9AA Picks

MIDTN

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, not that monumental for CPA. CPA beat EH at EH last year.

Exactly on Jan 2, cpa beat ezell harding. Ezell harding had two starters out They were Leah Mcalister and Eaks.

The rematch 2 weeks later when Ezell Had McAlister back, but no eaks was a bit different. Ezell beat CPA at home by 24. Again CPA wins when they are at full strength and the other team is injured, which should be expected and loses big when they have to play the starting team. We can really stop talking about this, if Cpa wins their first round game, they could get ezell in the first game at MLK next week. Lets talk then...okay

Not having a multiplier on the magnet schools is unfair also. /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

Just curious on why you think that is unfair since a magnet school doesn't have any control over what students it gets. It's all based on the lottery. Also, the students come from all over the city so generally not many of them have played together before...

For the 1st Round of District Tournaments, it appears that Ezell will host MLK and David Lipscomb will host East Lit. Hume-Fogg (8-5), CPA (7-6), Pearl-Cohn (7-6) and FRA (6-7) will play each other in some order. If Hume-Fogg beats FRA tonight, they will host FRA on Tuesday night. If Hume-Fogg loses and CPA wins against East, then you have a coin flip for 3rd Place. If FRA wins and Pearl-Cohn loses to DL tonight, then you would have a coin flip for 5th Place. Matter of fact, you could have a 3-way tie for either 3rd Place or a 3-way tie for 4th Place depending on how things shake out.

Bottom line, District 9-AA has never been more competitive than this year. It has been a fun year watching the action. Two really good teams that could beat the majority of teams in 10-AA will have their season end after one game in the District Tournament. Oh for the good old days where you could watch all the 1st round games at a central location!

Exactly on Jan 2, cpa beat ezell harding. Ezell harding had two starters out They were Leah Mcalister and Eaks.

The rematch 2 weeks later when Ezell Had McAlister back, but no eaks was a bit different. Ezell beat CPA at home by 24. Again CPA wins when they are at full strength and the other team is injured, which should be expected and loses big when they have to play the starting team. We can really stop talking about this, if Cpa wins their first round game, they could get ezell in the first game at MLK next week. Lets talk then...okay

Everyone was there for Ezell when they lost to East Lit. They were already losing when McAllister went down. You got beat. You won the rematch. The only monumental win is the state championship. It is possible to win 6 games and be state champion. One in district, two in region and three in state. Maybe next to impossible it would happen, but possible nonetheless. Also, I know for a fact that the coaching supplement over there is more than 3 grand, sorry. I guess it must be higher at MTCS though.

Everyone was there for Ezell when they lost to East Lit. They were already losing when McAllister went down. You got beat. You won the rematch. The only monumental win is the state championship. It is possible to win 6 games and be state champion. One in district, two in region and three in state. Maybe next to impossible it would happen, but possible nonetheless. Also, I know for a fact that the coaching supplement over there is more than 3 grand, sorry. I guess it must be higher at MTCS though.

Well the post you were quoting was about CPA and I have always said that Ezell got "beat" at east. go back and read the posts. I dont play for Ezell, so I did not get beat. Ezell took the lead without Mcalister and was leading when she returned, she was suffering from a concussion and made turnovers that cost ezell the game. She then was out for 10 days. You probably did not notice because everyone was High -Fiving each other on the bench and in the crowd when players got knocked to the ground. Of course the folks that got knocked around when the game was at ezell, was East lit. You seem to think you know who I am. I would not know what the stipend at MTCS is although I do know that they have a program that will begin to control A ball over the next 5 years they will be a force, I believe Mtcs probably has booster money. If I knew what Dan's user name was I would give it to you. But this is not it. lol

P.S. enjoy the rest of the season off after monday night.

Actually bulldog, I know exactly who you are /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> My season, as you know, has nothing to do with girls basketball. Win, and lose with class. HUM school?

Also, the MTCS comment was about losing your boys coach to them. Duh. Dan has nothing to do with it. You can ask him why he applied for Goodpasture this past year though. Obviously a smart move pulling out of that race.

FINAL SCORES AND STANDINGS IN 9AA

SCORES

David Libscomb 58, Pearl Cohn 53

CPA 57, East Lit 44

Ezell Harding 51, Martin Luther King 30

FRA 42, Hume Fogg 30

Final Standings

Ezell Harding 22-5(12-2)

David Libscomb 20-5(11-3)

Hume Fogg 13-12(8-6)

CPA 12-8(8-6)

Pearl Cohn 11-8(7-7)

FRA 15-11(7-7)

East Lit 6-15(3-11)

Martin Luther King 2-17(0-14)

-all first round games at the higher seeds

FINAL SCORES AND STANDINGS IN 9AA

SCORES

David Libscomb 58, Pearl Cohn 53

CPA 57, East Lit 44

Ezell Harding 51, Martin Luther King 30

FRA 42, Hume Fogg 30

Final Standings

Ezell Harding 22-5(12-2)

David Libscomb 20-5(11-3)

Hume Fogg 13-12(8-6)

CPA 12-8(8-6)

Pearl Cohn 11-8(7-7)

FRA 15-11(7-7)

East Lit 6-15(3-11)

Martin Luther King 2-17(0-14)

-all first round games at the higher seeds

Not sure where you are getting your records, but CPA is 15-12 on the year. In the case of ties, if head to heads are split is there a second tie break or do you flip a coin?

Actually bulldog, I know exactly who you are /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> My season, as you know, has nothing to do with girls basketball. Win, and lose with class. HUM school?

Also, the MTCS comment was about losing your boys coach to them. Duh. Dan has nothing to do with it. You can ask him why he applied for Goodpasture this past year though. Obviously a smart move pulling out of that race.

lol you are hilllllllarious, I don't have any Idea who you are talking about. This is a girls thread. Why would you talk about the boys team and think I would understand. rof...Are you talking about Dan wilkerson? I think it was a smart move for him to talk to GP, the job was open and he had a bit of history there. I will let you know that if Dan Wilkerson walked up and said hi to me, I would have no Idea who he is. You have me mistaken.....not only that you have me mistaken for someone who you think might care...thanks...lol I needed the laugh!

P.S. there is potential at Goodpasture for a Coach who can develop players, I think that with this schools history in High School athletics, it would be a great opportunity for someone to build a program that could compete in AA.