Hampton vs. Cloudland

Lord Vader

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing is for sure. Cloudland could be winless or undefeated in a season, but when they play at orrr field, the visiting team better not overlook them. I look for a hard fought game, BIG hits, BIG hits, BIG hits, there always is in the rival match-up.

BUT. . . . The Hampton Bulldogs are just to loaded at every position, and more and more every week it seems like that Bulldog TEAM cemistry just thrives. Not to sound over confident, but it will be over by the 3rd Qrt. The Landers peuny line just wont last. Like I said a good hard fought game until the third or so. The Bulldog will put up BIG numbers on the ground.

My Guestimation is> Hampton 42-Cloudland 14 (I kinda hope it is closer than this, so we can tune for play-offs)

Goodluck to both teams, may it be clean and another Hampton/Cloudland game that fans can remeber for ages.

Well you pretty much covered everything that I was going to say. I'm just glad this game is for 1st/2nd again. That's the way it should be. zaza90, not every position is out manned(center). We will have to be PERFECT every single play and hope for some mistakes, Gifts as you say. Still......... this should be fun.

As I stated before the game this week, Happy Valley does not have a single player that would start at Hampton. But Cloudland definately has some kids that would start for the Dawgs. Winchester would start on the line for sure. He is a full grown man. I saw him just flat out killing Rams all night. The best play of the game was when he was following Hughes on the INT then Hughes fumbled and it went right to Winchester and he lowered his head and destroyed some poor ol' guy. The fans went absolutely crazy. Hughes would also start too. I don't exactly know where but probably at WR and he might be starting RB. He is a talented individual...

Dawgman75 where are you at? Were you @ the game tonight? I came and watched your dogs tease the squaws with the 2nd string, 1st string,2nd string,1st string. J.C. is a merciful man I must say.

Hate to say it Blueandgoldblood, but I missed this THRILLER. On the brighter side,,,,,,,the pheasant hunting in South Dakota was awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Some will know who I am now.

I'll be there this Friday though, hopefully this game will live up to expectations. I also hope JC shows the team last years game film and let them see what can happen if we don't come out prepared. You guys held us in the 1st half cause the team thought you were going to lay down and let us win, didn't happen then and it won't happen Friday.

I do think cloudland looses this one, BUT THEY WILL FIGHT FOR IT!

Theres really nothing to talk about expept the dogs are probley the best team in the state and that we have been the surprise. running a new offense THAT NO ONE THOUGHT WOULD WORK with a first year head coach.

My prediction is that the kids will play hard and have fun the entire game !!!!!!!!!!!

No matter what any one says on here or @ school or even out in public , I think the Lander players think they have a shot @ this one . Ive heard about Hampton having really good ballplayers and good coaches all year , and im sure the whole county even maybe the whole state has heard it also. But that doesnt mean that the Landers doesnt stand a chance . Im not saying we will go out and destroy Hampton just saying that is a game of matchups , luck, and a HEART. I know Hampton is capable of putting up big points on anyone , and shutting down anyone . In my opinion we have a shot until the final whistle . I may eat my words come Friday night between 7:30 and bout 10:00. Anyone remember the Cloudland / CAK game ? Who would have thought the outcome of that game would have ended like it did. How bout App. St. / Mich. Same deal . Good luck Landers u guys have showed a huge HEART this year and it payed off . It may not win the game for you friday but it certianly has brought alot of attention . Thanks guys for the hard work and dedication . Heck what am I saying its not over yet we still have one regular season game and then playoffs. Not to mention a conference championship. C-mon guys lets get fired up a lil.

The reason there is not a lot of talk is the mutual respect both communities have for each other. Most everyone here in Lander country respect the heck out of the Dogs players and coaches. They have worked hard to achieve their state ranking and the position they are in right now. I think that Coach Luns and J.C. have the same respect for Cloudland. The game has to be played on the field and those coaches are going to prepare for the Landers just like Cloudland was the best team in the state. There's going to be your fans who get on here and talk smack, but that doesn't mean anything. Its up to the boys from both teams. If Hampton spanks our Landers like they are supposed to then I think our Lander fans should get behind the Dogs if they make it to state. But there are many things that can happen. The question the Dog fans must ask themselves is how are they going to react if we pull the big upset? Or if we meet again in the third round? It can happen because Cloudland can match up with anyone in Region 2 with maybe the exception of Midway. The Landers are a much better team than I or anyone else thought they would be at this point. What is supposed to happen don't always happen. We were supposed to go to state in 2003. Some people even had reservations made. WE got dumped in the first round by a team that shouldn't have come within four touchdowns of our Landers. All I'm asking is for the fans of both teams to continue respecting each other. If the Dogs come out with repect and intensity on a mission to get the job done, they should beat our Landers because of the obvious mismatches. If they come out sloppy, thinking they are going to win big and not expect a battle, then that spread offense is going to give them fits all night long and that fiesty little defense will be in that dog backfield reeking havok. This is a game of attitude and heart. And I feel like the two best programs and the two best communities in carter co. are going to be putting it all on the line Friday. Folks, I'll end it with this. I'm proud to be BLUE!!!! Whooooo!! /motorbike.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":motorbike:" border="0" alt="motorbike.gif" />