opinions on MJ basketball

mjbear12

I refuse to validate your ignorant remarks. Just know this--I'm not Marlowe. I am a public school teacher who finds your comments comical at best. I'm not here to trade "cut downs" with you--I quit doing that in grade school. Post as many replies as you like; I won't respond to your simple-minded garbage. By the way, you're butchering the English language.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok cry babies, listen up. This thread was about opinions about MJ basketball...and I gave mine. Since you didnt like it, some of you decided to try to internet ambush me, and I jumped back. I dont take crap from anyone, and when I get on someone I get on them hard. Do you like it? I dont care. If you will go back and reread the posts in order, you will see that it was Marlowe that jumped on my posts first, and then his alternate ego 'coolio' jumped into it too. To you 'coolio' I am in public education as well, and I am the boss of people in your position. I know exactly what happened in Mt. J. and if it had been my school it would never have happened the way it did. If you are a teacher and a coach, you are a poor reprentative. My comments were true and my insults were tongue in cheek. By you jumping into the fray that you had no part of shows a lack of maturity and understanding. It is because of attitudes like yours that make it where no one likes to play Mt. J in any sport...you are easy to beat but its almost not worth it because of all the excuses and cry baby crap you thow out after getting your tail handed back to you. As for my butchering of the english language, this is a message board, not an essay competition. Soon enough you will refer to me as Dr._____ . If all you have are some typo's on me, you really need to do better. I fire people like you every year. What you apparently dont understand is that this is a message board, where people get to put things out there for others to see and respond, and you are not going to like everything you read, so deal with. Don't get so offended and dont take it so personal, and try not to lose any sleep over it.

mr king, since you are a person who likes to fire people you never in your post have ever explained how you know it was the parents and administration who ousted the coach. all you have given is the run around to everyone elses post. i now would like you to tell us how you know it was the parents who got dearing fired. or maybe you cant explain that bc you know it wasnt them who got him fired.

I know what I know, and I dont have to explain squat to you. You are obviously someone who cares about Mt.J bball, and thats a good thing...they need all the support they can get, but if the attitude doesnt change there, the win loss column never will. They were extremely down in talent this past season with little hope of a winning season...Bell even admitted that, and everyone could see it coming. Yet when it happened, all they could think to do was gripe, complain, and knife Dearing in the back. He is a very intense coach with a huge amount of basketball knowledge. The parents knew they were not very good, but had to blame someone. So they used his intensity against him and tried to say he was too hard, too loud, and expected too much. In reality, there were only 2 guys that could play for any other team. Yet the ones doing the loudest talking were the parents of those with some of the least talent. You people need to learn that most teams, especially those with limited talent like yours, will have some good years scattered in a lot of average, mediocre years, with several completely dismal years. Thats not coaching, thats the reality of the talent level in your area. Get used to it and get on board and learn to support a coach, not get on his back and drag him down.

you dont need talent to have a successful team. take the 1983 wolfpack for example, led by the late jimmy valavano. they were 17-10 going into the acc tourney. the only way they would get into the big dance was to win the tourney. guess what they did. and eventually went on to when the whole thing by 2 over houston. but who did they have. people like sydney lowe, dereck whittenburg, thurl bailey. thats right no talent. but they had outstanding coaching. and after that he never had a mediocre season. of the 10 seasons valvano was there never had a losing season only 3 seasons which where okay. so you see mr king you dont need talent to take a team so where you just need the kids to respect you and they will take the coach somewhere, like to the top. you just need a good coach to teach the young ones how to respect the coach and then they will perform their duties and win many ballgames for the coach

Posted by lpmarlowe:

you dont need talent to have a successful team. take the 1983 wolfpack for example, led by the late jimmy valavano. they were 17-10 going into the acc tourney. the only way they would get into the big dance was to win the tourney. guess what they did. and eventually went on to when the whole thing by 2 over houston. but who did they have. people like sydney lowe, dereck whittenburg, thurl bailey. thats right no talent.

No talent? That's why Sidney Lowe stuck around for four years and almost 200 games in the NBA. That's why Thurl Bailey played a dozen years and darn near a thousand games in the NBA, including a couple of seasons where he averaged 19 & 7, and *NINE* seasons averaging double digits in the League. They had to have a lot of talent just to get to the NCAA's. They weren't as talented as Houston, I won't deny that, but they had quite a bit of talent.

those 19 points and nine rebounds a game came in the italian league not the nba. in the nba he averaged 12 points and 5 rebounds per game. and mr lowe spent those 4 years in the nba with 5 different teams. both men struggled in the nba with both finally doing well in outside leagues such as the italian league and the cba. so you can still have horrible talent and go far in a season

this year we will be very prepared and well coached again , our new coach has had coaching experience at tha college level and knows what he is doing. this year we have people who can score and peole who can make plays. at camp our mj team put on a show and made good teams look embarrising out there. our 6'6 guy is unstoppable under tha basket along wit 2 of our other guys . we have guys who can beat u frum anywhere on tha floor and run u til ur tongues drop to tha floor , so our guys are ready 4 anything.

Posted by lpmarlowe:

those 19 points and nine rebounds a game came in the italian league not the nba. in the nba he averaged 12 points and 5 rebounds per game. and mr lowe spent those 4 years in the nba with 5 different teams. both men struggled in the nba with both finally doing well in outside leagues such as the italian league and the cba. so you can still have horrible talent and go far in a season

The website I found his stats on was an NBA stats site, not an Italian one. Thurl Bailey scored 12,763 points, grabbed 5,100 rebounds, and blocked 1,168 shots in the NBA. I'd love to see who did *WELL* in the league if that's struggling.

NEWS FLASH: PEOPLE WITH NO TALENT DON'T MAKE THE NBA! AT ALL! Much less stick around for four years, even if he did bounce around from team to team.

You sure think you know a lot...but you have been proven wrong over and over. Hey people, a little clue about Marlowe, he was the book keeper on the FRESHMAN basketball team last year. Son, you need to step back and look at reality. Sure, Valvano's 83 team did fantastic things, but how many others have? Not many...you present them as an example for all teams to be able to do. Most teams cant...when two teams play, one has to lose...this past season, because of lack of talent, it had to be Mt. Juliet. You live in a "Hoosiers" dream world where every team can do that, but its impossible. Thank goodness some talent moved into your zone, because you sure had very little there this past season. Maybe you indigent talent will pull you out of the cellar. Since you new coach has coached in college, maybe he has brought some recruiting skills to Mt. Juliet.

you know it is pretty bad when the person who coached the team last year thinks there was little talent or no talent at all. you know if i were the coach i dont think i would think that at all. the team last year should have at least finished at 500 ball no less last year. they had talent to when more than their 6 games won all season. when a coach thinks a team has very little talent or no talent at all, in my opinion it trickles down to the players and that leads to the players not playing up to their potential and also not believing in the coach in some capacity.

Posted by lpmarlowe:

you know it is pretty bad when the person who coached the team last year thinks there was little talent or no talent at all. you know if i were the coach i dont think i would think that at all. the team last year should have at least finished at 500 ball no less last year. they had talent to when more than their 6 games won all season. when a coach thinks a team has very little talent or no talent at all, in my opinion it trickles down to the players and that leads to the players not playing up to their potential and also not believing in the coach in some capacity.

Dearing did try to keep believe in the team...there just wasnt much to work with and everyone knew it. The only way that team could have been .500 was to play middle school teams... Marlowe, I really dont think you have a clue as to what talent is out there. Fortunately for Mt. Juliet, some talent did move to their zone, so now maybe they will have a chance of doing good things. Thats not coaching, thats talent...and thats how you win games. Any coach that says otherwise is a liar, full of himslef, and full of crap. A coach can enhance good players, but thats about all. You can't coach real talent into a kid. Its there from years of hard work and genetics. Four years in high school with a coach doesnt change that.