Reg 2 Dist. 4 A

catmommy

Kaz,

Her knee is hurt? That's really a shame. I think very highly of her ability to play. Hopefully she will be right back in there 100% soon. I would probably just rest her any time they play Wartburg /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Did coalfield press very much?

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, she's been running around with a torn mencius. Think it should heal fully in three weeks after the scope so she will definitely be back. If recovering wasn't an option I have no doubt she would just play through the pain. She is a pretty tough nut.

C-bucket fed us some pressure, but they didn't have favorable results. We were getting awful good looks at the tail end of it so they just started defending us in the half court. That worked out a little better for them. I should really emphasis that I thought our girls played very poorly last night. I'm not saying that to be critical of the coaches or players......it is quite frankly an assessment I think they would agree with! They'll get better, because at some point they are going to get tired of looking out of that hole they are in! /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Kaz

I'm uncertain if that is dripping sarcasm or a compliment, but I watched Jordan play last night and I still wouldn't retract my statements. Christopher is in another league right now. If you don't think so too......you should be embarrassed. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Kaz

not a compliment, your sports based intelligence is worse than i thought. holtz is a complete boob!

Well Goldfanger.....I'm sure glad we've established the parameters here. Of course it takes a boob to know one. Is your last name Holtz, too? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Don't be so hard on Old Lou....I'm sure he's had more intellegent thoughts than, Coalfield's Jordan being on the same level as Oliver Springs Christopher....... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ! And you talk about my sports intellegence! I've got you pegged as either Jordan's daddy, uncle, boyfriend, cousin, or grandpappy! Who knows.....who cares. Put them on the wall to pick teams, I take Christopher every time.....cause she is the real deal and Jordan is a wish-I-was! Maybe some day she grows into a real deal, but for now.....she needs to take notes! And not surprisingly......you do, too!

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Kazoro

Well Goldfanger.....I'm sure glad we've established the parameters here. Of course it takes a boob to know one. Is your last name Holtz, too? /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Don't be so hard on Old Lou....I'm sure he's had more intellegent thoughts than, Coalfield's Jordan being on the same level as Oliver Springs Christopher....... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> ! And you talk about my sports intellegence! I've got you pegged as either Jordan's daddy, uncle, boyfriend, cousin, or grandpappy! Who knows.....who cares. Put them on the wall to pick teams, I take Christopher every time.....cause she is the real deal and Jordan is a wish-I-was! Maybe some day she grows into a real deal, but for now.....she needs to take notes! And not surprisingly......you do, too!

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Kazoro

im not from coalfield,not even a coalfield basketball fan. i have read your post on about every topic though. it is sad when adults get on a board and down a kid. i dont know the jordan girl at all, but she is a kid/student athlete and does not deserve being ridiculed by some overrated wannabe coach that has an opinion about every thing. you may not be a coach but, that is the impression you leave, and if you are its too bad for any kid that play for you.

I'm pretty sure the person I chose to "ridicule" is someone named Goldfinger. You probably haven't got to the end of many of my posts. A. Jordan is a very good high school freshman basketball player. There were comparisons made towards her in relation to Kayla Christopher. While she has many fine attributes, my contention is that Christopher is the better prospect in many regards.....foremost among them maturity. I would think my comment towards Jordan would be very motivating for her personally, but that is just my opinion.

On your other rant.....well I'm just going to let that go. I never professed to know all aspects of basketball or even about people. I don't sense the need to retract anything I've written, because there isn't any intent in my opinion to belittle or ridicule kids. When I coach a team.....I'll let the kids that play for me make whatever assessment they want to of the guidance they are receiving! Peace out!

/dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Kazzy /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Kazam,

I agree with Goldfinger on this one. I mean there is a line between constructive criticism and ridiculing a young player, and I would have to say that you crossed it. I mean honestly, How do you think that would make her feel? and if ridiculing someone makes you feel better about yourself then I feel sorry for you...I also think that if A. Jordan is reading this that it is making her think she is doing bad and therefore messing with her mind during the games...who knows..but in my opinion you did cross the line.

Well, AA.....let me put it to you this way. I didn't offer up any criticism, that I wouldn't offer up to my own daughter. I apologize if Miss Jordan isn't receptive to my criticism, I do believe I offered up some praise too. When I grew up you took criticism as a way of evaluating your weaknesses and focusing on them. I have to think here that if Kayla Christopher were hearing my criticisms of her game, based on what I know of her, she would probably digest what I said and apply it. Not because I can coach, but because she seems to want to be a great player. I'll leave you fellers to your opinions of me......crossing the line or not......at least she got an honest assessment and not spoon fed praise. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Kazzy

Well, AA.....let me put it to you this way. I didn't offer up any criticism, that I wouldn't offer up to my own daughter. I apologize if Miss Jordan isn't receptive to my criticism, I do believe I offered up some praise too. When I grew up you took criticism as a way of evaluating your weaknesses and focusing on them. I have to think here that if Kayla Christopher were hearing my criticisms of her game, based on what I know of her, she would probably digest what I said and apply it. Not because I can coach, but because she seems to want to be a great player. I'll leave you fellers to your opinions of me......crossing the line or not......at least she got an honest assessment and not spoon fed praise. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Kazzy

no spoon feeding here. her coach should be the only one to criticize her. this is not the media, and you are not a news reporter. theses are kids, let them play and be taught by their coaches. i wasnt attacking you personally, but maybe by your reaction you see how the kids feel. peace

I heard that Oneida beat Greenback. Is this true? Sounds like they played Coalfield tough also. This district is going to be fun to watch this year. But right now I feel like O.S. is still the top team followed by Oakdale and then Wartburg and Coalfield. Based on what we have seen what does everyone else think. Any prediction revisions?

I heard that Oneida beat Greenback. Is this true? Sounds like they played Coalfield tough also. This district is going to be fun to watch this year. But right now I feel like O.S. is still the top team followed by Oakdale and then Wartburg and Coalfield. Based on what we have seen what does everyone else think. Any prediction revisions?

Saw the score thought it was a misprint. What happen to the Oz girls? Kaz hush.....no really SHHHHH!!! Sunbright is feeling really left out no one has tormented their coach, talked about the loses, or bragged about how great the talent is. 4A should be fun to watch this year. To see who plays the worst from week to week.