South vs. Tennessee High

THSVikings2004

To be honest with you...you wouldn't be so lucky. I can appreciate everybody's loyalty to there teams but you got to give credit where it is due? I predict Region 2 is in for a rude awakening this coming friday! There are many out there from R2 that truly don't think THS can play with Volunteer.

You have got to be kidding.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phillips is a great offensive player; perhaps the best in the last 30 years in NET. I would like to see some reply and debate on this on this or (better) another thread.

South will win or lose against tough competition with their defense. The best way to defend against Phillips is to not have him on the field. Despite the complaining by some on this thread regarding officiating and the crediting of everything by some (including you) to Phillips, the key to the game was the 2.5 quarters where South's defense responded to the challenge from the THS offense and shut them down. They almost lost when Stubbs outfoxed everone in the stadium and made a final drive. What a finish!

Neither of these teams can beat Maryville or Chattanooga Red Bank so everyone up here needs to calm down.

I don't think you will find a South Rebel fan or Tenn High Viking fan saying they WILL beat Maryville or Red Bank, however for you to say they WILL NOT beat those two teams then you must have some magical powers to see into the future the rest of us lack. This is the defeatist attitude that has cost and will continue to cost any team in NET from ever advancing past the 3rd round. I guess everyone up here should just give up after the first two rounds. Congrats Rebels on an awesome win last night and congrats to the Vikings as well.

Phillips is a great offensive player; perhaps the best in the last 30 years in NET. I would like to see some reply and debate on this on this or (better) another thread.

South will win or lose against tough competition with their defense. The best way to defend against Phillips is to not have him on the field. Despite the complaining by some on this thread regarding officiating and the crediting of everything by some (including you) to Phillips, the key to the game was the 2.5 quarters where South's defense responded to the challenge from the THS offense and shut them down. They almost lost when Stubbs outfoxed everone in the stadium and made a final drive. What a finish!

Neither of these teams can beat Maryville or Chattanooga Red Bank so everyone up here needs to calm down.

I predict someone will knock off maryville this year, they look beatable more so this year than in a long time....several close games and giving up allot of points...mabye not you or use but someone will take them down...i say redbank will, but who knows could be someone from up here /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I hate to be the one to bust your bubble but Greenville is the Greenest of the bunch when it comes to the resent playoffs. As a matter of fact they haven't even seen the playoffs in four years!! And to go a little further, since 03' they have only been able to manage a 50% overall record 1 time (that means win half of your games)!! /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> From reading your posts I felt like I needed to break that down for ya. Oh yea...in 01' you got spanked by West 42-0. No need to thank me...just trying to help. /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Ok well i guess since u know more about greeneville haha. But back in 01-03the only team to beat west was maryville. I don't recall anything of south or ths. Yeah in 04-06 we did struggle but thats why we hired a new coach last year and now were 8-2. Everyone from the mlc thinks Greeneville is a nobody and they were lucky with south. We will take this one game at a time all everyone including me talks about on coacht is crap. Spread something about other teams thats it. In 04 that was a bad game against east but i bet so many people remember that. If the offense can score and hold onto the ball. Then our defense can take us a very long way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some interesting facts; after an intense battle South won the MLC last night, South's JV completed an undefeated season, South's Freshman won, Colonial Heights Middle School won the area one large middle school championship defeating Science Hill last week, Colonial Heights Optimist Varsity and JV won the Sullivan County league championships today! I would say that our boys and their feeder programs have had an awesome season with the probability of several more successful years to come. Congratulations to the Rebels varsity, JV, Freshman, CHMS Chargers, both Optimist teams, and all coaches! The tradition continues!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!

Some interesting facts; after an intense battle South won the MLC last night, South's JV completed an undefeated season, South's Freshman won, Colonial Heights Middle School won the area one large middle school championship defeating Science Hill last week, Colonial Heights Optimist Varsity and JV won the Sullivan County league championships today! I would say that our boys and their feeder programs have had an awesome season with the probability of several more successful years to come. Congratulations to the Rebels varsity, JV, Freshman, CHMS Chargers, both Optimist teams, and all coaches! The tradition continues!!!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!

Hopfully the tradition will continue and that we are not just feeding everyone elses program.. When Kingsport annexs half of Col Heights as planned I am afraid South will turn into the same situation as North and East. Lets hope not!! GO REBELS!

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I was at the game friday and it was SICKENING to see how BAD the officiating was! To bad the refs are on South's pay roll.

And, Honestly, I had to laugh at Curt Phillips. He's not as good as everyone has been saying. I'm sorry dear phillips..i mean south fans. Yes, He's a good, big quarterback, but he's not THAT great. He's good, but not great. Haha, now I know there will be some Rebel jack@$$ on here who will be like "WHAT GAME WERE YOU WATCHING" or something like that....but I honestly won't listen since the average GPA in Colonial Heights is a 1.5... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Anyways, The Rebels won't make it any further in the playoffs than they have in the past. Even with their star (cough cough) quarterback...

I'll be rooting for any team that has to go play South. Hopefully they can win without cheating....

ROLL VIKES ROLL

ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!! /mad.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

I was at the game friday and it was SICKENING to see how BAD the officiating was! To bad the refs are on South's pay roll.

And, Honestly, I had to laugh at Curt Phillips. He's not as good as everyone has been saying. I'm sorry dear phillips..i mean south fans. Yes, He's a good, big quarterback, but he's not THAT great. He's good, but not great. Haha, now I know there will be some Rebel jack@$$ on here who will be like "WHAT GAME WERE YOU WATCHING" or something like that....but I honestly won't listen since the average GPA in Colonial Heights is a 1.5... /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Anyways, The Rebels won't make it any further in the playoffs than they have in the past. Even with their star (cough cough) quarterback...

I'll be rooting for any team that has to go play South. Hopefully they can win without cheating....

ROLL VIKES ROLL

"Mo-East leads early, but South wins in the end.

Sorry, but South has to win so we can play them again in the quarter finals and beat their butts right!

Good luck to you all anyway"

--------------------

2004 TSSAA STATE SEMI-FINALISTS

Hmmm...Interesting. Which one is it?

ROLL VIKES ROLL

/rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

To sum it up. Two VERY bad calls back to back (both fumbles and both going South's way) changed the entire tempo of this game and played an undeniably BIG part in South's victory tonight. If anybody can dispute that fact I would like to hear it.

Whaaaa-Whaaaa-Whaaaa------Your fumble in the pile--I guess you could see that clearly right----well, you would be the only one that saw it. And I guess the 3rd and 3 fumble where South's # 5 and #33 stuck your #31 was not a fumble either. And what about the phantom holding call on South's #52 when Curt ran to your 3 yrd line, --did you see a hold on that---no way---I've watched the film 5 times and there was NO hold on that play. What about all the holds that did not get called, ------------it's football --------quit crying. Move on------The vikes played an excellent game--very physical and very emotional---------great team with great athletes all the way down to your soph class.

For the next 2-3-4 years, it's going to be a war when we meet, so let's enjoy it-----------and quit whining.

Whaaaa-Whaaaa-Whaaaa------Your fumble in the pile--I guess you could see that clearly right----well, you would be the only one that saw it. And I guess the 3rd and 3 fumble where South's # 5 and #33 stuck your #31 was not a fumble either. And what about the phantom holding call on South's #52 when Curt ran to your 3 yrd line, --did you see a hold on that---no way---I've watched the film 5 times and there was NO hold on that play. What about all the holds that did not get called, ------------it's football --------quit crying. Move on------The vikes played an excellent game--very physical and very emotional---------great team with great athletes all the way down to your soph class.

For the next 2-3-4 years, it's going to be a war when we meet, so let's enjoy it-----------and quit whining.

AMEN!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />