Science Hill @ Dobyns-Bennett

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correction. Actually DB under Graham has done very well in the playoffs. 15 straight playoff appearances (every year at DB), 21-14 in playoffs, 4 qtr finals, 3 semi finals. My guess is they'd take that in a heartbeat in JC /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> Now your turn...list all the playoff experience for the Toppers? Where has SS played in front of larger crowds? At 1A Ezell? Correct me if I'm wrong but he hasn't made the palyoffs at the 5A level.

"Beating that Tribe booty"?mmmm...ok (unfortunatley coacht doesn't have an emoticon for how 3 dollar bill that was) /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" />

did you not notice that I said deep in the playoffs! But I just checked on the tssaa website and realized that they have been to the playoffs since 1974 and only missed 10 times along the way (and the past thirteen years been past the first round 9 years. WOW!) I guess SH fans wanted to catch that record this year - sorry guys when need a few more years! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'm not sure if I'm following you, but 3 trips to the semi-finals in 5A is deep. I'm not knocking our friends in 1A mind you, but pardon me if I'm not mesmerized by something done at "Ezell Harding"? Where in the world is that anyway?

did you not notice that I said deep in the playoffs! But I just checked on the tssaa website and realized that they have been to the playoffs since 1974 and only missed 10 times along the way (and the past thirteen years been past the first round 9 years. WOW!) I guess SH fans wanted to catch that record this year - sorry guys when need a few more years! /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'm not sure if I'm following you, but 3 trips to the semi-finals in 5A is deep. I'm not knocking our friends in 1A mind you, but pardon me if I'm not mesmerized by something done at "Ezell Harding"? Where in the world is that anyway?

Church of Christ backed private school up the road from Hickory Hollow Mall in Antioch/Nahsville. I believe Coach Smith was an assistant at Antioch High School also.

Science Hill is terrible and all DB has is Chris. but the thing is DB could take SH lightly and SH could come up with the upset. i really hope this doesnt happen but if it does i wouldnt be that surprised. but i believe DB will take this one and take this one big by atleast 21. 35-14 Chris will score 3 and then the backups will get some in garbage time.

/hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

Just an old timer that listens, may it be the Jan Mar, Church, Ren Center or where ever. I dont mean to make em mad, I just dont drink GC's Kool Aide. TOO many things get swept under the rug up there. Not just GC but Wilson, Walton, Pugh... But it seems more now since the there is more pressure to win. Several posts still keep talking about the great coaching job. ???? DB finally has a runner running North/South, up under center, a least half a huddle (still need to run the play in) and playing weak teams. How many players in E Tn are being looked at by D-1 schools? That should give you a hint how weak E Tn football is. Since we all like predictions, let me make one for next year. CS will be the fullback and JS the tailback. PS 5 freshman got moved up this week. If they were that great, why didnt they try them at JV sometime during the season since they had problems beating a good team. Oh well, easy win this Friday, maybe some more sr's will get a little playing time.

I'm with you on some of that.All any team has to do against DB is stop the run.The passes that they do throw are short,some behind the line.I saw where last week, they threw one pass to leading receiver #10 and it was for (-1yard).This time last year Bo had over 1200 yards passing I believe going into SH game.Time will tell.

I'm with you on some of that.All any team has to do against DB is stop the run.The passes that they do throw are short,some behind the line.I saw where last week, they threw one pass to leading receiver #10 and it was for (-1yard).This time last year Bo had over 1200 yards passing I believe going into SH game.Time will tell.

Yeah, and the leading rusher for DB had about 400 yrds. This time last year everybody (including me) was complaining about to much passing and not enough running plays in DB's play book. 60 to 70% running plays is what works best on the high school level.

If this is his Super Bowl,then SH will be playing the part of Buffalo.DB will be playing the part of any other team that beat Buffalo.No danger except for the poor guy who will have to change the light bulbs on DB's side of the score board.He talked his talk,now he will see the walk. /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

I'm not taking about it being the Super Bowl to Coach Smith; I'm referring to the players. For the seniors, this is it! They may have been beaten, bruised and embarrassed at times, but they are NOT intimidated and will come out swinging.

And there is a distinct possibility that D-B will punch SHHS in the mouth and bloody their nose, but I am quit confidant D-B will know they have been in a fight! And SHHS does have a punchers chance. (Of course I am referring to adhering to all (most) of the TSSAA rules and regulations of high school football) Just wanted to clarify that.

Lets have a good ole fashion football game Friday night and have fun.

Just an old timer that listens, may it be the Jan Mar, Church, Ren Center or where ever. I dont mean to make em mad, I just dont drink GC's Kool Aide. TOO many things get swept under the rug up there. Not just GC but Wilson, Walton, Pugh... But it seems more now since the there is more pressure to win. Several posts still keep talking about the great coaching job. ???? DB finally has a runner running North/South, up under center, a least half a huddle (still need to run the play in) and playing weak teams. How many players in E Tn are being looked at by D-1 schools? That should give you a hint how weak E Tn football is. Since we all like predictions, let me make one for next year. CS will be the fullback and JS the tailback. PS 5 freshman got moved up this week. If they were that great, why didnt they try them at JV sometime during the season since they had problems beating a good team. Oh well, easy win this Friday, maybe some more sr's will get a little playing time.

TOTAL BULL _ _ _ _ !

Who are the 5 Freshmen that got moved up this week? I'm sure the Steele kid is one of them, who are the other four?