Johnson County vs. Sullivan East

headhunter13

talking about our field - you're right it's crapy looked great at the begining of the season, buy by the time the high school team got to play on it it was crapy. it's not the boys fault, it's the only field in the county and all the youth leagues play on it plus the middle school

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

talking about our field - you're right it's crapy looked great at the begining of the season, buy by the time the high school team got to play on it it was crapy. it's not the boys fault, it's the only field in the county and all the youth leagues play on it plus the middle school

South has Warriors Park and Patrick Henry. Bristol has the race track. East has South Holston Lake. But J County has "Gods Country"! Watauga Lake and the mountains. That place is beautiful. Any of you see the original town of "Butler" back in '86 when they drained the lakes? Awesome!

When was the HS built? After the darn was built? That would be around 1954. Never been to the field.

J County has the better offense. Defense would be about even. The kicking game goes to Prudhome. Caleb Looney is faster than Leonard. Leonard runs lower to the ground and is much harder to tackle. Looney has breakaway ability...Leonard does not. Leonard has more drive works harder than Looney. Turnovers will tell the tale. J County 28-21. Prudohme's air force will win this one.

South has Warriors Park and Patrick Henry. Bristol has the race track. East has South Holston Lake. But J County has "Gods Country"! Watauga Lake and the mountains. That place is beautiful. Any of you see the original town of "Butler" back in '86 when they drained the lakes? Awesome!

When was the HS built? After the darn was built? That would be around 1954. Never been to the field.

J County has the better offense. Defense would be about even. The kicking game goes to Prudhome. Caleb Looney is faster than Leonard. Leonard runs lower to the ground and is much harder to tackle. Looney has breakaway ability...Leonard does not. Leonard has more drive works harder than Looney. Turnovers will tell the tale. J County 28-21. Prudohme's air force will win this one.

Good assessment Comp, but I'll add that JC's rush defense was much stouter than East's against the Devils. Maybe it was just better gameplanning, but the Devils racked up major yardage on the Patriots. On the other hand- the Looney/Gaby combination causes a lot of problems for a D-Coordinator.

Good comparison. One other thing though - East has the better coaching staff. Johnson County has the better team by a small margin. East will win the game by a small margin, 21 - 20.

Sullivan East all the Way Baby! Those Boys have HEART! When they win please tell me I told you so!

P.S. You all need to know that Unicoi had a one up on the Patriots. One of East's old coaches is now a Blue Devil!

He's a middle school football coach and a super guy. I'm afraid he didn't/doesn't have much to do with the varsity program. So much for your theory- the game was that close because Unicoi is a good defensive team that plays hard. It is possible to out-prepare a team without an 'inside-man'.

Good comparison. One other thing though - East has the better coaching staff. Johnson County has the better team by a small margin. East will win the game by a small margin, 21 - 20.

I should agree since Ralph is a Souther. I also should agree since my pick for the 'Topper replacement was Ralph. However, Ralph should have been stronger with what he had this year. As well, J Counties coach should be held in highest esteem for taking a 2A club up to 4A play with a scary first half with South in '05 in Gods Country, a very respectable playoff appearance in '06 and a probable return for '07. Pretty high marks given the weapon inventory of both teams. Even coaching until it comes down to tightrope circumstances...and then Ralph gets the nod.

I should agree since Ralph is a Souther. I also should agree since my pick for the 'Topper replacement was Ralph. However, Ralph should have been stronger with what he had this year. As well, J Counties coach should be held in highest esteem for taking a 2A club up to 4A play with a scary first half with South in '05 in Gods Country, a very respectable playoff appearance in '06 and a probable return for '07. Pretty high marks given the weapon inventory of both teams. Even coaching until it comes down to tightrope circumstances...and then Ralph gets the nod.

Both of these schools do a good job in being competitive in the MLC. Consistency is hard to some by though. 2 or 3 good years then some tough times until the next cycle. Does anyone from JC have the exact injury report? I heard again yesterday that we lost 2 maybe 3 for the season that started on defense and I believe played alot on offense. If this is true we are coming up against a couple of tough teams because they both run all the time.

Both of these schools do a good job in being competitive in the MLC. Consistency is hard to some by though. 2 or 3 good years then some tough times until the next cycle. Does anyone from JC have the exact injury report? I heard again yesterday that we lost 2 maybe 3 for the season that started on defense and I believe played alot on offense. If this is true we are coming up against a couple of tough teams because they both run all the time.

Out of the 5 injuried 2 are out for the season, possibly 3. One of those has been out most of the season and another one has been out about half. 2 very strong ones on D will be back. Looks like this will be a even head to head game. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Out of the 5 injuried 2 are out for the season, possibly 3. One of those has been out most of the season and another one has been out about half. 2 very strong ones on D will be back. Looks like this will be a even head to head game. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Thanks for the reply headhunter.. As you know we are not deep and injuries kill us.. Are the two linebackers?? We have had a hard time with the run all year and if the two play there it may be trouble. I seen 33 get hurt and he seemed to be our guy at that position. I am worried about the run if our linebacker core is down....

He's a middle school football coach and a super guy. I'm afraid he didn't/doesn't have much to do with the varsity program. So much for your theory- the game was that close because Unicoi is a good defensive team that plays hard. It is possible to out-prepare a team without an 'inside-man'.

You are correct! Just playing devil's advocate. I was over their for a game and got to watch some of the Varsity Practice (they must have been to some clinics and camps - a little bit of money helps too). If they will continue and get the younger kids on board they will be a force i promise!