Science Hill @ Dobyns-Bennett

Well, if you're enough of an internet junkie, you can find all of his quotes since taking the job back in the Spring. What he COULD have done was to say "Thanks,.....I'm honored......it's a great opportunity.....we're going to work hard....."etc. What he strongly implied was that he was going to bring a never-before-seen wide open offensive attack that would stress all of the defenses in East Tennessee. He went through a bunch of stuff about how he didn't just let defenses sit back, he would do the dictating of the pace, he would always have people off balance, etc. His main mistake was to ever mention D-B. He did at length and even said he would be spending most of his coming days in the spring on the Indians.

Well Gilligan, welcome to J. Fred! You are about to find out what 10 generations of Kingsport hating Daddies have lived through. The lights will be bright, the crowd will be bigger than anything you've ever lined up in front of, the warhoop will be playing, and your players will be pale.......good luck with that!

You have to realize that the Slot Offense would kill in upper east tennessee and probably will next year! He's played in front of larger crowds deep in the playoffs (D-B would not know anything about that!) I do know a little about beating that Tribe Booty!!!! Yeah Baby! I think his quotes were taken out of context especially by the BIG FRITZ!

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if you're enough of an internet junkie, you can find all of his quotes since taking the job back in the Spring. What he COULD have done was to say "Thanks,.....I'm honored......it's a great opportunity.....we're going to work hard....."etc. What he strongly implied was that he was going to bring a never-before-seen wide open offensive attack that would stress all of the defenses in East Tennessee. He went through a bunch of stuff about how he didn't just let defenses sit back, he would do the dictating of the pace, he would always have people off balance, etc. His main mistake was to ever mention D-B. He did at length and even said he would be spending most of his coming days in the spring on the Indians.

Well Gilligan, welcome to J. Fred! You are about to find out what 10 generations of Kingsport hating Daddies have lived through. The lights will be bright, the crowd will be bigger than anything you've ever lined up in front of, the warhoop will be playing, and your players will be pale.......good luck with that!

Well . . . Not so fast . . . I can probably speak for a few, but I can certainly speak for one! You won't see his face turn pale! To him, this is it! This is the Super Bowl! While you all "seem" to be more concerned about whom you are going to play in the play-offs of the first round.

I"m thinking this is a very dangerous game for D-B.

I see people on here dawging the 7 on 7 stuff that took place this summer - but Sullivan East went and they are going to the playoffs for the third time in school history. Did TN High go? they are like 8 - 1 only loss was to DB. South went and they have drilled everyone! It is not the 7-on7! It is not the coaching! These coaches have done the same things over and over (some get good results and some get bad results!) People Dawg Coach Smith! His record is going to be the same or close to Bowles 2nd year (same if they beat DB) Same final regional standing. Bowles finished 3rd once and 4th twice and 6th once. SS has lost the last 4 or 5 games in the final minutes of the 4th quarter many times due to player mistakes come on give the coaches a break for crying out loud! LOL!

Well . . . Not so fast . . . I can speak for a few and I can certainly speak for one! You won't see his face turn pale! To him, this is it! This is the Super Bowl! While you all "seem" to be more concerned about whom you are going to play in the play-offs of the first round.

If this is his Super Bowl,then SH will be playing the part of Buffalo.DB will be playing the part of any other team that beat Buffalo.No danger except for the poor guy who will have to change the light bulbs on DB's side of the score board.He talked his talk,now he will see the walk. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

You have to realize that the Slot Offense would kill in upper east tennessee and probably will next year! He's played in front of larger crowds deep in the playoffs (D-B would not know anything about that!) I do know a little about beating that Tribe Booty!!!! Yeah Baby! I think his quotes were taken out of context especially by the BIG FRITZ!

Correction. Actually DB under Graham has done very well in the playoffs. 15 straight playoff appearances (every year at DB), 21-14 in playoffs, 4 qtr finals, 3 semi finals. My guess is they'd take that in a heartbeat in JC /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Now your turn...list all the playoff experience for the Toppers? Where has SS played in front of larger crowds? At 1A Ezell? Correct me if I'm wrong but he hasn't made the palyoffs at the 5A level.

"Beating that Tribe booty"?mmmm...ok (unfortunatley coacht doesn't have an emoticon for how 3 dollar bill that was) /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

Well . . . Not so fast . . . I can probably speak for a few, but I can certainly speak for one! You won't see his face turn pale! To him, this is it! This is the Super Bowl! While you all "seem" to be more concerned about whom you are going to play in the play-offs of the first round.

I agree wtih you, these kids see this as an opportunity to win their last game, especially the seniors.

Last year's D-B vs. Science Hill game was an outstanding game, where the elements had an impact...weather shouldn't be a factor this year...But it is D-B vs Science Hill...

Duanah is still a scary RB and he will easily be the best back D-B has seen since the Oak Ridge game, Tomas is a fine athlete and not going to be a stationary target, is the Hill defense still playing the 3-5-3?...what is the status of Mancuso?...how many are going both ways and who are they?...where is Ash playing - FB or receiver?...how about Larry Smith?...Joslin?...who has taken the spot T.Hill had at receiver?...who is returning kicks?...punts?...Kinsley getting the touches he should?...what about the FG kicker - can he?...

Roll Tribe Roll

Last year's D-B vs. Science Hill game was an outstanding game, where the elements had an impact...weather shouldn't be a factor this year...But it is D-B vs Science Hill...

Duanah is still a scary RB and he will easily be the best back D-B has seen since the Oak Ridge game, Tomas is a fine athlete and not going to be a stationary target, is the Hill defense still playing the 3-5-3?...what is the status of Mancuso?...how many are going both ways and who are they?...where is Ash playing - FB or receiver?...how about Larry Smith?...Joslin?...who has taken the spot T.Hill had at receiver?...who is returning kicks?...punts?...Kinsley getting the touches he should?...what about the FG kicker - can he?...

Roll Tribe Roll

Aha talk about the game....defense is still 3-5-3....hopefully Mancuso will be available but Rodney Smith has been huge the last two games starting in that position....not many playing both ways but for a hand full of plays most notably Trent and Kinley...Ash took some snaps from the backfield and looked good doing it....if last week was any indication while not having Hill at receiver the ball was spreaded around to 6 different receivers and the ball is downfield, Joslin, Kinley and McPeherson all had over 40 yards receiving on two catches.....Fg kicker is perfect on the season and has range of around 40 yards.......

Now your turn...I know that the DB hasn't had to throw the ball the last few weeks but can they? I know that they will have some special defense cooked up for this game but are the able to contain the edges? I know that Dukhart(sp?), Crawford and Sylestver are their biggest threats in the passing game but is Ring do a good job of getting them the ball and the line giving them time? The worst thing about this game is once it starts it seems that it only takes about 15 minutes to get it played.....

Two memories:

In the mid-fifties, SH cheerleaders would come to all elementary schools with free tickets for the Kingsport game. Packing the stadium didn't help, the great Jasper-led teams, clad in almost all white, maroon Jets-like inserts with a number inside, single thin maroon striped helmet, would waste the Hilltoppers.

In the late sixties, after the bureaucratic hiatus of not playing each other, finally both loaded squads got to square off in JC. The stadium was packed beyond standing-room-only. Johnson City embarassed DB, my coaches, players I still knew, me. I had worn the uniform of both teams, but only loved one.

Two memories:

In the mid-fifties, SH cheerleaders would come to all elementary schools with free tickets for the Kingsport game. Packing the stadium didn't help, the great Jasper-led teams, clad in almost all white, maroon Jets-like inserts with a number inside, single thin maroon striped helmet, would waste the Hilltoppers.

In the late sixties, after the bureaucratic hiatus of not playing each other, finally both loaded squads got to square off in JC. The stadium was packed beyond standing-room-only. Johnson City embarassed DB, my coaches, players I still knew, me. I had worn the uniform of both teams, but only loved one.

AWSOME STUFF MAN!