53 solo tackles, 18 assists, 17 tackles for loss, 3 sacks, 1 FF and 1 FR. For only playing the equivalent of 6 full ball games, I would say that is mighty impressive!

Just curious... Andre Sterling went over the 2000yd mark tonight against Oak Ridge with a 280yard 3TD performance. Does any other 5A back have that many yards? I think he also has 25-26TDs. I believe Sterling actually has over 2100yards now. He had around 1830 something going into the game...

So my question is. What is next closest back in terms of yards or does anyone have more?

Ladarius Verge of Riverdale just keeps convincing me...a PLAYMAKER, simply put. this guy doesnt dissapoint.

keep in mind this is a guy whose one of my better friends, i played 2 years with him and he's been starting for 3 years. i honestly couldnt throw his name out there if i didnt think he was a beyond worthy candidate. with 2 years under him, people expected him to just maintain, he's gone above and beyond. he is MUCH more athletic this year dropping some weight and gaining some speed. like i said if he's in the game, count on him to make a play