Henry County vs Northside

WhatsCookin

Good to see you again Red Warrior. Missed your commentary this week. Since you have now been posting a while, you know (and so do most of the readers of CoachT) that those posting "overboard" comments are mostly not the die hard Red Faithful. Except for hchsfootballplayer's post (which I thought was more of a joke than cockiness), the rest of us are more like RedPride - nervous and anxious about the game. And you are precisely correct about expectations. And its actually been three weeks that they have executed and played very well. I do however think they can keep it going, it is certainly possible. The main thing is that the Patriots come out and work hard EVERY week and know that they cannot come out and just expect to win or let their attitude slip. And one last comment on bulletin board material. It does matter because that has been a great driving force for the Patriots these last few weeks. All the comments about our "soft defense" has done wonders for them!

BR84 - keep the brew HOT this week! Cold, damp conditions are expected so we'll need something to warm our innards up!!!

My point is that NO team, at ANY level, plays at its best, week after week after week. There WILL be a letdown sometime. Championship teams MUST be able to win when they are NOT at their best. I hope that I am wrong, but my experiences make me know that I am right.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread has been strangely quiet tis afternoon. Worried about the Yanker-- hope everythingis OK with him ad his dad. Also. where is Red Warrior? Imiss his insight and cogent commentary.In last week's thread RW answered a query stating that most of his coaching was done in Mississippi. The olddevil wonders if RW was laying down a smokescreen. It is strange to me that a Mississippian would leave an area with the best crappie lakes in America( Sardis,Granada, Enid, Arkabutla) to settle on Ky' lake. Coach Scott Samsel couldn't wait to get a chance to get back nearer those great lakes. Being a skeptic at heart, I'm thinking that he coached elsewhere, perhaps long ago in Dickson County?

My wife has family just across the border in Kentucky, so this was the natural move. You are correct, however, about the lakes in Mississippi.

I agree with all of you...as I said in an earlier post each game we now face gets tougher and tougher. We must remain focused and play them one game at a time. RW, you are correct in that no team plays at the top level each game...we have to be able to win those games though when we don't. Those are the times that seperate the so-so's from the real deals.

Wingman...the rain water has made the brew better. Got the water for this weekend from the ole Bayou de Chein.

Bring on the noise!! Bring on the fans!! ROLL RED ROLL!!

Don't know who jyd is, but I can tell you that the Patriots do NOT have the same attitude about this game. We are taking nothing for granted at all! This will be a hard fought game won on the ground. I can't wait!!!

Go Big Red!!!

With another 1-2 inches of rain in the forecast thru Friday morning might look like a Slip n Slide Friday. Game of field position and short yardage gains and holding onto the ball. For a HC win the Pats lines will play a HUGE roll in this game. Seen a few wet condition games during the years and strange things can occur. Seen these type games where field is slick but no wind or rain and passing game actually did well, sometimes those DB have trouble adjusting to receiver routes. Never know what Gaddis might throw at an opposing team this late in season. Got to believe NS will be coming to Patriot Stadium with confidence and wanting to make a statement. Could very well be a 6-12 point game.

I agree with all of you...as I said in an earlier post each game we now face gets tougher and tougher. We must remain focused and play them one game at a time. RW, you are correct in that no team plays at the top level each game...we have to be able to win those games though when we don't. Those are the times that seperate the so-so's from the real deals.

Wingman...the rain water has made the brew better. Got the water for this weekend from the ole Bayou de Chein.

Bring on the noise!! Bring on the fans!! ROLL RED ROLL!!

I spent some mighty happy and fun winter days on By de Chein so I consider it a good omen that it is the base for the Indian brew. Since weather is such a great equalizer, I think some Patriot mud scraped off #67's practice pants this afternoon would be a powerful addition. Can't take NS lightly; they are fast, big up front, and much better t han Munford. GO BIG RED

Hey I'm new to this board but I have been reading and following my HCHS team for the last couple of years and I see they are REALLY good. I graduated from Henry Co in 89. I played Baseball and Basketball there. I don't come home that often but I want to know If Dominque is Derrick Allen son. I grew up with Derrick and If Dominigue is Derrick son I know he's the truth. Derrick was a heck of running back back in the days and I know he will not settle for nothing less from Dominigue. Good luck the rest of the way and I'm hoping to get the chance to see you all in state. Maybe against Marysville. Kevin Taylor

Hey I'm new to this board but I have been reading and following my HCHS team for the last couple of years and I see they are REALLY good. I graduated from Henry Co in 89. I played Baseball and Basketball there. I don't come home that often but I want to know If Dominque is Derrick Allen son. I grew up with Derrick and If Dominigue is Derrick son I know he's the truth. Derrick was a heck of running back back in the days and I know he will not settle for nothing less from Dominigue. Good luck the rest of the way and I'm hoping to get the chance to see you all in state. Maybe against Marysville. Kevin Taylor

Dominique is in fact Derrick's son. He is bigger than his dad was in highschool (not now) but not quite as fast.Derrick has another son,Shaquille, who is an eighth grader and quite a football player.Unfortunately he missed this whole season with an ankle injury. His undfeated Inman team was scheduled to play for the West Tennessee championship last night--- haven't heard the result or whether or not they played since the weather has been so bad this week.I remember you well,TaylorRed22, and I think you would remember me.

Olddevil good to hear from ya...didn't know you knew that about the 'Foot. I will fill your order on the mud...I am sure he will have plenty on his pants and shoes. Talked to him yesterday and told him to bow up and get after it!! Will you be joining us at the game this Friday?

If the water don't rise I'll be there.

Dominique is in fact Derrick's son. He is bigger than his dad was in highschool (not now) but not quite as fast.Derrick has another son,Shaquille, who is an eighth grader and quite a football player.Unfortunately he missed this whole season with an ankle injury. His undfeated Inman team was scheduled to play for the West Tennessee championship last night--- haven't heard the result or whether or not they played since the weather has been so bad this week.I remember you well,TaylorRed22, and I think you would remember me.

olddevil,

I live in Atlanta now and looking forward to coming up to Tennessee to catch a game. I will be home Thanksgiven and I will stop by Derrick home to wish Domigue good luck m, Thanks OLD DEVIL.

I would say that it would have more impact on the slashing runner of Mann...he would have trouble making his cuts. Allen would have trouble but not like trying to cut to make his runs. Another advantage would be in the passing game...the defenders would really have to work to stay on the recievers. They would have the same trouble as Mann in trying to make cuts to the ball.

Just my .02 /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />